Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I thought Islam was a religion of peace.
    It is, among those who aren't fucking insane.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I thought Islam was a religion of peace.
    All religions are religions of peace, with certain exceptions. The one common problem with all religions is that they're practised by people, and people are rarely ever as set on peace as they claim to be, especially in the shithole countries of the world. Religions exist for hundreds of years and change dramatically, so if a person wants to be violent then they can just cherrypick stuff from 100AD that was acceptable back then and put it in to practise today.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2014-03-02 at 01:35 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The ignorance of this statement is astounding.

- - - Updated - - -

For the sake of brevity, Afghanistan is actually quite wealthy in precious metals and gems, especially in the northern mountains. (Not economically viable to extract them currently, but they are there.)
    You are correct, just wanted to point out the stupidity of the post I was referencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    What? Nigeria has a LOT of oil. The Nigerian delta has a ton of oil. 19% of our imports of oil are from Nigeria.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a religion of peace.

Comes in peace, leaves people in pieces

Is it really that difficult for some people to just live their own life? I mean they've got food, water and shelter, what else do they need?

Do some people just not have anything better to do with their time? Can't they just go for a walk and discuss the infinite wonders of life and the universe?

I'm certainly no expert on any religion, but at the very core of it all, isn't all of religion's main philosophy to just "be nice to each other"? Where do these people find the time to read between the lines? I'm pretty sure most of it is right there in black and white.

What's is with people just wanting the U.S. to do something. You know I have to pay for that right?

Blademaster Meridian Meriweather's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me, this article is hateful and biased and not at all friendly towards Diversity. Muslims are as peaceful as Russians are anti-militaristic, they wouldn't harm so much as the fly on a hair. And besides, who are you to say how a religion should treat its infidels? Tolerance is universal; all behaviours in the name of any given Ideal must be protected (except those based in Western ideology, those are obviously evil with a capital Satan). This is clearly deceitful and hateful neo-conservative propaganda.

I think the US should not work to stop the creation of an Islamic Caliphate. What we should do is let them create it, and then invade and subjugate them to our will.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I think the US should not work to stop the creation of an Islamic Caliphate. What we should do is let them create it, and then invade and subjugate them to our will.
    Didn't someone try something like that with The Crusades, and end up failing miserably?

Ban assault muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Didn't someone try something like that with The Crusades, and end up failing miserably?
    The crusades were actually in response to invasion of Christian Lands by Muslim Hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    The crusades were actually in response to invasion of Christian Lands by Muslim Hordes.
    This isn't exactly true. There were several reasons for the crusades. Aggression by Muslims against Christians in Asia minor were largely exaggerated by Constantinople in order to persuade the Pope to send troops (not saying there wasn't any). It is likely that Constantinople main motivation was to claim territory in Asia minor, as evidenced by the fact that all crusaders were made swear an oath to turn over any conquered land to Constantinople.

The primary reason for Pope Urban calling the crusade was to try and heal the great schism and unite the Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches. As for the reasons of the crusaders themselves, they were generally in the hope of claiming land for a better existence in this life and favour with god for a better next life. The Muslims weren't the bad guys here.

Not like this particular group in Nigeria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.