Poll: Who is the most powerful Pokemon?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What is the most powerful Pokemon?

I guess this question comes down to these two Mewtwo and Arceus.

In the original movie Mewtwo was the most powerful pokemon, but Arceus is basically the god of all pokemon. But who is more powerful now?

You choose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really a choice? An experiment vs. an actual god. Wouldn't the god be more powerful?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Moved to Fun Stuff

Arceus is considered to be the 'god' of Pokemon.

He is considered the jack of all trades crap at none best at most. But i would argue mewtwo is the most powerful Physic pokemon but would it make him the most overall? He was made by humans to be the most powerful he has ability's far stronger than any normal pokemon can have. He could have more powerful physic ability or just in general a more powerful move than Arceus can have?

I guess i have a soft spot for mewtwo since the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    I guess i have a soft spot for mewtwo since the movies
    Mewtwo is a badass but I wouldn't say that a genetically modified Pokemon is the strongest amongst them all - and solely because he's a psychic type. Arceus can take on the form of all types.

Just imo.

Arceus has higher stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    marowak is my favourite, so i vote marowak =p

stat wise arceus is a little stronger then mewtwo. story wise? arceus created the sinnoh region but idk why people think hes "the god" pokemon all the stories hes in it only says he created the sinnoh and the three dragons it doesnt say anything about any other place or any other pokemon and in the mewtwo movie mewtwo was shown to do alot more then arceus could. so id say mewtwo is the strongest storywise and show wise arceus is slightly stronger gamewise
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Magikarp, duuh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres ditto? Obviously the pokemon of infinite options has to be superior

Deleted
    Dragonite
    or Mew
    OR DITTO!

Seriously Arceus can go to hell

and Mew was the original badass in the series whereass Dragonite was the master of the original games :P

arceus is the strongest of the 2

but seeing metapod kan use infinite harden... he is the strongest

10+ Year Old Account
    Mew.
    Really sought after even in Game Boy Pokémon games...

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Fully agreed!

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonite
    or Mew
    OR DITTO!

and Mew was the original badass in the series whereass Dragonite was the master of the original games :P
    I don't remember Dragonite being all that strong perse, very rare (certainly in the series) but not all that strong =p

Pikachu.

Just think about it, Ash's Pikachu has to be the most insane thing ever right now, or he's doing something wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Pikachu.

Just think about it, Ash's Pikachu has to be the most insane thing ever right now, or he's doing something wrong.
    It resets to level 5 each time he enters a new Region :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I don't remember Dragonite being all that strong perse, very rare (certainly in the series) but not all that strong =p
    Really? Heh then again I was a noob and didn't really go into stats that much as looks, Lance having 3 of them, they were pretty tough to beat :P <Unless you went rarecandy crazy> and ofcourse the Dragonite vid on Youtube (My faves were Charizard and Ditto, not Dragonite, just getting that out off the way)
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-06-25 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It resets to level 5 each time he enters a new Region :P
    Nope, that's why it's so special!

It's probably level 2147483647.
    Currently Procrastinating

Mewtwo. The 'god of pokemon' does not make Arceus any more powerful than other pokemon, just as the Old Gods in WoW are not any more powerful than we heroes/players, who have vanquished them on two occasions. Mewtwo on the other hand was genetically engineered and perfected; a 'god' pokemon is not perfect by definition, whereas I think Mewtwo probably is, despite the technicalities of the psychic typing.

Back when I played pokemon competitively (Diamond/Pearl), Mewtwo was still a staple of Legendary teams due to Intimidate/Pressure and his insane speed/offensive power, but not completely without defence (as opposed to Deoxy's offensive form which was pretty much a complete glass cannon). Things may have changed with Black/White, but i'd still take Mewtwo over Arceus, just as I did back then; not least because Arceus had to sacrifice an item slot for those plates to become anything other than a Normal type.