1. #1

    Realistically what abilities do you think will be cut from Ferals for WOD?

    I know its kind of pointless to guess at this point but out of curiosity im interested in others opinions on this. From Feral, im Thinking they might start with Either Shred or mangle, cant see both staying, id also guess Faerie Fire would be cut, as-well as Miam. And as for the CC side of things for feral, i cant see us keeping Hibernate, Roots and Cyclone. In fact id say hibernate might get cut altogether from the druid class while im not sure feral will retain both cyclone and roots.

    What are you lads thinking?

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,903
    Does it really matter? The skills that will get cut are the ones no one ever uses, like soothe, people will argue with me and say they use it all the time, but they don't, and even removing shred or mangle, who cares? People are set on using 1, or the other, or both. They will simply compensate any loss.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  3. #3
    Cyclone is staying at this point, in fact Brian Holinka (spelling?) said that Cyclone will be dispellable. Soothe, Hibernate, and Entangling Roots all have a real possibility of going, and probably could on the PvE side, but these are all incredibly effective tools for PvP.

    Mangle and Shred are likely going to be combined. I think Shred will be merged into Mangle. The main reason being Shred requires a positional component, and they tried to fix that in Cata, where Ferals were being heavily punished for not being able to get behind a boss, I don't think Blizzard wants to go back to that point. Additionally, you have to consider leveling, what ability would you be able to use while leveling a feral druid? You won't be able to get behind mobs unless in a dungeon so you'd be left to spam Rake pretty much, a minor point for us end-game ferals, but would definitely affect the leveling aspect.

    Defensive cooldowns seems like another area to get nerfed, Might of Ursoc, Survival Instincts, and Barkskin seem excessive.

    Aside from that I think it's just best to wait and see. We can always speculate, but only 20% of our abilities are being cut or merged, so I think it's a lot less than people think

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Does it really matter? The skills that will get cut are the ones no one ever uses, like soothe, people will argue with me and say they use it all the time, but they don't, and even removing shred or mangle, who cares? People are set on using 1, or the other, or both. They will simply compensate any loss.
    Talk for yourself, but i use soothe whenever there is a mechanic involving dispellable enrage mechanics (trash before maloriak, add on thok hc, and others). Removing Soothe equals removing enrage effects on mobs, which is just reducing diversity in gameplay.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooninites View Post
    Mangle and Shred are likely going to be combined. I think Shred will be merged into Mangle. The main reason being Shred requires a positional component, and they tried to fix that in Cata, where Ferals were being heavily punished for not being able to get behind a boss, I don't think Blizzard wants to go back to that point. Additionally, you have to consider leveling, what ability would you be able to use while leveling a feral druid? You won't be able to get behind mobs unless in a dungeon so you'd be left to spam Rake pretty much, a minor point for us end-game ferals, but would definitely affect the leveling aspect.

    Defensive cooldowns seems like another area to get nerfed, Might of Ursoc, Survival Instincts, and Barkskin seem excessive.

    Aside from that I think it's just best to wait and see. We can always speculate, but only 20% of our abilities are being cut or merged, so I think it's a lot less than people think
    Positional requirements are going away, so your point about not being able to use Shred solo is irrelevant; the only real question is whether we keep the energy cost from Shred or Mangle. We may lose MoU, but I wouldn't imagine Barkskin or SI will go anywhere. Feral, and Druids in general, don't have a lot of bloat in our abilities because they're so form-specific, so don't take a great deal of action bar space.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Does it really matter? The skills that will get cut are the ones no one ever uses, like soothe, people will argue with me and say they use it all the time, but they don't, and even removing shred or mangle, who cares? People are set on using 1, or the other, or both. They will simply compensate any loss.
    Not true. The whole idea of the ability pruning is to tone down the number of abilities on your bars, i.e. abilities that you use, if not often.

    Personally, I don't think ferals have too many abilities as such, although I'd like to see Symbiosis, Savage Roar, Dash, and Ravage! (Feral PvP set bonus) go for starters.

    I choose these because Symbiosis is annoying and doesn't fit well in with "Bring the player, not the class". Savage Roar because it makes switching too prohibitive. I get it's fun for some, but it feels a bit excessive. Dash is basically just Stampeding Roar but exclusively for Cat Form, so just reduce the CD of Roar and it's good. Ravage! is just button bloat.

    I'd also like to see a lot of buttons be usable only in their respective form, i.e. level 75 talents work only in Bear Form and so on.

  7. #7
    Blademaster Tyriama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    38
    I don't agree with removing Dash.

    We've always been mobile and agile. Having multiple speed-boosts is kind of what I feel is required.
    You're getting a talent (Maybe ;D) in WOD that removes the need for SR, so if that's your interest, go right ahead. Personally I like it.


    Spells I consider bloat:
    Shred+Mangle part, as listed. Hopefully Shred gets cut outright, we keep Mangle in it's current form.
    Faerie Fire. I just don't see the point of keeping it as a separate button when you're feral. Might as well just make it passive.
    Maim. I seldom ever look at it. I have it on the bars, but it's all the way to the side. If I am in need of an outright stun, I'll rather spec into it through talents, and keep my combopoints for damage/SR.

    Not sure what other abilities I'd want to touch. Pretty happy with ferals overall, considering how they've always been the "cluster" spec with tons of abilities.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Barny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ventilation shaft. How do you know that?
    Posts
    1,092
    Soothe, Shred (merged with Mangle), Tranq, Trash (merged with Swipe), Hurricane, Might of Ursoc, Faerie Fire (maybe?)



    Those to start with
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Does it really matter? The skills that will get cut are the ones no one ever uses, like soothe, people will argue with me and say they use it all the time, but they don't, and even removing shred or mangle, who cares? People are set on using 1, or the other, or both. They will simply compensate any loss.
    oke let me agrue that with youthen
    i use it like 3 times per week, on a single boss, Thokk, healers are busy healing, ranged is nuking the boss, that leaves only melee to dispell it and since noone else bothers i dispelll it myzelf

    and yes i do think it will be removed, i think we keep feiry fire, its our only ranged ability
    i also thing we keep tranq, its not part of any roations its pure situational but i feel if we cant trany, i think for pve reasons the agi > sp conversions and HotW becomes rather useless

    they probely remove Pounce, and make prowl only to walk around unseen with no realy benefits

    the thing is i dont pvp, and i feel a lot of abilities i consider bloat, are probely used there
    like natures graps...

    I want Thorns back!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyriama View Post
    Faerie Fire. I just don't see the point of keeping it as a separate button when you're feral. Might as well just make it passive.
    I can't believe some people think Faerie Fire will be removed. It's borderline moronic. FF is an indispensable pvp tool. You can use it in caster with no cooldown, you can use it in bear with the glyph for a ranged silence ( pve too ) and you use it in Cat/Travel in general as well. You use it to keep people in combat and prevent them drinking, to keep hunters from camo, to keep rogues from vanishing & restealthing, to keep other druids from restealthing. The armor debuff could be made passive while keeping the spell, but that is highly unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyriama View Post
    Maim. I seldom ever look at it. I have it on the bars, but it's all the way to the side. If I am in need of an outright stun, I'll rather spec into it through talents, and keep my combopoints for damage/SR.
    Hahaha. No. Maim isn't going to go because so many ferals use it in pvp. Not everyone specs into Bash and it can still be used in concjunction with it for peels, as a quick interrupt, etc.

    As a poster above said Feral doesn't have much in terms of bloat they CAN remove. Soothe & Hibernate have their uses in PvP too. I'm torn about hibernate, though. It would be good to see it go simply because a competent enemy druid is using it on you (feral) as best they can. But at the same time if you get proficient at throwing it out on other druids it's very useful. Overall, it can be a bit too easy for resto druids to sit at range and spam hibernate on feral, so i'd hope it goes.

    Other than that, I can see Mangle or Shred being ditched. I don't like it, but it's a possibility.
    Last edited by gestapo; 2014-03-08 at 02:10 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •