Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously am going to start copying quotes like this. A year after WoD releases, and everyone has gotten good and comfortable, I'm going to create a thread and post all of these quotes from people who can't comprehend that this makes absolutely fuck-all difference other than what your numbers look like, and I'm going to ask, "So, how badly did it nerf you? Oh? You're still end-game progressing? I thought it was a nerf and you wouldn't be able to do it?"

    You, Fummockelchen, are person number 13 on my list so far. You have been quoted, and I will make the thread to call you out on it later on down the road.

    I have unfortunately bowed out from playing WoW, so I won't get to see how this fares. Well, other than from posts here. But it's something I've been looking forward to, and I'm curious how it'll pan out.
    Its fully understood that blizzard is going to enable us to do the content with the squish. no one here is claiming i cant do my job pre-nerf. and waiting one year later to throw something in someone's face proves what? that he was "forced" to accept the way things are? if the nerf is going through we obviously are going to have to deal with it.. it does not mean we like it but we will deal with it as its that or quit. It is the perceived perception of a character some of us have worked on since the game launched to suddenly loose 6 years of progress that is not sitting well with some of us. the relative power is fine.. but the visual perception is still there.. im hitting only as hard as i was 6 years ago.. hence.. weaker toon

  2. #122
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,850
    I prefer seeing bigger numbers personally, and it's going to be rather disappointing to see the same numbers I was generating in WOTLK/Cata; even if they're proportionally much higher than in that expansion. So long as things are proportionally higher however, then i'll probably get used to it; in the same way that I got used to playing WoW on widescreen with my new laptop.

    I can't help but feel this is just a band-aid however; sooner or later in X amount of expansions, they'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade.
    Last edited by Alenarien; 2014-03-01 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    "Because I'm right" isn't such a good reason as you might think.
    I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just explaining to you that we're not disagreeing with you because we can't see what you're saying. We can see, and we dismiss your position as being without value.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I can't help but feel this is just a band-aid however; sooner or later in X amount of expansions, they'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade.
    They may have to squish again. But with squishing, the item growth in "old" content becomes linear, not exponential, and they are unlikely to ever have to go beyond 32 bits.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  4. #124
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,043
    It's not a nerf. Relative power remains the same, NUMBERS are smaller. Why is this so difficult to grasp? I guess those people get some massive e-peen boner from seeing the high numbers...I don't see my toons power in the numbers flashing across my screen. I see it in how fast mobs go down when I attack them.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2014-03-01 at 02:30 PM.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  5. #125
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's not a nerf. Relative power remains the same, NUMBERS are smaller. Why is this so difficult to grasp? I guess those people get some massive e-peen boner from seeing the high numbers...
    What does 'epeen' have to do with it? Some people simply like seeing big numbers; just as some people prefer smaller numbers. It's a matter of preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

  6. #126
    Personally cant wait till item squish...the fact I do like 300k more dps with H WF gear than a fresh 90 is ridiculous and stupid. Gear from previous instances should at least be marginally viable instead of completely worthless. Glad they realized their mistake cause things got way out of hand in MoP

  7. #127
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    It is the perceived perception of a character some of us have worked on since the game launched to suddenly loose 6 years of progress that is not sitting well with some of us. the relative power is fine.. but the visual perception is still there.. im hitting only as hard as i was 6 years ago.. hence.. weaker toon
    This here is the problem. I'm surprised hardly anyone seems to care about this. I guess character progression isn't something that belongs in an RPG and we should just reset numbers every time like we're playing LoL.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Its not going to work like that.
    Of course it's going to work like that, they said it in their blog. Did you even read it?
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    This here is the problem. I'm surprised hardly anyone seems to care about this. I guess character progression isn't something that belongs in an RPG and we should just reset numbers every time like we're playing LoL.
    It is not a problem. Thats the thing. You make it a problem for some reason, when in fact, there is no problem. Only "power" you loose is visually doing a million + burst damage and a steady 400k ish damage. When you are lvl 100, and you can solo HC LK, something you could not back when you where lvl 90, have you not progressed you character? When going back to MoP content in lvl 100 and you can solo/2man some of the raids, have you not had character progression?
    (assuming this will be possible, since Blizzard have said multiple times that soloing old content will be just as easy/hard as it is now)

    Visual perception is still there yes, it makes you feel weaker, when in fact you are not, thus not loosing character progression, wrap your head around it. Seeing big numbers are fun, I agree, but seeing less, and seeing things still die as fast, then there is no change. And if you like big numbers, get an addon or whatever to add 3x0 (000) or more if thats what you like behind the real number thats popping up when a spell hit.

    So again, there is no problem, and the "anti-squish" crowds argument is still "I want big numbers", and that seems to be the only argument you have, and it is a stupid and bad argument.

  10. #130
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And while that means your numbers for stats and damage are being reduced by a huge amount, the same goes for creatures' health and damage output. For example, a Fireball that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of his 3,000,000 health (15% of its health) may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health).
    Someone needs to sticky this at the front page. Or make everyone read it before they log in or enter the site.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2014-03-01 at 03:31 PM.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  11. #131
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,951
    Wish they would kept it at around 30k. I prefer wotlk numbers -a lot- more than cata numbers and mop numbers.

  12. #132
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Visual perception is still there yes, it makes you feel weaker, when in fact you are not, thus not loosing character progression, wrap your head around it. Seeing big numbers are fun, I agree, but seeing less, and seeing things still die as fast, then there is no change.
    The change would be that your character feels weaker, which obviously is not a good thing. I can't see the underlying code, I can only see the numbers representing the strength.

  13. #133
    I'd rather see us with wotlk power at 100 and not 90 but oh well...

  14. #134
    i get the squish, i dont see how some people cant, your relative power towards the enemy hasnt changed, just the numeric value.


    what i want to know is how they are going to do it so that we dont end up having to farm raid content multiple tiers below the current patch just for that trinket with the godly proc or something

  15. #135
    it sure do look awesome hmu

  16. #136
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    - snip -
    If I could +1 your post, I could. Still waiting for the damn rating system boub!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    What does 'epeen' have to do with it? Some people simply like seeing big numbers; just as some people prefer smaller numbers. It's a matter of preference.
    Look man, whether it is preference or not, it's happening and if you don't like it, then get out. You have that choice. Plus, keep in mind, that we haven't even seen this in action yet. We still don't know if doing this in vanilla mobs are going to work out as well as it should. How has their formula changed everything is still something I want to see.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogabr View Post
    what i want to know is how they are going to do it so that we dont end up having to farm raid content multiple tiers below the current patch just for that trinket with the godly proc or something
    Same reason you didn't have to go farm Naxx25 to get trinkets for ICC.

    The numbers are smaller, but the relative power gains between tiers are just as significant. If it helps, don't think in terms of numbers, think in terms of percents. Gaining 20% power is gaining 20% power. The fact that 20% of 5000 is a smaller number than 20% of 500,000 makes zero difference.

  18. #138
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofton View Post
    False, they are going to upgrade stats more linearly now, so we wont be up to MoP stats by xpac #7

    Indeed. Anyways, it's hard to tell now. We don't really know what they might have in their pocket for the x packs after WoD.

  19. #139
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not.

    They're only squishing the content up to leveling prior to WoD. After that we'll still see exponential increases in power as raid tiers are released and new expansions come out. 3 or 4 expansions from now might result in another squish (or probably removal of previous expansions completely) to compensate.
    I'd imagine they've thought ahead and plan to squish with the launch of each expansion.
    - Make an Item, give it 2 variations of stats, so Item A/B. Next xpack hits, flick the "switch all 2 B" button, Bam, all WoD items drop some Ilevels - They could probably tie this into the scaling used on heirlooms, even. After WoD all WoD gear scales back to 5 levels or something.

    They need to think of a way to stop it getting out of control, like the above idea. Not just let it get out of control then spend months tweaking all the items to compensate. We cant go along with just getting a item squish every X amount of years. I can understand this situation, but they would be foolish to let it happen again. A simple minor squish at the end of each expansion would suffice.

    Look at the graph, 1-90 is a smooth line, hardly any jumps at all, untill 100. If they replicate this at the end of each expansion, they can still give us a little flick up in Ilvl for the new expansion, without having to get silly on numbers. And every fresh levelling process will be a smooth curve until endgame.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    Same reason you didn't have to go farm Naxx25 to get trinkets for ICC.

    The numbers are smaller, but the relative power gains between tiers are just as significant. If it helps, don't think in terms of numbers, think in terms of percents. Gaining 20% power is gaining 20% power. The fact that 20% of 5000 is a smaller number than 20% of 500,000 makes zero difference.
    trinket with the godly proc or something



    i wasnt talking about some random stat stick of a trinket.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •