5.4.7 Mind Spike build?

Just curious if anyone has tried the Mind Spike build over Insanity? I've been wanting to try taking Mind Spike glyph + FDCL and see how it does but not sure if i'm the right candidate, so any try it or is it still pretty much horrid?

PS: Mostly in PvP
    Last edited by rckstdy; 2014-02-25 at 11:55 AM.

in a fight with heavy movement it is actually better than insanity, so you have to able to cast your mf:i, otherwise use FDCL. e.g. i use FDCL on malkorok heroic because you have to move a lot of times and there is this little add that needs to be damaged.

Most people switched to FDCL last season purely for the extra mobility you get from not being stationary during bursting.

think switch Rshaman > he goes to LOS( from darkness comes light your still moving chasing and firing procs) Insanity you continue to channel through the pillar but cannot refresh, you're now away from the shaman.

nobody glyphs MS though MS > MS > MB rotation just isnt used, the priority is to keep dots up for the procs for MS instant casts.

the build works around instant MS and MB with 3 orb DP for burst.

I thought the MS glyph specified that it only reduces the MB cast time on non-instant cast mind spikes (which is how FDCL works.)

Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    I thought the MS glyph specified that it only reduces the MB cast time on non-instant cast mind spikes (which is how FDCL works.)
    This is correct. Glyph of Mind Spike was nerfed and doesn't work with FDCL procs.

Deleted
    Glyph is still useful for fights like Garrosh where you have to dmg the mind controlled players and shouldn't dot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Glyph is still useful for fights like Garrosh where you have to dmg the mind controlled players and shouldn't dot them.
    MC'd players are alive for so little time, it's not worth giving up the glyph spot for a handful of casts. The nerf made the glyph useless imo. Other majors are much more beneficial (MF, VE, and IS). I would not trade any of those for MS on Garrosh.

FDCL was a lot of fun with the glyph before the nerf. It's too bad pvp got in the way of a good thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    MC'd players are alive for so little time, it's not worth giving up the glyph spot for a handful of casts.
    That applies only for douchebag "let the other guys hit the MC'd". You should glyph mind spike for Garrosh of all encounters. Also, glyphed VE is not so a great choice for Garrosh, unglyphed VE is more useful during transition phases

I forgot it only works for non-instant, hm bummer, so what build are you guys currently running in S14?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    That applies only for douchebag "let the other guys hit the MC'd". You should glyph mind spike for Garrosh of all encounters.
    I only use Mindsear on the mindcontrolled and I always have. 10man or 25man, it doesn't really matter. Switching to singletarget isn't really useful as most of the others also do equal damage to both (or all 5) targets. The Overall-Damage is 90% Spellpower/sec (well just 60% on the mindcontrolled, but the reaction is faster which negates that), while Mindspike does 86,7% Spellpower/sec on one target. Isn't really worth it, especially in 25man. fyi I played both of them and progressed in 10man and it has never been a problem.

Also, glyphed VE is not so a great choice for Garrosh, unglyphed VE is more useful during transition phases
    It depends on the setup and raidsize. Glyphed VE gives you 33% more Overall Healing. When you are playing with one heal in 10man the glyphed version is also better.
    Last edited by mmocb12ee988c8; 2014-02-25 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margash View Post
    It depends on the setup and raidsize. Glyphed VE gives you 33% more Overall Healing.
    Theoretically, yes. In practice, if you run with enough healers (i.e. 2 in 10 man), what you get is 33% overhealing for 10 seconds, then nothing.

I think you guys are missing the entire point of the thread, He's asking about pvp, not pve.

For myself I'm switching depending on the comp i'm facing. If its heavy melee and ill be locked down, I wont get to use Insanity at all, So I may as well go FDCL. Otherwise the burst from insanity is just too much to give up normally.

That applies only for douchebag "let the other guys hit the MC'd". You should glyph mind spike for Garrosh of all encounters. Also, glyphed VE is not so a great choice for Garrosh, unglyphed VE is more useful during transition phases
    I just don't agree with this. You barely get enough time to get a cast of Mind Spike off before MCs are broken. I find it's just more productive to Mind Sear for some extra ToF uptime, which is increasing Garrosh damage, which is the only thing that really matters.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Almost every high rated spriest in pvp is FDCL. All you need to do is vamp touch every target in sight with 3 orbs, then blow all of your cds in to one target with machine gun mind spikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with insanity is that it's really easy to be stopped. The only guy who has managed to make it work is Dibz playing with Hansol as fire godcomp where everything depends on DF.

Collapse for MCs, cleave instantly breaks them all, back to range again.