Poll: Should 1% Secondary Stat Racials be removed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    As I said, performance matters way more to me. In order to take the races I want, I'd need to take a hit in effectiveness. To me, that's pretty silly.
    you are extremly overthinking this...
    it's not THAT big of a difference between races

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Keep it for an expansion, and even buff the not so played races passive boosts higher even. Let the race numbers balance out in the population. Then by next expansion, make all racials cosmetic.

If I could, I would buff the racials of Tauren, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Goblins even more so we can see more of them.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, racials like +x% crit damage or +x% haste or whatever are not fun, not interesting, and weird after hearing Blizzard didn't like simple +x% stats (then they changed talent system).
    Damage modifier racials will always generate balance problem in regards of population and damage to a lesser extent. Imho balance the racials this is the time to make it.

with the stat squish and the stat changes that 1%-2% will be very meaningful. remember that BIS gear will be extremely rare(1%)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I vote all racials be cosmetic so everyone is on equal footing.
    No. Enough with the homogenization for the "why does so and so class have this ability and we feel like we need to have it?!?" crowd. My Shaman and Mage used to be different classes, now they are almost identical due to PvPers whining about Shaman in one form or another and raiders complaining about having to carry a Shaman just for Heroism.

The 1% stuff is boring, but useless crap is not an acceptable replacement.

In the quest for balanced racials, things are just going to end up being completely homogenized in the end.

There will be only one racial:
    "Race: Yes, your character has one, just like everybody else, so everybody gets +10% specialness"

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep them as they are so people are encouraged to go Alliance in WoD and even things out. SO many lorefedoras in this thread.

Races used to have a very minor base stat difference. Might as well have just kept that, made next to no difference, but it was fun to see that Dwarves were sturdier (few extra Sta/Str points) whereas gnomes were smarter and more nimble (same, but with Agi and Int)

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't see the point in keeping 1% secondary stat racials when they aren't doing anything to making each class seem any more iconic or diverse. It adds no gameplay, and is about as rewarding as the non-optimal gems in your set to keep a socket bonus.

I think if they are going the route of retuning racials, they should address it properly and add racials that actually provide a bit of gameplay. Even the 2% movement speed or 1% to primary stat racials that NE and Draenei are getting seem more interesting; but 1% haste to this class and 1% crit to that is nothing a Gem couldn't replicate.
    One, they are getting rid of almost all gem slots (as in they will be a rare bonus to an item) so it is NOT something that will be replicated in a gem. And second, you have NO idea what you are talking about. 1% is a big deal now and will be a big deal in WoD. I play a gnome mage. Right now that sword/dagger + off hand gives me 1% hit (well expertise but for mages expertise translates to hit). That is 1% less hit I have to reforge into so that is 1% more of a stat I DO need which is a dps increase which may mean the difference between us getting heroic Garrosh down or not.

In WoD, gnomes get 1% haste. As a frost mage, haste is my favored secondary stats and that is 1% less haste I have to worry about to get my casting times down to the optimal 1 second (for frost bolt). With no reforge in WoD, that means I am stuck with whatever gear I get (and since Blizzards RNG hates me, its going to be not the gear I want) so that 1% haste that I DON'T have to worry about is that much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    One, they are getting rid of almost all gem slots (as in they will be a rare bonus to an item) so it is NOT something that will be replicated in a gem. And second, you have NO idea what you are talking about. 1% is a big deal now and will be a big deal in WoD. I play a gnome mage. Right now that sword/dagger + off hand gives me 1% hit (well expertise but for mages expertise translates to hit). That is 1% less hit I have to reforge into so that is 1% more of a stat I DO need which is a dps increase which may mean the difference between us getting heroic Garrosh down or not.
    Except that almost every race gets that 1% bonus, it may as well be folded into the class itself and removed from the equation. It's an increase in stats, but it's not an interesting increase. It was a bit different when these % bonuses were spread amongst multiple stats like Hit/Exp; Haste and Weapon Specialization, since it actively promoted gameplay change for some races. Now it's pretty much boiled down to Haste or Crit.

In WoD, gnomes get 1% haste. As a frost mage, haste is my favored secondary stats and that is 1% less haste I have to worry about to get my casting times down to the optimal 1 second (for frost bolt). With no reforge in WoD, that means I am stuck with whatever gear I get (and since Blizzards RNG hates me, its going to be not the gear I want) so that 1% haste that I DON'T have to worry about is that much more important.
    It's still not a compelling change. It's not a stat that makes you play any differently by choice. Playing a spec should be a player-driven decision, not a stat one. Weapon Specialization was a good racial since it tied in strong themes to different races - Orcs want Axes, Humans want Swords and Dwarves want Hammers. I would find that a compelling racial influence, even if it meant losing that bonus by using a different weapon (No different than not making use of Profession racials). It motivates a playstyle intended for that race. 1% Haste overall? That adds absolutely no thematic or mechanical flavour to the class.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2014-03-01 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    imo racials should be completely cosmetic. like the nightelf, instead of 1% crit or w.e in night, make them sparkle or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    imo racials should be completely cosmetic. like the nightelf, instead of 1% crit or w.e in night, make them sparkle or something
    I think you mean Cosmetic or nothing that would cause an unbalance in terms of PVE or PVP(LEAVE THE HUMAN DIPLOMACY RACIAL ALONE!)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ah, The never ending fight between those who prefer content that "feels good and doesn't care if its practical" and those who want everything "to make sense." And neither never being able to understand the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I wish they would replace them all with 25% secondary stat racials. That way, the hardcores would have to race change several times a week, and would FINALLY be paying their fair share for all the content 99% of the players can't even get to.

- - - Updated - - -

Like you for example.
    Invest more time In the game and you can see all the cotent, or maybe be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    This is what needs to happen. I've never even been able to play my favorite races because they've never been the best. Getting everything out of my character matters to me more than cosmetics, and it's a pretty big shame I can't just play the race that I think is the coolest.
    Wouldn't work or solve the problem. I mean if human females had bigger boobs than say night elves, then most folks would start rolling human females.

I wish they would replace them all with 25% secondary stat racials. That way, the hardcores would have to race change several times a week, and would FINALLY be paying their fair share for all the content 99% of the players can't even get to.
    Which would be 1 boss and 1 phase of 2 bosses out of tons of MoP content. Sure is a ton of exclusive content all for them.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new ones for Draenei and Tauren: +x of a certain stat. I don't like these 1% crit and haste ones though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think you mean Cosmetic or nothing that would cause an unbalance in terms of PVE or PVP(LEAVE THE HUMAN DIPLOMACY RACIAL ALONE!)
    yes, thats what I meant.

I too love diplomacy on all of my humans (7 out of 11 toons are human)

leave those passives (goblin discount, human rep bonus.. add some for other races) and cosmetics, but nothing stats wise, or "gamebreaking" WoTF, EMFH "".

People would complain how their class "lost their identity", so they went the other way around and gave everyone small boring dps increases.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Like you for example.
    Lol you're such a hater. L2play and then you can access the hardest content in the game too. Maybe then, you'll stop QQing.