Thread: Gravity [MOVIE]

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gravity [MOVIE]

Was this movie any good? Thinking about renting it for tonight, wanted to know some opinions.

Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

10+ Year Old Account
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

It was one of those movies that was only good in theaters.

Gonna just watch Vikings season 2 haha
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

15+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty good. Worth an hour and a half for the special effects, music, and direction. I wouldn't give the script any points for believable characters or situations, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was amazing in my opinion. One of the only recent movies that blew my mind. Just make sure you have good sound. Like a good pair of headphones or surround sound/something with a sub.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

15+ Year Old Account
    It is amazing as a fiction, you can absolutely enjoy it, but take it with a grain of salt.

If you actually are interested in space and physics, well... There are some "whaaaat" moments.

thanks for the reviews guys! going to check it out

Deleted
    It's a garbage movie for home viewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really disliked it. Watched it at home. My father loved it, but the thought alone that there have literally only been like 3 actors playing in it is meh. Also disliked the story :/

It was OKAY. I was not overly impressed and I viewed it in a theatre...

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a sound bar, HDTV, and Blu-Ray it'll be just as good. Saw it in IMAX twice, really amazing movie, I don't care how you see it, I'd recommend it, worth the 91 minutes. That camera work is in a league of it's own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too fond of it myself, but saw it on a 19"

Yea, I thought it was pretty boring but only watched at home, so that probably did not help. Didn't really like Clooney's part either. Effects were awesome though. Hmmm maybe will try to catch on IMAX if it's still showing.

Am i the only one who thinks that the movie was complete s**t? Acting terrible, story same, plot same, visual effect sorta good and thats it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that the movie was complete s**t? Acting terrible, story same, plot same, visual effect sorta good and thats it...
    Pretty much yeah, if you look at the IMDB rating. I thought it was absolutely amazing in theaters and I would watch it again in a heartbeat if it was still showing. I'll watch it at home at some point probably, but I very much doubt it's ANYWHERE near as good as in the cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Pretty much yeah, if you look at the IMDB rating. I thought it was absolutely amazing in theaters and I would watch it again in a heartbeat if it was still showing. I'll watch it at home at some point probably, but I very much doubt it's ANYWHERE near as good as in the cinema.
    I watched it on 65" with amazing sound ( 2000w+ ) and I still stand by my statement. 90 min of nothing special, story is stupid, acting below average, script nothing special, explosions in space in a movie that's not supposed to be an SF movie = NO, sound in vacuum of space = NO, Best Motion Picture of the Year, hell no. Wolf of Wall Street compared to Gravity is miles ahead. And if you are considering IMDB as a valid source since it has a higher mark should have won

10+ Year Old Account
    Won 7 academy awards last night, 97% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and Buzz Aldrin loved it. It's an amazing movie. I'm surprised so many people disliked it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    A very beautiful movie visually, and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Won 7 academy awards last night, 97% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and Buzz Aldrin loved it. It's an amazing movie. I'm surprised so many people disliked it.
    Most people didn't dislike it, there are just a select group of internet haters against it because of all of the buzz it gets.

Most the people criticizing Gravity are the same people that gave movies like Man of Steel a 10/10