Neat Idea for rogue's new abilities

I think they should implement an ability that has 2 abilities to it. For example:

Heightened Senses:

Defensive Bonus: You become more agile, gaining + 30% dodge, and + 30% movement speed.

Offensive Bonus: You gain + 20% atk spd, and + 10% crit strike chance.

Now, you would toggle between which bonus you will use, and it puts the other bonus on a 30-45 second cd. It would make the ability highly situational and make you choose abilities based on your situation. This could even go for other abilities such as an ability that is a finisher and an ability that is a defensive cd.

Deleted
    Not to be a rude but sorry this is slightly silly. I would never ever evr ever ever as a DPS raider use the defensive. What you are describing sounds like a charka state but for rogues. We already have evasion and sprint abilities. Unless you coming from a pvp stand point i dont understnd the benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    The base concept behind this (trading offense for defense) simply won't work in a game as tightly tuned as WoW. PvP might be variable, but PvE would always be the offensive side, unless you're using the defensive for a specific gimicky purpose (kiting, for example). Sorry to be a downer =( but it just won't see use.

There are some very limited examples to times a choice of resources can show advantage to defensive abilities, but it's really quite rare. The only example I can think of is Destruction warlocks using Ember Tap (ember resource) for healing, but that is a massive heal-on-demand for encounters were survival is more of a threat than the DPS timer.

In order for a defensive choice to function (PvE), it has to either counter any non-1-shot of the encounter (e.g. ember tap's giant heal at a relatively low cost), or immune 1-shot abilities/cheese mechanics (cloak of shadows, vanish).