Thread: Blizzcon 2014

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzcon 2014

I'm wondering when or if we'll see an announcement for Blizzcon 2014.

The announcement for Blizzcon 2013 went out right around this time of the year last year (February 19th, 2013).

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not do a Blizzcon every year. September-November, we should have HotS in beta, WoD released, SC2 expansion 2 in beta, and 1-2 Hearthstone "expansion packs". Was the Warcraft movie delayed till 2016?

Unless blizz has ANOTHER new game being developed, I do not see a Blizzcon 2014 coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm guessing they will skip Blizzcon this year. Blizzcons cost a lot of time, money and effort. They won't have as much as to reveal as last time.

Not that this years blizzcon was a success. Actualy quite underwhelming despite all the launches slated for this year.

I almost feel like they need to make blizzcon 3 days when it's not annual. To me this years blizzcon felt rushed and convoluted. Not enough time spent on each game and WoD wasn't far enough along to reveal much of anything honestly.

IF, and a big IF they do one which they tend to when there's a big announcement on the horizon the focus will end up being the next StarCraft expansion, HoTS, HS, and possibly, maybe something about Titan?

I do know that most of the Blizzard guys like to do it, but as people have said it takes time, money, etc to set it up. So honestly it's really up in the air. Would I like it if they do one? Of course. Would I be crushed if not? No.

During the movie panel, the panelists explicitly talked about the 2014 Blizzcon. They also said that they didn't want to take another year off, like ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend loves it he tries to go to every one, he is a massive WoW fan. I'm personally going to Gamescon though this year in Germany =)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    it just doesnt seem like they would have a lot to showcase at a blizzcon this year.

heroes of the storm and maybe sc2 expansion. everything else will be way too far in development to show or not in development at all. as much as i love the starcraft universe, a whole day spent talking about it would get old quickly

Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    I've been to one Blizzcon back in 2008 and I found it terrible. Too many people together, so much noise. Sure I get why that might be appealing to some people but personally, I prefer to sit at home and watch the stream. It's also expensive.
    Isn't that obvious to every convention of all kinds?

I personally thought they'd skip it, but, they have spoken about 2014, and said they don't want to skip it, so I think they will.

They don't need a huge announcement every Blizzcon, it's a great venue for it, but even the tournaments, store, experience, playing alpha's and betas, Q&A's, all that is worth it and justify the cost to most other than a WoW xpac trailer.

Who knows what they have up their sleeve?

They said HoTS was a direct result of Blizzcon.

If Blizzard does stick to their annual expansion strategy, then we'll be seeing WoW expansions announced every year, including 2014. We'll definitely see Heroes at 2014, as well as a huge amount of movie information, not to mention the next Starcraft expansion is due to be announced soon.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtank View Post
    During the movie panel, the panelists explicitly talked about the 2014 Blizzcon. They also said that they didn't want to take another year off, like ever.
    you beat me too it. yes there will be a blizzcon 2014. the have SC2: legacy of the void and maybe they might have info on the new direction of titan since it when back to the drawing board. there is other stuff the could talk about too. like the Warcraft movie
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    If Blizzard does stick to their annual expansion strategy
    Not terribly likely when the gap between the end of one expansion the beginning of another is going to be anywhere from 10 to 12 months this time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    They do not do a Blizzcon every year. September-November, we should have HotS in beta, WoD released, SC2 expansion 2 in beta, and 1-2 Hearthstone "expansion packs". Was the Warcraft movie delayed till 2016?

Unless blizz has ANOTHER new game being developed, I do not see a Blizzcon 2014 coming out.
    Yeah they do, except for '12 where they didn't have time.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    im pretty sure there will be no blizzcon 2014, but i'd love to be wrong, i love blizzcon! but with WoD likely released by Nov when they usually hold it, Hearthstone released, D3 expac released, HoTS in at least beta, i just dont think there will be much to announce other than talk about some patches for WoW. so i don't think we will see one, which is a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the movie, WoD, and probably Starcraft 2's last expansion, there's probably enough to warrant one.

I doubt they'd have much to reveal in a 2014 blizzcon.

They very well could announce the wow 7 expansion which they working on right now along side of WoD. Plus they need to reveal LoV. And there is going to be movie stuff to talk about. Plus there this lots of stuff they can talk about

I don't see the the reason for Blizzcon this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Between the movie, WoD, and probably Starcraft 2's last expansion, there's probably enough to warrant one.
    The movie won't release for another two years, Warlords will have been released, and Legacy of the Void won't have enough to show unless they actually announce it this side of summer. My guess is that they won't have enough to show off to warrant a Con this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtank View Post
    These things are not decided by panelists. They are decided by suits, who don't give a shit about games, panelists or Blizzcon. Only profit. So the question is "will Blizzcon 2014 have any reason to exist so that it's worth the expense?"