Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How exactly am I supposed to get Challenge mode?

I have geared my character, and tried challenge modes with few people and all tries are 100% failure because people dont have any clue, wiping on first trash. But since I have no 9/9 experience, none of the openraid events are gonna take me in and those who are not requiring experience, it is still tough luck to get in.

At this rate, challenge modes are going to be removed before I even get 1 gold.

oQueue is another place to start looking, it's an addon that works similar to OpenRaid, except you can apply for groups via battle.net tags.

Make some friends who are decent players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Make your own Openraid event.

Quote Originally Posted by Calz View Post
    Make your own Openraid event.
    Its hard when people dont join

Also its even harder to find people who

1. have any idea how to play
    2. have patience

For whole day and yesterday I have tried to form group and had few failed attempts and then people just left.

I cant understand how the fuck am I supposed to find competent people for 9/9 gold modes, at this rate I will never get those done before they are removed.

Make friends, learn the CM's, go in. Even if you get full Silver experience (which is easy)...people will probably take you

Pay a carry group to do it? Majority of the people we carry aren't bad or anything, they just have the same deal you do. Finding a random group on the fly is pretty crappy from what I hear.

Also, WTS 9/9 CMs pst.
    Narye/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 4/17M T17- 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have geared my character, and tried challenge modes with few people and all tries are 100% failure because people dont have any clue, wiping on first trash. But since I have no 9/9 experience, none of the openraid events are gonna take me in and those who are not requiring experience, it is still tough luck to get in.

At this rate, challenge modes are going to be removed before I even get 1 gold.
    Give me 70 bucks and I will do them for you jk jk

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Pay a carry group to do it? Majority of the people we carry aren't bad or anything, they just have the same deal you do. Finding a random group on the fly is pretty crappy from what I hear.

Also, WTS 9/9 CMs pst.
    I dont have 100 000

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post

Also, WTS 9/9 CMs pst.
    What good is that? Get the achievement? The purpose is to have some fun, not cheese your way through the dungeons; this is a game after all. I'd much rather complete a few dungeons on gold and the rest on silver, if I can, than pay to get an achievement that I cheated to do so; I am not obsessed about earning rewards; it's the playing part that I am interested in.

Unfortunately, challenge mode is still a niche activity, and an above-average-performance demanding one; so it attracts either players with high requirements of others, or ones that seek for opportunities to pray on reward-obsessed players.

Make friends with skilled players.

CMs aren't meant to be puggable.

I'd try to help you get your foot in the door, Cle. If having someone with "experience" and whatnot would actually help, and you're on US Alli, maybe Horde in a bit.
    Since you seem to still want to not just get carried through, I think you having to make the group seems fair, given you do get to advertise a bit more now, too.

P.S., the mindset "I'll never do it" never got anything done.
    I completely pugged my first four, first two no one had xp, then I led the next two. So, you just bash your head against the wall, a lot.
    And you get used to it.
    So, be ready to not one-shot things and have to potentially replace pugs because they have no experience. It's how things go.
    All I can say is be glad it's not ACTUALLY hard, because trying to recruit for Heroic Raiding, definitely harder. And more people.

TheGnomeKing#1998

I cant play with you because EU horde

I dont have 100 000
    You have 4-5 months. Plenty of time.

Figured I'd offer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But, realistically, pugging is going to be awful.
    It's unfortunate you picked a time like this, because even a couple months after I got my first set it was hell finding groups. It'd take weeks. And I've only recently done groups with people I know.

A large part of what you can do, is just find recorded gold. runs. Take note of things they mention, and a general rundown of the run. Leading them is actually pretty easy, in my opinion. Just a checklist of things to go through as you go through the run.
    Biggest thing to note is warning people about each super important part of a run, to keep it on their minds. Because there's a few checks for each individual, but then it's largely group coordination.

We really need to make a group/thread of people who are experienced and either like to help others or want to continue picking up transmog sets on alts that will form groups and bring 1-2 new people along as they can.

Like I'm personally 9/9 on 3 toons and would like to continue getting sets but its hard convincing the same friends to repeatedly do them. So I wouldn't have issues with explaining things to people who are willing to invest time in being decent. Since gold isn't actuallyyy hard it just requires minimal effort as far as class knowledge/consumables/strats
    Last edited by Turkey One; 2014-03-01 at 05:24 PM.

Currently i have managed to get healer and dps but need tank, also maybe healer because healer does not seem to come online

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    We really need to make a group/thread of people who are experienced and either like to help others or want to continue picking up transmog sets on alts that will form groups and bring 1-2 new people along as they can.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11763926908
    It doesn't exist here, as far as I know.
    But the official forums already have a LFG running for US, and have for a long time now.

Do I really have to farm 100 000 and get boost? Fuck that game if I cant get anything by actually playing.

Just had 1 another total fail group, cant even get past first trash of Gate of the setting sun.

Do I really have to farm 100 000 and get boost? Fuck that game if I cant get anything by actually playing.

Just had 1 another total fail group, cant even get past first trash of Gate of the setting sun.
    Learn to befriend people. You are playing a MMORPG while complaining that you have to play with other people to get something you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.