Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    To what extent did you use genesis then? Can't think of any other way to deal with the damage spikes on the tank other than casting regrowth even without OoC. Didn't see you do that, so just wondering.

Sorry for bothering you by the way, but thanks

Sertii as a druid who also solo healed this fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpCy4ImLk0 Warrior Pov) I used clearcasts, healing touch procs from our bonus set, and nature's swiftness. Ironbark also helped when you knew the tank was going to get severe damage and the usual lifebloom rejuv upkeep. Tanks heal so much this tier you will not need to spam that many regrowthd outside procs.

We did the whirlwinds stacked up on meele range where we had a fixed rotation of CDs. My healing usually jumped to about 260-280K during the first whirlwinds. I used HotW for extra damage to push phase 3 and SotF because I hate tree form.

Deleted
    Isn't that very comp dependent though? I mean, death knights and palladins self heal for a lot indeed, but warriors less so :/.

Was HotW necessary to push the second EWC in 3? NV sounds nice to have at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sertii View Post
    To what extent did you use genesis then? Can't think of any other way to deal with the damage spikes on the tank other than casting regrowth even without OoC. Didn't see you do that, so just wondering.

Sorry for bothering you by the way, but thanks
    Genesis isn't a great spell to use this fight as it results in you having a few seconds downtime on healing while you reapply rejuv on the raid. I used it for a couple of whirling corruptions, however for EWC i tried to prejuv as many as possible and then either tree form regrowth spam or tranq. Natures vigil is superior to hotw by quite a way for healing benefits, and at this stage with 7 dps you should have no issues meeting the requirements to push 1 EWC in p3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sertii View Post
    Isn't that very comp dependent though? I mean, death knights and palladins self heal for a lot indeed, but warriors less so :/.
    Basically what Zeons said for tank healing, they don't require much. I don't think its comp dependant, dk is actually one of the weaker tanks this tier, warriors are very strong. Only one I'm unsure of is druid but I'm sure it's all doable fairly easily, as long as they have cooldowns up for empowered whirlings where it's likely you'll be out of range.

Deleted
    Ok, thank you very much both of you and congratulations on killing garrosh

Warriors and druids are capable of self healing and dealing insane amounts of damage on this fight, which would explain the need for HotW since paladins and DKs don't deal nearly as much damage. I used NV in our initial tries and I eventually replaced it since I could very well heal those whirlwinds without it and the additional 2% of dmg I did in phase 3 made it a lot safer. Note that since we were stacking on meele range the aoe damage was significantly higher.

Overall, the raid had to move as little as possible and I had to contribute in damage as much as possible to skip the second iron star, the second intermission, and the second empowered whirlwind. We ended up with a 9:30m kill which was pretty fast.