PC Crashing, Possible GPU Problem?

Hi guys!

Having lots of problems today with my PC.

On Thursday I purchased an additional coolermaster fan for my PC in preperation for my new PC Parts that I will be getting in the coming weeks.
    The case was absolutely filled with dust. Mostly all over the GPU and bottom of the motherboard (funnily enough the top of the motherboard with the CPU and CPU cooler were completely clean). I carefully cleaned away most of the dust and put it back together. I think some may have fallen into the GPU though but I can't be sure.
    I installed the new on the front of my case over the first fan that I already had installed. It worked perfectly.

Tested a few games, mainly Tomb Raider, Football Manager 2014 and Assassins Creed 3. All ran at 60fps except Tomb Raider which ran at a normal 40fps.
    What I did notice though was that my peak temps were hitting 80 degrees on all the above games (especially suprising in Football Manager).

I wasn't worried too much because it would quickly returing to its normal idle of 30 degrees when the game was shut off (would often also drop when out of the 3D match engine in Football Manager).

That was Thursday. Today the problems started.
    Football Manager 14 crashed my system twice once it hit around 63 degrees, artifacts popped all over the screen during the crash.

Tomb Raider crashed at around 55 degrees but didnt crash the system it just quit the game, again artifacts popped all over the screen as it crashed.

I ran a video memory street test and I had no errors.
    I'm thinking it's one of two things:

•Maybe the new fan is using too much power on my PSU?
    •Dust on the GPU?

MY PC Specs:
    -AMD Phenom II X4 ~3.2ghz
    -Gainward GTX 460 1GB
    -450 Watts PSU
    -8gb DDR3 Ram

Help would be greatly appreciated! PC works fine normally until it hits those temps.

TL;DR:
    Cleaned PC case of dust, installed new fan. PC games crashing at around 55-60 degrees.
    Last edited by Alan3002; 2014-03-01 at 03:52 PM.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

80c is not that critical for a GPU. An extra fan does not cause the pc to crash imo. how did you clean the system?

Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    80c is not that critical for a GPU. An extra fan does not cause the pc to crash imo. how did you clean the system?
    Just carefully used a cotton bud to lift the dust off the components.

It worked perfectly thursday and friday and only started having problems today :-/
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Sounds like your GPU is failing and it is a coincidence that it happened after you added the fan and cleaned the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by apluscarp View Post
    Sounds like your GPU is failing and it is a coincidence that it happened after you added the fan and cleaned the dust.
    Memory test reported back with no problems though :-/

Would be a huge pity if it's failing as I told my brother I would give it to him next week. Someone on CNET said my 450w PSU isn't powerful enough for the extra fan. This seems strange but I will unplug it and run some tests in a while and see how things go.

Thanks again guys.