Did they revert the "pvp stats are off the budget" paradigm?

So I have an low geared alt that I decided to toss a PVP offhand to. Then I noticed something odd.

If I have Lei Shen's Orb of Command (502) and compare it to Grievous Gladiator's Endgame (522) and calculate the value as if I put a typical red +160 intelligence gem in the socket, those 20 ilvls only give 8 intelligence. Not a typo. "8."

When Mists came out it was a rather important change that PVP gear was equivilent to PVE gear (in PVE situations) of the same ilvl. Did this get reversed?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

PvP gear is equivalent, you're adding a gem to the 502 item and the PvP piece doesn't have a gem slot.

Overall PvP gear has quite a few less gem slots than PvE gear, stat wise it's the same, but it has less sockets.

Sure, it only gave you 8 more int, but it also gave you 606 more in secondaries. Now that is something.