Pet Taunt / Aggro while soloing

Anyone else having issues with their pets holding aggro? I keep trying to solo Zandalari Warbringers but neither my hunter or my warlocks pets can hold aggro. Even when I misdirect my pet on my hunter I still pull aggro after 2 shots. I even have the misdirect glyph which should allow me to cast Misdirect infinite amount of times on my pet. Soon as I cast it and shoot it goes on a 30 sec cool down.

been having this problem on my hunter while soloing. I could live with the MD cd bug thing if my pet could actually hold aggro

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayDohBoy View Post
    Anyone else having issues with their pets holding aggro? I keep trying to solo Zandalari Warbringers but neither my hunter or my warlocks pets can hold aggro. Even when I misdirect my pet on my hunter I still pull aggro after 2 shots. I even have the misdirect glyph which should allow me to cast Misdirect infinite amount of times on my pet. Soon as I cast it and shoot it goes on a 30 sec cool down.
    Did you notice, your pet doesn't set off the growl at all? Warbringers, like various other Elite Mobs cannot be taunted. They aggro on the highest damage dealer. You do more dmg than your pet, you get the aggro.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried binding Arcane Shot and Misdirection (glyphed), and it worked. But now I have a macro to auto-Misdirect the pet, apart from Arcane Shot, and that works too.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Xuen and Earth elemental always had agro when I used to solo them. Was better on my shaman, since I'd pull agro and then the elemental would pull it back. Never tried it with a "real" pet having class though.

I have recently started killing these with my hunter and learned a few tricks.

First, Beatial Wrath pulls agro every single time you try to use it. Don't use it and see the difference it makes.

Second, when they cast haunting spirit you need to hit the spirit ASAP to get it's attention and off of your pet as it wrecks them. I use Glaive toss which seems to be doing the trick. I save it just for the spirits and hit right after they appear. The spirit then starts toward you which is easy to handle with an ice trap and you never have to miss a beat on DPS against warbringer.

Third, if your pet dies it's impossible to for pet to re-gain agro and feign death is your best option. I've tried everything after rezing pet to get agro back and I'm convinced its not possible.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

That cooldown on misdirection is annoying, anyway to stop it from happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you absolutely sure you have the right MD glyph? I've never encountered this so-called bug. Also, yes, Warbringers have been immune to taunt since forever. Blizzard got tired of people soloing them, so they made them immune to taunts, interrupts, all cc (root, stun, fear), a few weeks after 5.3. Quite dumb, used to kite them around on my hunter and kill them. I would personally macro MD into all my shots if it were my intent to farm them.

EDIT: And you know what, I actually just went out to test this. I only found a Warscout, not a Warbringer, but I did notice MD cooldown wasn't being reset...however, once I turned off my pet's growl, it continued resetting like normal. That's quite strange. I guess just turn off growl. Your pet won't be able to use it, anyway.
    EDIT2lol: Found a Warbringer. Turned Growl off. No MD bug, could repeatedly MD quite successfully. Warbringer was wrecking my poor turtle, so I put him on passive and had MD macro'd into all my shots. Kited Warbringer while he chased my poor pet. Kept up mend pet whenever possible. Victory.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-02-28 at 11:11 PM.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDohBoy View Post
    Taunts dont work on the warbringers, so when the aggro from MD drops you get it back