Deleted

Blizzard swapping items between raidmembers

Hello everyone

I had an issue with our guild where i won /roll for a headpiece in SoO. Turned out it was a bigger upgrade for another member. We only found this out after the 2 hours were over. Would blizzard be able to give this piece to the raidmember who was in the group with me?

Deleted
    They would be able to, but most likely won't, because the 2 hour window is there for a reason.
    Like Kangodo said, of course you can try and ask them nicely, but expect to get a 'No'.

Like most things in WoW, when it comes to asking GMs something, it mostly depends on the GM that you get. Even with rules there have been occasions where GMs say/do opposite things in the same situations.

That said, they will most likely not. I remember asking the same thing a couple of years ago and the GM said that sadly, (s)he can't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you have not waited "too long" (making the request a week later), they will usually help you out. The request needs to come from the person who received the loot. Provide them with as much detail as possible (date/approx time/boss it dropped from etc.) so they can confirm the other player was there when the item dropped. As long as you don't abuse these requests, they are fairly accommodating.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, they don't do such a thing.
    It's why they implemented the two hour-window.

You are always free to ask them nicely.
    Yes, they do do such a thing, don't post false information if you have no idea, They didn't implement the 2H window so they didn't have to do it any more, they made it so it's just a lot easier, for when mistakes are spotted quickly.

@OP We had the same issue in our guild last thursday, a guildie got a trinket, And it wasn't until around 4hours after the raid and testing on dummies, he figured he had better, and after asking a GM, they swapped it.

It's all situtational, and as most people know, GMs are all different, but you should be good, Good luck anyway, and next time, check quicker

Back in cataclysm they gave me back an off-hand two months later, so probably yeah.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not "misinformation", it's the official stance.
    Just like at my work I "officially" don't support or help with a lot of things; but if you ask me I will.
    Care to provide us the proof then? because if you're sure it's the official stance, surely you can link us the quote? because I have never once seen Blizz say they won't give items anymore once it's past the 2H window, So if it's true, I missed it.

I've asked for it several times, and never had a problem with handing one item to another member past the 2 hour limit. Maybe I was lucky with the GMs, but to my knowledge, the 2-hour trading/refund timer is there mostly to reduce a lot of their workload in these kinds of issues.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not "misinformation", it's the official stance.
    Just like at my work I "officially" don't support or help with a lot of things; but if you ask me I will.
    The poster you're quoting is correct. Don't post something like "No, they don't do such a thing." when that's not even close to the truth. They WILL almost always help with this situation as long as you haven't waited too long, you're polite, and you're very clear in your request.

So many times on this forum, and the official CS forum, I see posters telling other posters that Blizzard will not help them, when chances are that they will IF the person acts reasonably and presents themselves in a civilized manner.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't have to assist you on this situation, some are kind to offer.

You have been awarded the 2 hours upon looting the item, that is a gift from Blizzard, where you can sell back/trade to others.

As soon as the timer runs out, then you will have to hope for a friendly GM. But as soon as it's past the timer, they tend to be more interested in the higher ranked cases (of course).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    They might be nice enough but I doubt they'll do it if you come up with this story. It has to be an accident not carelessness and in your story there is a lot of the latter.

Also can people please stope hiding their thirst for loot behind "I never realized someone might need it more than me"? It's 2014, this kind of stuff happened in '05 and '06 when ninja looting and loot whoring were at all time highs. If you didn't care about his upgrade before you took the loot you damn sure didn't care about it after you got the loot. It smacked you in the face by accident when someone mentioned it or you tried it out on dummies and saw that it made no difference (much more likely as this happens daily).