Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This Is MY Problem...

My problem is: The community of WoW constantly complains, and is never satisfied with anything. It's really disappointing to be honest. Blizzard works so hard to improve their game. They didn't really have to improve the models, but they did, for you. And yet, you're not satisfied? You're not satisfied with them creating a complete new world? You're not satisfied with no new class or race? Blizzard takes a LOT of time to improve the game for us. I feel like it's about time to thank them for all the effort they put through WoW.

Now for the expansion. I'm VERY excited. I think it's cool we get to go back and see how the Orcs and Draenei lived, and how they fought. What's also more interesting is seeing how the Warlords interacted with each other, and how they will react to seeing people come from another world. Also the new models are VERY amazing. It makes me want to roll EVERY race.. I'm really happy with (though it's still in the making) this expac.

nerds love hating the things they love

Deleted
    I am still super-hyped for WoD! And I think most players are quite happy with what we have been shown, it's just that the players that don't like it, say it and make posts about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XzKlowNzX View Post
    My problem is: The community of WoW constantly complains, and is never satisfied with anything. It's really disappointing to be honest. Blizzard works so hard to improve their game. They didn't really have to improve the models, but they did, for you. And yet, you're not satisfied? You're not satisfied with them creating a complete new world? You're not satisfied with no new class or race? Blizzard takes a LOT of time to improve the game for us. I feel like it's about time to thank them for all the effort they put through WoW.

Now for the expansion. I'm VERY excited. I think it's cool we get to go back and see how the Orcs and Draenei lived, and how they fought. What's also more interesting is seeing how the Warlords interacted with each other, and how they will react to seeing people come from another world. Also the new models are VERY amazing. It makes me want to roll EVERY race.. I'm really happy with (though it's still in the making) this expac.
    Only, they did have to. In business, you're either ahead of the curve, or dead in the water, and Blizzard's business is making great games, and this game would not be great if they didn't constantly make it better, or at least, try to.

I am looking forward to the Xpac as well, but it is a tad disingenuous to assume Blizzard is updated models just because they love us that much; they want to keep our money, and that is a good way to do it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted
    I can see your point and please don't infract me for this, but i pay mounthly fee for them to update they game it's not like they're doing it for free.

The vast majority of players don't post on any forum. Complaints, for any business, from customers outnumber praise by about ten to one.

In other words, don't read too much into forum posts.

Deleted
    A wide community (7.8 mill and old players) never contains people who all have the same view on things.

There are enough people who appreciate Blizzard for WoW. Those who don't are also there, but these are either:
    - People who never played the game and don't let their voices be heared other than Youtube.
    - People who played the game and dislike what Blizz is "doing to it". Usually means WoW ruined their lives, care too much about it to just leave it behind them or have nothing else to do.
    The latter (dissatisfied) is the vocal minority whilst those who enjoy playing it don't spam post Battle.net or MMOC about how bad it is. They much rather play the actual game.

And it's just the internet. Since nothing they say on the internet can possibly have the slighest influence on their real life, they act self-confident and can pretty much say whatever they please, when they please.

10+ Year Old Account

Starts a thread to complain about other people complaining. A memeface would accurately express my feelings on this, guess which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    The vast majority of players don't post on any forum. Complaints, for any business, from customers outnumber praise by about ten to one.

In other words, don't read too much into forum posts.
    100% this! When people are satisfied/happy with a product, they tend to just go with the flow and enjoy that product. When they're not, they need to inform the world of how terrible it all is!

Quote Originally Posted by Utakatagaming View Post
    I can see your point and please don't infract me for this, but i pay mounthly fee for them to update they game it's not like they're doing it for free.
    Except your subscription doesn't directly pay for it. It's in your license agreement.

Complaints are good. Otherwise we end up with things like Diablo 3.

When a playerbase wants XYZ, and the devs give them just X, complaining means that in the future they may get Yand/orZ. Being complacent means the devs see that fulfilling some of what players want is enough. When people don't complain, changes arent put in and more things are left unchanged or unadded. You shouldn't be complacent because most dont find ANY game to be 100% perfect, if anybody.

Complaining is why we are getting harder heroic dungeons again, complaining is why we will have more heroics added over the expansion. Not complaining would mean they don't change a thing, and there are things EVERYBODY likes/dislikes.

Keep in mind most of the people you interact with on forums are people who have "all day to sit around and talk about wow" and among that kind of roster you're going to see a lot of complaining. That's healthy.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Only, they did have to. In business, you're either ahead of the curve, or dead in the water, and Blizzard's business is making great games, and this game would not be great if they didn't constantly make it better, or at least, try to.

I am looking forward to the Xpac as well, but it is a tad disingenuous to assume Blizzard is updated models just because they love us that much; they want to keep our money, and that is a good way to do it.
    I think one could add to this "business necessity" approach that the people working at Blizzard (the individual developers/teams not the "company itself" I suppose) do choose to spend their days and make their money making this game (hopefully) better for its player base. So, while yes, monetary incentivization does matter in the improving of products, it doesn't fully remove that people are choosing to better THIS product, instead of, idk, figuring out how to rip off mortgages and loans again

10+ Year Old Account

My suggested solution for YOUR problem: see a counselor specializing in addiction, withdrawal, and cults. Your failure to understand that the World of Warcraft is a paid commercial product created by a for-profit business is likely the result of psychological dependence on the game and the loss of your ability to think critically about anything involving the cult of Blizzard. Best of luck with your recovery!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

When a playerbase wants XYZ, and the devs give them just X, complaining means that in the future they may get Yand/orZ. Being complacent means the devs see that fulfilling some of what players want is enough. When people don't complain, changes arent put in and more things are left unchanged or unadded. You shouldn't be complacent because most dont find ANY game to be 100% perfect, if anybody.

Complaining is why we are getting harder heroic dungeons again, complaining is why we will have more heroics added over the expansion. Not complaining would mean they don't change a thing, and there are things EVERYBODY likes/dislikes.
    The other problem is that the WoW playerbase is one of the least homogenous social groups in the modern era. We might be getting harder heroics/more heroics cause of complaining, but we also received easier heroics (I can't clear Grim Batol!) and less of them (spend more time developing raids!) because of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesalia View Post
    nerds love hating the things they love
    Generally this. Could boil it down to nerds love hating, even.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you. People complaining need to get a grip. Do they actually think whining on an internet forum gets things done? I'm sure if they had a nickel for every time they complained they could buy even more fedoras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I agree with you. People complaining need to get a grip. Do they actually think whining on an internet forum gets things done? I'm sure if they had a nickel for every time they complained they could buy even more fedoras.
    You appear to be sadly uninformed about the cost of quality fedoras. I critique (aka. complain, bitch, QQ, whine, or preach heresy) regarding Blizzard pretty regularly, and at a nickle per post I still wouldn't be able to afford a single piece of fine haberdashery.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

It extends beyond the WoW community into life in general. People complain about everything. No matter what. It is what it is. But the reality is that the majority don't care one way or another and just enjoy the game. A few people complaining on forums isn't going to make or break anything. I tend to ignore most of the stuff people complain about and just play.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

The words you're looking for are feedback and constructive criticism, not complaints. Complaining is primarily going to annoy people.