Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    on the right server its not hard to make 100k gold a day, you don't have to even be playing WoW just have it open in a seperate screen and you can play any other game you want as it just takes 2 mins now and then to sort things out, people just watch films and such and just keep and eye out on the screen now and then.
    ^Yup.

Some people treat WoW, and other games that have an AH type system, as nothing more than an auction house simulator, all they do is buy, quick flip, keep til price goes back up to resale higher later. Maybe even farm when they're bored after checking what is currently going high.

One thing I loved using was the AH on my mobile phone, it was waaaay faster than having to go back to the AH every time. Gather, log, put up AH, log in, repeat. Buy and sell while in the game without ever having to leave any farming area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Really? I don't think so.

Here, prove me wrong. Post the amount of auctions your toon posts per year.

- - - Updated - - -

Prove it bro. Talk is cheap.
    Well i just put in 4 of my 11 toons i post the most on. i sell inscription, JC, pvp gear in all professions, pets, food, random BoE's

Total auctions seen: 36037 (since 24.1.2012)
    Total auctions seen: 179471 (since 24.1.2012)
    Total auctions seen: 308549 (since 24.1.2012)
    Total auctions seen: 608413 (since 24.1.2012)

so well over half a million auctions a year, 1500 a day, and i post between about 3 to 8 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week, with TSM and no Bot, so your theory is blown out of the water, but thanks for playing.
    Last edited by mmocf448476bd8; 2014-03-01 at 03:57 PM. Reason: clarify markets i dabble in

You post 570,000 auctions per year and you want me to believe that you are not botting?

Who is doing the farming for you to post these 570,000 auctions per year? You want me to believe that you buy all by yourself 20X570,000=1,140,0000 items per year?

Are you serious? Also, where are the screenshots/links?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    Well i just put in 4 of my 11 toons i post the most on. i sell inscription, JC, pvp gear in all professions, pets, food, random BoE's

Total auctions seen: 36037 (since 24.1.2012)
    Total auctions seen: 179471 (since 24.1.2012)
    Total auctions seen: 308549 (since 24.1.2012)
    Total auctions seen: 608413 (since 24.1.2012)

so well over half a million auctions a year, 1500 a day, and i post between about 3 to 8 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week, with TSM and no Bot, so your theory is blown out of the water, but thanks for playing.
    Just to clarify that 3-8 hours a day, that's the timeframe you post in, not length of time it takes you to post, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because people are better at things than you are doesn't mean they're cheating.

In one post you say it takes them minutes, and in the next post you say they are online for 17 hours.

Make up your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    So basically your life only consists of eat / sleep / play the AH on WoW?

Stuff from OP.
    Thing is ..... as much as i dont like bots and wishing them all to be banned .... but ....

Ifthis is what you use your ingame time on ( trying to find and track bots ) it might be time to find a game with stuff to do in that might include you know .....quests and killing mobs.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Doing auctions between 3 and 8 hours a day in no way insinuates he doesn't go to school/work, that leaves him plenty of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Doing auctions between 3 and 8 hours a day in no way insinuates he doesn't go to school/work, that leaves him plenty of time.
    Let's be real here- you don't need to be a nolife geek to play this game for 8 hours a day. You can have a job and everything but there is no way you're putting up 1500 auctions per day on average without help from addons that do most of the work for you.

I can't say it's botting because unless Blizzard doesn't ban certain addons and recognizes them as bots they will never be considered as such. We all know there are addons out there that buy things for you, search the whole auction house for you and buy/sell everything for you at a certain price you type in. It's botting but you're sitting behind the screen. Just like people heal and dps with addons that do most of the work for them and they just chill with their left hadn in their pants.

If you ask me, they should have NEVER allowed automated AH operations. It's just fucking the market for the regular players. It's a fucking fantasy world, the market should not be controlled by computers. I was on a server once where all the glyphs were 500g. Seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't usually ban people on pure suspicion. They can sweep player's files for things like bots.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    op, i don't know if the guy you are mentioning is a bot or not but i am almost sure that you have issues and need serious medical attention.

why did you chase a person for days if not weeks ? i hate stereotypes but seriously, get a life.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    1500 auctions is not a big effort with the "TSM scrollwheel - auction post macro", canceling & undercutting/ reposting that many items would take about an hour playtime roughly (if every single item gets undercut). Considering you don't have a ssd that makes reloading after clearing mailbox extremly fast.

Right now I'm managing 627 items myself every day, and I've just started using TSM about a month ago (I could do ALOT more, I'm just using 3 of my 11 toons' professions atm). Brilliant addon.

You post 570,000 auctions per year and you want me to believe that you are not botting?

Who is doing the farming for you to post these 570,000 auctions per year? You want me to believe that you buy all by yourself 20X570,000=1,140,0000 items per year?

You brag about getting someone banned, and then say you won't believe anyone who says they aren't botting but post a lot of auctions, then demand info on their toons. And then you wonder why they don't put up that information?

Some people like playing the AH. (There's even been games where playing markets have been the central part of the game). If they have an addon that helps them do that, that's not a lot different from an addon that helps people who like combat do their rotations tighter. The guy you got banned was at his keyboard, paying attention, so I wouldn't have a problem with him. If you don't like the price for mats on the AH, then farm yourself or use trade chat. Or send the seller mail with a counter-offer. I haggle (successfully) frequently when I'm buying pets or pve/transmog armor. PvP armor I either make, have a guildie make, or go to trade chat if the AH is too high. There's an AH champion on my server whose name even suggests that you haggle with him.

I don't use an AH addon, but as long as the players using them are actually paying some attention, I don't have a problem.

Deleted

Your error here is you assuming total auctions is total unique auctions, even in just ONE market, lets say glyphs, there are say 400 glyphs, you post once then cancel undercuts 2 hours later (usually all 400 as other glyph barons post same totals) then relist, then cancel once more before you go to bed, that 1200 auctions from ONe market in ONE day, taking somewhere in the region of 10 minutes maximum per relist, so 30 mins a day and 1200 auctions a day.

For clarification, i work full time and i only raid 9 hours per week, he rest of my wow time is spent playing the AH while chatting in guild or watching TV and yes thats the timeframe i post in not the total time spent.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Total auctions seen: 1221 (since 24.1.2012)

I am the best.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Common sense alone should tell you that it is extremely unlikely for a human to post 871 auctions per day, 365 days per year.

While some enjoy posting auctions of 100 e.g. netherweave cloth, they don't do it every day, 365 days per year.
    I do almost 200 glyphs a day, sometimes as many as 6-8 times a day, canceling and reposting, if I'm being lazy, maybe only two or three times a day, hardly takes any time.

Then there's the full stacks of cloth, deviate fish, water walking elixirs, archy stones, hell, whatever.

Aside from glyphs that's almost no playing of the AH, posting a thousand auctions a day is easy, especially if you throw down singles and half stacks etc.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    800 auctions a day? definitely not a bot. When i'm not working (i work during heavy AH times so i miss the big-game, but i still managed to reach 3M ^_^ ) i list 50-150 auctions every 10-15 minutes from 18:00 to 21:00 and 23:00 to 00:30...and this on a low population server, and almost only Gems and Enchants

If you really want to spot bots, just look at their online uptime. There's a guy on my server online 24/7 excluding some 5-10min pauses (probably to mail mats from other characters) so it's obviously a bot. I tried to contact him via /s and /w multiple times (also with different chars) during awkward times like 4-5a.m. and never answered, he just keep doing 3 repetitive paths from the mailbox to the auctioneers (2 paths on one, 1 path to another), never interact with other players, never change target, jump or turn even slightly. But Hey, he's raiding and buying store pet/mounts and probably every other Blizzard game (like me, Starcraft excluded), i see no way he's gonna get banned