Poll: ?

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So what you are saying is that politicians are above the law? They would never be jailed in the USA, no matter what laws they break?
    That is not a country I would like to live in.
    Joe the Plumber could riot in a cathedral and he would be untouchable? Again not a country I would like to live in.
    You also deny the existence of the YDA, the TARs and the YRNF?
    And you have a very wrong view of the media in the US.
    Talking about America not having strict laws when you live in the fricking Netherlands.... also no obama can't appoint his pals to the head of major news organizations, if i remember correctly they don't change their leadership all that often. YDA = Young Democrats Association, TARs = I've got no idea typing it into Google got me Tennessee association or Realtors or Rescue Squads, and YRNF = Young Republican National Federation, none of these are in any way equivalent to the Crimean Coassacks, A russian nationalist group that trains kids in discipline and weapons training
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Iraq
    UN Resolutions, that Russia voted for, including the occupation, which Russia also voted for.
    Gz, you made all these places even worse, mission accomplished. May be thats why Russia stopped you in Syria?

It certainly doesn't look like you're learning from your mistakes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Russia wanna act big and tough? Put them in their place, slap them silly.
    We're very, very lucky that smarter people than you make such decisions.

Edit: On topic- How should we act on Russia's invasion of Ukraine? "We" should act the way "we" acted on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict- "we" should mind our own business.
    Last edited by mmoc14572082b5; 2014-03-03 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the EU and I'm fucking sick of the Western world meddling in businesses that's not their own. Just leave them be. Russians are a bunch of stubborn mules, and interfering with their business and trying to push them back by using diplomacy will make them even more angrier.

A civil war is brewing, methinks.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Yes, it did.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...esolution_1441

Being as the US/Iraq never signed a peace treaty, a materiel breach of the ceasefire means the ceasefire is over. And to back that up, it cited Resolution 687, from 1991.

The US tried to get a seperate resolution. Then when it became clear we weren't going to get it, we decided this one was sufficient. It may not have been the law's intent, but to the letter of the law, it was enough.

By the way, the UK/France did the same thing in 2011 with the Libya campaign. No new resolution? No problem! That still makes it legal, under the prior resolution, to the letter of the law.
    It still does not change the fact that a new war, or the continuation of the first war was not approved.
    For all what happened is, that a loophole was used.
    I am tempted to say, that this is an old practice, the US and some others love to use for a long time. The fact when Germany finally received a peace treaty shows this mechanism pretty good. Might not be so known to people that live in parts of the planet where war barely or rather never raged. But Germany was for the longest time after WW2 officially occupied by the Allied Nations, and there was only a cease fire situation. When was Germany finally released from the status of occupation?
    September 12, 1990.

Another thing, bugging me here in the thread...
    People throwing the term Nazi around as if there's no tomorrow.
    I truly believe that there's a confusion going on between terms. Most of the time the tern Nazi is used, when in fact the correct term would be Fascist.
    The difference? The difference is rather small, but very significant. Whereas for the most part identical ideologies, a Nazi varies on one aspect extremely.
    Hitler's Nazis believed in the superiority of the Aryan race. Being white of color doesn't make one a member of the master race. For that, there needs to be a rather flawless pure-bred German heritage and background.
    It's very safe to say, that the majority of the Neo-Nazis aren't anywhere near the Nazi doctrines. They would not pass the filter standards of the Nazis at all.
    They are fascists, and assholes with less than 2 cents worth of brain at their disposal.
    This is not to defend the Nazis at all. It's just to put it into perspective. Wearing Nazi symbols doesn't make one a Nazi. It makes one just an incredibly stupid and dangerous idiot fascist.
    I hate both equally, Nazis and Fascists.

As for those who are calling for military actions.. Which, as the thread shows, are for the most part Americans.
    I'd like to give some food for thoughts.....
    It's a rather "normal" angle of approach for people, who have zero grasp on what WAR actually means. Despite of the fact, that the country was/is involved in military conflicts throughout it's entire existence, with no more than 25 years of real peace in between, one thing Americans cannot grasp, and that's the reality of War. Yes, millions of Americans served in the military over the time, and have some idea about war. But other than on 2 occasions, which both are way far in the past already, they've never had to experience the destructive nature of War. For most Americans it's but a term of something surreal, they cannot develop any rational relation to. The wars always raging thousands of miles away from them. They never had to experience it in their own streets.
    9/11 or even less Pearl Harbor, both are hardly examples of what war means. Both were just super small incidents. Small enough that they are "business as usual" in other regions, that experienced real war.
    That's the reason why most nations are extremely hesitant with war actions. They know the hardships that come along with war. The uncertainty when and if a bomb blasts your home to rubble. Going to work, never knowing whether you make it there in one piece, and not knowing whether everyone is still alive at home, when you get off work.
    Now I said, millions of Americans served in the military, and many of them experienced war. They know what it means, to some extend.
    They've however always experienced it from the offensive side. They were the ones feared by the natives. They too never had to put themselves into these people's shoes. And yet still... Countless(?) of those soldiers came back home to their protected, unharmed, far from danger and safe homes one day, and they were/are scarred for the rest of their lives. The gruesome reality of war hunts them in their sleep.
    Might ask some of those men and women, maybe they can tell you more about demanding military actions...
    This country is way too trigger happy, way too happy to go to war, at any opportunity that presents itself.
    Europe doesn't want war. Europe was ridden by wars, times and again. Europeans know what war actually means. There's barely any European that hasn't lost a civilian family member to war. Barely a country that hadn't rebuild towns or entire cities. We are tired of losing families, tired of rebuilding.
    Even the Kosovo Conflict would have been handled differently, if it was for the Europeans alone. Yugoslavia was too close to comfort, too close to our doorsteps. There too, it's been the USA forcing the military actions and interferences.
    It's time to stay the fuck out of other people's business.

Was that an appeal to emotion? Probably..... But war has everything to do with emotions. War is fueled by emotion.
    And to point out the emotions of those affected by war is therefore valid.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    The first girl I kissed was from the Ukraine, she was so cute! And she showed me pictures of her sisters and friends back home... wow.

Deleted
    I really wish a war to happen.
    My life is so boring,wish i could do something intresting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimakos View Post
    You think dying is interesting?

Robbel is already dropping like a rock. Russian markets got hammered with a 10% drop. They are about to get slapped with heavy sanctions. G8 is DEAD. That means fuck you Russia bombs over Damascus very soon. Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet Union well he gets to deal with all the other fun stuff.

I Hope the Crimea was that important because he just set Russia back 20+ years economically. Bond percents for the US are also dropping like a rock as investors are fleeing Russia and investing in the dollar as a safe haven.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    You think dying is interesting?
    Are you sure that i will die?
    Whatever,still i will fail as a hero.It's still 10 times better than wasting your life in front of the computer and watching life passing by.

Go pick a fight at a bar.

Deleted
    Whatever,still i will fail as a hero.It's still 10 times better than wasting your life in front of the computer and watching life passing by.
    Dying or fighting in a pointless war in this day and age does not make you a hero. It makes you a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get lucky, you'll get captured/arrested, then you'll be tortured until you will start admitting things you never even knew of in the first place.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Dying or fighting in a pointless war in this day and age does not make you a hero. It makes you a fool.
    He did say he'd fail as a hero.

Deleted
    Say that again when your national enemies assault your home and try to murder and rape your family members.
    Bye coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I'm from the EU and I'm fucking sick of the Western world meddling in businesses that's not their own. Just leave them be. Russians are a bunch of stubborn mules, and interfering with their business and trying to push them back by using diplomacy will make them even more angrier.

A civil war is brewing, methinks.
    Now....let me see...where have I seen this before.....hmmm...Putin is there for "the protection of ethnic Russians"...hmmm...and wants to conquer a small bit of land, preferably without a full blown war to "ensure" that....where oh where have I seen this before and how does it end...OH...thats right! It was a small little thing you might have heard of...WW2, and as *I* recall, you needed the western world you are so sick of to come save your worthless asses. Dont come crying to us when Putin decides to annex Poland, or Denmark or whatever head up your ass country you live in. Its totally amazing how people refuse to learn from history..it really is

Deleted
    Say that again when your national enemies assault your home and try to murder and rape your family members.
    Bye coward.
    You are a fantasist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Now....let me see...where have I seen this before.....hmmm...Putin is there for "the protection of ethnic Russians"...hmmm...and wants to conquer a small bit of land, preferably without a full blown war to "ensure" that....where oh where have I seen this before and how does it end...OH...thats right! It was a small little thing you might have heard of...WW2, and as *I* recall, you needed the western world you are so sick of to come save your worthless asses. Dont come crying to us when Putin decides to annex Poland, or Denmark or whatever head up your ass country you live in. Its totally amazing how people refuse to learn from history..it really is
    It sounds more like the Invasion of Panama to me. Operation Just Cause is a better comparison than ww2.

Deleted
    Whatever,still i will fail as a hero.
    No, but you just failed like a fool.

doing nothing only emboldens putin to push harder

he has his eyes set on canadian territory in the arctic so they can drill for oil
    you think this makes him more arrogant or less?

they want that region of the ukraine because of its resources
    not out of the "goodness of their heart"

You are a fantasist.

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds more like the Invasion of Panama to me. Operation Just Cause is a better comparison than ww2.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_...Czechoslovakia

Replace "Nazi Germany" with "Fascist Russia" and I dont really see a difference
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2014-03-03 at 03:05 PM.