1. #1

    Any way to keybind the world markers?

    Hey I was just wondering if there was any way to keybind the blizzard raid world markers to keys? I've google searched every combination of the phrase world marker keybind and can't seem to find anything. Is it even possible for an addon to do this with the way blizzard programed it? Any insight would be great, thanks.

  2. #2
    Like the Skull or Triangle? Look under keybinding options.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by shakkenbake View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if there was any way to keybind the blizzard raid world markers to keys? I've google searched every combination of the phrase world marker keybind and can't seem to find anything. Is it even possible for an addon to do this with the way blizzard programed it? Any insight would be great, thanks.
    If you mean the symbols yeah you can. I never use numpad and just bound them by importance...skull is 1, x is 2, etc.
    If you mean the flares, I have no idea yet.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Contion_BB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    Like the Skull or Triangle? Look under keybinding options.
    no he is talking about the world raid smokes... its part of the new raid UI for Leaders

    As of right now I don't think there is I have been looking myself
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

  5. #5
    Oh cool, so like the engineering smokes from BC but as a part of the interface?

  6. #6
    Try this it's pretty sweet: Smoker @ Curse.com

    Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Deralte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Contion_BB View Post
    no he is talking about the world raid smokes... its part of the new raid UI for Leaders
    What is this?

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    Like the Skull or Triangle? Look under keybinding options.
    this.

    and if you're looking for an addon, i can only recomment Baud Mark. you just need one key to bind it, it opens a circle shaped menu right over your cursor. left click on one to mark, right click to remove a mark. the menu stays open as long as you're pressing the hotkey:




    edit: since you are apparently not talking about raid icons, nevermind^^

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    Like the Skull or Triangle? Look under keybinding options.
    The world markers are the "smokeflarethingies" that was included in the new improved raidtool UI.

  10. #10
    Yea this addon was sort of what I was looking for, except something I can use to acutally use them with a keypress.

    And no I'm not talking about the lucky charms (skull, X, Square etc..), the blizzard raid flares aka world markers.

  11. #11
    You should probably be able to do it with the addon I linked and by making 5 macros and keybinding them, like this:

    /click Smokerbluebutton

    /click Smokergreenbutton

    /click Smokerpurplebutton

    /click Smokerredbutton

    /click Smokerwhitebutton


    CaSe SeNSiTiVe

    Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

  12. #12
    Ok, so where do I send my first born child to you Lawomous?

    He he, thank you very much good sir, works great.

  13. #13
    You don't have to have that addon installed if you simply want to make macros for it.

    You can put this in a macro:
    Code:
    /click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1
    1 is blue. 2 is green. 3 is purple. 4 is red. 5 is white and 6 is cancel flare.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorkrik View Post
    You don't have to have that addon installed if you simply want to make macros for it.

    You can put this in a macro:
    Code:
    /click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1
    1 is blue. 2 is green. 3 is purple. 4 is red. 5 is white and 6 is cancel flare.
    What a legend, thanks mate!

    You do have to double click it for it to work though.
    twitch.tv/Dingolicious - Various games streamed from time to time!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    What a legend, thanks mate!

    You do have to double click it for it to work though.
    Yo, you necro'd such an ancient topic that Blizzard has since added macro commands to allow you to do this in 5 characters instead of 103.
    Code:
    /wm 1

  16. #16
    I use RaidFlareBindings - you can bind each marker, and clear markers, directly to a key without making a macro. Personally, I use my numpad 1-8 for target markers, and alt-numpad 1-5 for flares.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •