Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm supposed to have little to no chance? I'm supposed to constantly lose over and over, having nothing at all to put up against most people? How can you consider that to be fun?

In an FPS game I can start fresh and still play very well and offer great resistance to long-time players. Heck, in an RTS game I atleast get seeded against people of my caliber, so when I play Starcraft 2 I don't get to face people playing at MLG level.

What homework? What am I meant to learn? Instead of telling me to be quiet and just learn, try to tell me WHAT to learn. Because unless you can actually tell me that, you're as full of it as you're saying that I am. For the record, I'm playing a resto shaman. What could I ever possible learn, that will prevent all this CC from happening to me? Please, enlighten me, instead of calling me ignorant. BEcause unless you can tell me, you're just as ignorant as you call me.
    First off, stop comparing it to the lolfps games you play, that comparison doesnt work. Yes, the PvP game kinda sucks right now if you arent geared, but do as others have done. Buy the blue set off AH, go into bgs and play smart. Sitting here crying like a girl isnt going to help you get any better any quicker. Sorry if that sounds harsh but thats the truth. You just gotta grunt through those first couple games until you get a couple pieces of gear. I've geared arms warrior/destro lock/Holy paladin and a Disc priest, starting with basic blue gear. Stop complaining, grunt it out and stick to it, end of story.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Maybe link armory so we can see if you're doing something wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    @Op
    Its not the ammount of cc, if the game had every class 1 cc and you had your 1cc break you still would go down with 3people on your ass...
    The problem is you fighting 1vs2+ and nothing else. There can be no way to balance this in your favour.

Keep max range and use high ground when you can but don't expect to survive 1v2+ for long with no gear

Gear is an absolutely HUGE obstacle now, more than ever before. You are next to useless until you have current gear. I'm not exaggerating; when I fight someone in tyrannical gear it's like they're not even level 90.

So not only do I stand no chance against the CC, but I'm always gonna be everyone's focus becuase of my class choice? Absolutely wonderful... Thanks Blizz.
    Are you implying healers should just get to free cast? How is it blizzards fault you chose to be a healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Can't help but notice you didn't answer my question.

I asked why I should bother gearing/gemming/enchanting before I do random BGs, when I can do random BGs with no gear/gems/enchants and get the same amount of honor just as fast. And you didn't give me an answer. Random BGs aren't fun. On characters where I have full gear they still aren't fun. There's literally nothing fun about playing an incredibly boring BG with random people that have no idea what they're doing. If I'm not gonna have fun anyway, what's the sense in sinking thousands of gold into it first?

And as for the next expansion, you're quite wrong. The season starts 1-2 weeks after the expansion comes out, which gives you time to get full honor gear. Getting the (incredibly overpriced beginning of expansion) crafted gear is not worth it at all, even less worth it actually because it'll probably be 1000g+ per piece, compared to AFKing BGs for free and getting better gear anyway.

Currently the fastest way to get honor is in random heroics, which is easy enough, but with the start of the expansion that won't be the same, so it just increases the likelihood of AFKing through BGs.
    Right now, I would highly recommend a fresh 90 just go to Timeless Isle and grab as much crap as possible since it will be much better than sitting at 300k in questing greens. You still won't be able to damage anyone, but you should be able to live a good deal longer from the extra health(everyone has the same resilience, trinket bonus notwithstanding, after all). Toss out as much CC as possible!

And when the start of the next expansion hits, the difference between the haves and have nots will be extremely small. You should be able to contribute somewhat meaningfully in random BGs then, even in questing gear.

(for the record, I don't get annoyed at someone if they don't gem/enchant stuff that's worse than the current honor gear)

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people in random bg's are too stupid to do CC chains, so how is that happening? Unless you're charging into a group of 10 people, it shouldn't be like that.

I'm a player that loves FPS games, where I can always perform in some way, which I'm often very good at, easily a top 10 player most games, even top 5. When I get into PvP, I see nothing but a huge wall of pain coming at me that I can do absolutely nothing against.
    This is your problem. WoW is supposed to NOT be like an FPS that you can just pick up and go. There is multitudes more skill and strategy involved besides the twitch gameplay that FPS's give. This is the exact reason why I like wows pvp, it is complex and in-depth and fluid.

Like people have said, do your homework. By that I mean, understand other classes and their basic strategy against you and what your basic strategy should be against them. In bgs that is sufficient. You play rsham; Ive never played one but I have played 3 other healers and you need to learn to kite and stopcast. Rshams have great caster lockdown through shocks and grounding. Melee can give you issues but learn how to use your earthbind totem properly (for example, after a DK deathgrips since they have no rootbreaks).

Gear is huge too, but not everything. My hpally is 504 ilvl current getting geared up and I am pretty much unkillable with less than 3 dps on me. Knowing how to balance cds and shut down enemy burst attempts is what its all about for healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

try and queue bgs with some friends. Randoms won't peel for you and you end up with these 1v5 situations you are describing

In an FPS game I can start fresh and still play very well and offer great resistance to long-time players. Heck, in an RTS game I atleast get seeded against people of my caliber, so when I play Starcraft 2 I don't get to face people playing at MLG level.

But WoW is not a FPS...

Also just because you are good at FPS doesnt mean that you are as good in MMOs...obviously if you don't have much recent experience you can't expect to perform any good.

I can't just log on call of duty and be good right away. I dont know the maps ( you don't know your enemies'abilities), I will probably get come out with a 3-20 record.

You're not new to the forums, did you not notice all the stickied guides? This should be a good start.

Deleted
    Video game does not mean that player should be bad at beginning.

You're playing a facet of a game you don't normally play.. You expect to be as good as everyone else.
    Sounds like the problem is you, terrible self entitled player.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm supposed to have little to no chance? I'm supposed to constantly lose over and over, having nothing at all to put up against most people? How can you consider that to be fun?

LOL, if you even had an inkling about how to play CoD you would realise new players are terrible compared to half decent players.
    If you don't play for a month you lose part of your shot, which then takes time to get back.
    If it's a new game, you will not know anything to do with maps spawns, how to anchor the other teams spawns among MANY, MANY things.

Deleted
    Don't listen to all the virgins in here OP, the ONLY thing they're good at is games and putting others down.

And I agree, I play RBGs at 2k+ and wow pvp is really shitty these days, especially for new players, there is no reward or fun in pvp for new players at all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Guildmaster who is a seasoned PVPer dislike PVP with a passion now.. They used to enjoy PVP but with the way that it is now they rarely do PVP now.. As all it is mostly a CC fest now back in Vanilla and TBC you could actually do something now it is a joke what with all the CC..

You should start off by getting some gear or even full gear outside of BGs, farming grievous is 2-3 times faster by just doing 5man heroics than doing random BGs (assuming 50/50 win loss ratio).
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    I haven't PvP'd in years and I thought I'd gather some honor points, to try it out again.
    So I throw myself into WSG as a healer and this is my impression of what PvP is like.

Silence, fear, stun, silence, stun, fear, dead.
    Fear, stun, silence, stun, interrupt, silence, dead.

And so on and so forth.
    How could I ever possible mitigate that? How could I as someone going into PvP for the first time ever enjoy something like this?

For a company that loves to make the game more accessible and easy to get into, PvP is a massive pain to perform even at a mediocre level in.

I'm a player that loves FPS games, where I can always perform in some way, which I'm often very good at, easily a top 10 player most games, even top 5. When I get into PvP, I see nothing but a huge wall of pain coming at me that I can do absolutely nothing against.
    Get better gear, know how to use your abilities, this isn't pve. Instead of crying here go learn how to pvp. Watch some resto shamy pvp vids on youtube.

PvP skill over PvE, everyone should know this by now

To help you gear up quicker you can also go to the Isle of Thunder and do the PvP dailies. You'll get a little over 500 honor per day out there. Not a lot but they literally take me about 10-15 minutes tops (from the moment I hit the island until I port out). This adds up to quite a few items over the course of a few weeks or a month. You also get Black Prince rep from the kills while doing these dailies.

I tend to hit these dailies up whenever I get bored of BG's or need something else to do.

Deleted
    It's only going to get worse this season from the stat inflation, imagine a Warrior with even more crit than they already have. LOLGLOBALED.

In randoms though, if you are the only healer you will have a tough time at any gear level, if you had a 2nd or 3rd healer then you will be close to indestructible.

A lot of people here like to talk big, it's half learning to play but also half rolling the FOTM class, like it's always been : /
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-03-02 at 02:24 PM.

Note: Thought the OP was a shaman but maybe I misread. Left the post though.

I'm gonna disagree. Get full honor gear and as a shaman you'll do fine. You'll eat a lot of CC but they heal just fine in random BG's and they have plenty of survivability. No comment on the recent patch as I'm not subbed at the moment.

Note, I'm not saying it is fun, especially if you go up against a coordinated group, at which point it will absolutely suck but I never felt gimped on my shaman while healing in randoms. What I did feel, and still do feel, is that there is so much CC in the game that it's just not fun. Lets take away mace stun, because it's not fun, and give rogues an auto stun, brilliant.

I did a video of all the CC, etc., I was hit with in a random EoTS over 14:00. It was a partial premade and better than average players, and I didn't play perfectly, but it's a lot of CC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZFwXCW7BeM