Poll: Should divisive policy be avoided

Should politics be divisive

When I say this I don't mean vile, racist, angry, nor do I mean petty division. I'm talking in sense of policy. It seems that today we have made an ugly word of divisive whenever it is attached to legislation, that no divisive legislation should be passed whatsoever. What is your opinion on divisiveness.

--My Opinion--
    I myself find that any city / university debate group will generally find friends in each other. Alternately trying to keep differences under wraps seems only to make any action guarantied to be outrageous.

I find that divisiveness is often confused with more underhanded actions of regionalism (ex. I would like to propose nuclear waste all be disposed of in Texas, bill C-16x).

trying to avoid division stifles debate and removes choice from the electorate, bickering over ever smaller details only seems to lead to more virulence and animosity.

However, this all comes to my own opinion, What is your's

* Description of poll

Slightly = in most circumstances, keeping divisive policy to a minimum, directional yes would be only in rare occasions should divisive policy be let through, no is division should be avoided but at the same time may be accepted as last response
    Completely = Divisive or not, should or shouldn't determine policy
    Last edited by warlocked; 2014-03-02 at 07:08 AM.

I think politics should be divisive, not policy though. Policy should matter very little in a limited government.