Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Need Help! 566 Disc Stuck on Norm Garrosh - Have Logs

I am a decently geared 566 Disc Priest whose raiding guild has been stuck on Garrosh for a few weeks

I am stumped as to why my heal throughput is so low, at best I am hitting 130k + but I should be doing so much more

I do heavy atonement healing, focusing on Crit, using Penance when needed and SS during heavy damage periods

I've never had any trouble healing any content until now and all fingers are pointing at me as the cause for our wipes.

We are due to attempt again tonight and really appreciate any positive feedback and suggestions

Thankyou

*Apparently Im not allowed to post links to anything yet as I am new member)

Quote Originally Posted by YashaK View Post
    I am a decently geared 566 Disc Priest whose raiding guild has been stuck on Garrosh for a few weeks

I am stumped as to why my heal throughput is so low, at best I am hitting 130k + but I should be doing so much more

I do heavy atonement healing, focusing on Crit, using Penance when needed and SS during heavy damage periods

I've never had any trouble healing any content until now and all fingers are pointing at me as the cause for our wipes.

We are due to attempt again tonight and really appreciate any positive feedback and suggestions

Thankyou

*Apparently Im not allowed to post links to anything yet as I am new member)
    So all fingers are pointing to you in what way? If people aren't respecting the mechanics then you can't heal through stupidity.

Mechanics are fine but I have been told that my heals (off recount) should be so much higher than the other healer
    In no uncertain terms I should be smashing the heals being Disc but sometimes I am out healed

This is my Armory - sorry I cant post a link my name is Tixylixz

- - - Updated - - -

The first part of the encounter is fine, heals are steady its when we are getting the empowered whirling corruptions I am feeling that my heals are only mitigating not healing enough to keep everyone up

Just post the URL. We can copy-paste into the browser. Same for logs.

As for gear, there's a lovely spreadsheet provided on howtopriest - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eVZxTFE#gid=0. You'll need to make your own copy to edit, but you put in your info and it'll tell you how much mastery and crit you should reforge/gem.

Edit: I'm not sure if Recount still requires an additional addon to show absorbs. If it does, then your raid leader probably isn't counting about half your healing...

Hes saying that absorbs are counted with heals, but I see a different amount when I scroll through

ie 105k heals 80k absorbs if they are counted together then thats pretty good

PS it still wont let me post links

Recount doesn't play well with absorbs(200k total absorb as blood dk on siegecrafter, thats less than a single DS while a boss is hitting me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Also I have seen other Disc Healers that are only about 10 ilevels above me hit 300k heals, surely 10 ilevels wouldnt make that much of a difference?

You can't look at the overall number of heals and say that someone's underperforming as a healer on a spikey fight like Garrosh. I found your toon and your logs :P If you look at the graph on this fight, for example, you'll see that you're spiking up to 225k and down to 17k hps and the druid is going from 283k to 34k. The reason you're dying is because of lack of healing cooldowns on Whirling Corruption. You should be using a damage reduction or healing cooldown for all of those.

People are also killing the adds from Empowered Whirling Corruption too close to each other. They buff and heal each other when they die if they are within a certain radius - I think it's 5 or 10 yards: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...ses&boss=71865.

Another thing is, people are being slow getting out of the Desecrates: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...=11211&e=11728 That's over 6M unnecessary damage in a single fight.

Now for your character! Only one profession YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!

With your current stats, if you reforge/regem so that you have 9898 Crit rating and 11197 Mastery, you'll be much more effective overall.

Bindings of Immersius doesn't proc for Disc: There's a lovely article on trinkets for Disc here.

I see no flask or food usage at all in your logs :<

Edit: No set bonus? Are you just terribly unlucky or are you deliberately passing on set pieces? The disc T16 set bonuses are AMAZING. If all you can get is lfr pieces, equip them anyway.

P.P.S. 13% uptime on Archangel running mostly Atonement :< I have 44% on the last normal kill I did and I tend to save it for high throughput for SS and Whirling Corruption rather than on cooldown.
    Last edited by Ilyanda; 2014-03-02 at 12:23 AM.

Professions, meh

I use Warm Sun and we have Noodle Cart so I get double buff being a Pandaren

Empowered Whirling, we use range /8 and try and keep that distance

Regarding the Trinket, I had an idea that it does not proc alongside the Prismatic Prison of Pride but the stat boost is nice. The only other trinkets I have are Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance (Thunderforged) or Nagzrim's Burnished Insignia (but I have found that Multistrike procs about 2% which isnt good enough for me)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in game atm

My current stats are

Intel -25940
    Crit - 13609
    Mastery - 10003
    Spirit - 12134 (Combat)

When using SS on Empowered Whirling Corruptions the bubble is gone instantly! So I am at a loss as to what else I can throw down except for Pray of Healing or Singular Shields

I don't play Priest, so I don't have much to say to help.
    However I am pretty certain Recount doesn't count shields and absorbs, without downloading an additional addon for it.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Use The Nazgrim Trinket.

Buffs: I was looking in the wrong place. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...wig/details/0/ shows spirit flask (27.4% uptime) and food (60.8%).

Get another profession. 320 int may seem worthless but the effort you don't put in probably goes a long way to counting against you in your raid leader's eyes.

You didn't answer about the lack of set bonuses?

Edit: I know what your stats are. I dug up your toon on armoury. I'm telling you what they should be :P

Also thanks Uwibami <3

Tier - I have normal Chest and Flexi Legs, am attempting a Flexi Garrosh kill now and have these equipped and the Nazgrim Trinket and will let you know how I go

I never through they would be that good considering I only ever use POH with SS and POM always up

Crit has dropped to 30.96% but mastery is 46.09% buffed

here a link to last kill that was logged http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8366&e=8776

thats pretty much what it should look like on normal there is only around 300k hps worth on healing in total throughout the fight, only part where someone can die is being bad. During empowered whirling as long as they move far from boss they won't really even need one heal unless they are bad.

im 570 ilvl with pure crit focus heres my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Kahel/simple

the main thing i do is mainly focus on dps, the more dps the more healing you do, and as long as you time spirit shells at the right times rest of the time is spent with L90 talents and fishing up LMG procs with shields and if really needed you can spam PoH or binding heals if really needed.

also as disc you want to reforge as much crit as you can and where you cant get crit go for mastery, i run with 7.1k spi and have no problems on all heroic fights, i would drop at least 3-4k more spi in favour of throughput stats.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-03-02 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks for the link its good to be able to compare

What do you prefer as a Spirit regen, the fiend or PW:S
    And is Smite enough as DPS in atonement?

I have taken almost all of my spirit off my items where I can

My last logs for Garrosh normal if you want to have a poke through. I won't claim that my logs are right in any way though :P I'm terribly lazy on normal and tend to brainafksmite my way through. I didn't even cast PoM once and quite frankly the only reason I used spirit shell at all is because I was told to organise raid cooldowns for Whirling Corruption.

And my armoury link as well if you feel the need to poke holes in my gear xD

- - - Updated - - -

Power Word: Solace is higher regen. Iirc: Shadowfiend is 9% ish per minute mana return, Mind Bender is 14% ish per minute and Solace is 6% per minute but you can use Shadowfiend with it as well so it comes to 15%.

I run as low spirit as possible. I feel like I'm wasting stats if I end a fight on more than 10% mana or without a healing cooldown used.

OK i have switched around my gear and reforged can you recheck my armory please

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ixylixz/simple

Push another 200 crit into mastery if you can and you're golden :P Also gem your helm and enchant your boots!

Quote Originally Posted by YashaK View Post
    OK i have switched around my gear and reforged can you recheck my armory please

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ixylixz/simple
    all you need to do now is try to pick up as much crit mastery items you can avoid spirit everywhere you can as currently your gear isnt greatly optimised for disc but it should be more than sufficient, prime focus is on crit as mastery should come plenty with properly optimised gear, im sitting at 40% crit self buffed.

gem wise:

yellow = crit
    red = int/crit
    blue/green = spi/crit

only go for socket bonus if its 180 int otherwise gem as yellow.

also switch to dps cloak as healing one for disc will barely even be worth 5% healing, dps cloak also helps with ToT uptime. Remove power word:shield glyth as it reduces the absorb by 20%(switch this to binding heal glyth), i prefer mindbender for extra damage but solace if fine if you really need extra regen. Halo for spread and Divine star for stacked fights and looks like your on your way.

Also if you can grab another profession, i would suggest blacksmithing for the extra 2 gem slots if you either want to farm to lvl or have plenty gold to power it.

use int proc on cloak from tailoring if not already and as soon as you get lucky grab the trinket from siegecrafter.

hope this helps also.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-03-02 at 01:19 AM.

P.S. You need to start pushing out Spirit Shell as soon as MCs are down for Whirling. You need to have SS up as much as possible before it starts so that you can actively heal while it's up. The second Whirling Corruption in each phase gives the most time between MC and Whirling, so that's the best time to use it. Use barrier on the second Iron Star and for the third Whirling before the Empower as well.

Don't be afraid to abuse your Elemental Shaman's AG as well, it's a really powerful healing cooldown and only has a 2 minute cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Kenn, I'm going to argue with you on Lightweave. The int proc is nice when it's up when you need it, but throughput procs are extremely unreliable for healers. The spirit from Darkglow is never wasted and allows you to gear a lot more solid throughput.

Cloak:
    There's this comical thread on MMOC sayig how much the legendary cloak sucks... that thread makes me laugh so hard.

Basically its unfounded QQ.

1. Dont forget Disc has the HIGHEST RPPM on the cloak.
    2. There's a 5% healing bonus when it procs, IN ADDITION to the overheal protection.
    3. The added DPS the cloak provides a healer isnt going to be enough to make that much of a difference on most fights....

Refusing to wear the cloak is a bit crazy IMO--- and is just doomsaying and foolish play.
    Source

Thanks for all the help I have regemmed and reforged as best I can but I cant afford the DPS cape as yet ( I have the 600 ilevel one Jadefire but no gold as yet to upgrade) Stats are 36.61% Crit and 50.01% Mastery

Testing it all out on Flexi im a bit nervous about OOMing but lets see how I go

- - - Updated - - -

Ok IM stoked first pull of Trash Flexi 4 I did 166k heals and 93K DPS