Poll: Which would you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you rather have a GOP government for the next 20+ years or be a British colony?

Would you rather have the GOP completely control the federal (presidency, Congress and Supreme Court) and most state governments, or have America be a British colony where all laws were set by Westminster with little or no American input?
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2014-03-01 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Tell us more about what it would mean to be a British colony at this point. GOP government for 20 straight years is a one way ticket to the Dark Ages, so I'd like to explore my options.
    Good question, I just expanded the OP a little. In this scenario, all laws would be set by Westminster, with little or no input from Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Good question, I just expanded the OP a little. In this scenario, all laws would be set by Westminster, with little or no input from Americans.
    I think most of the members of this forum would be happy to have no input from Americans in their countries law.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Tell us more about what it would mean to be a British colony at this point. GOP government for 20 straight years is a one way ticket to the Dark Ages, so I'd like to explore my options.
    If you're in a tactically significant are we may remove your indigenous population, but otherwise we'll cover our sniggers if you choose to troll Spain and defend you from any Argentinian invasions. The rest is down to you so you may want to figure out some sort of self-governing system (I hear democracy is popular nowadays).

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I think most of the members of this forum would be happy to have no input from Americans in their countries law.
    Just remember that according to most Europeans you too are considered an American /wink (a person being from the Americas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Just remember that according to most Europeans you too are considered an American /wink (a person being from the Americas)
    Not really. Most people identify themselves and each other by nationality in this context and not by their continent.

Long Live the Queen!

Some of our states are decent. Some.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Complete insanity, or a (somewhat) reasonable suggestion?

Leave you to figure out which one is which.

Deleted
    Canada, Australia and New Zealand all seem to be doing better than the UK, can I move there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Some of our states are decent. Some.
    I was just pointing out the fact that this thread is way too USA-Centric,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Canada, Australia and New Zealand all seem to be doing better than the UK, can I move there?
    You best pick one, otherwise that might be painful.

You best pick one, otherwise that might be painful.
    I'd go for New Zealand or maybe Canada.

This wasn't even a hard question. I'd rather live in China then experience 20 years of GOP (unless the GOP ejected all the dumb and became a reasonable party).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above. Random hypothetical false dichotomies are ridiculous.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking classical conservatives, or current fucking insane tea party GOP?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on this totally tiny amount of responses, it would seem that non-Americans (myself included) really don't like the GoP hahaha

Must be because we're used to places like Germany where you have a mild right-wing government that doesn't spend 1 second questioning universal healthcare or sexual rights and freedoms. The list can go on indefinitely.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Are we talking classical conservatives, or current fucking insane tea party GOP?
    A mixture of both, with each faction coming to power for a few years, then losing it to the other faction; rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking Religious Right Republican Party, I'd rather just send myself to North Korea and be done with it. Same treatment. If it's Barry Goldwater 1960s Republican party (no religious nuts yet), then sure I wouldn't mind it.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    A mixture of both, with each faction coming to power for a few years, then losing it to the other faction; rinse and repeat.
    Any involvement by the tea party turns my vote to absolutely not.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I don't think the tea party is capable of governing for 20 years.