Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Ot but sub vs assasin pve is the diffrence as big their aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub is slightly better single target at pve also.

proper damage path for all specs

1. melee
    2. poison
    3. envenom or eviscerate
    4. combo point generator (mutilate, ss, rs, expose armor, hemo, backstab)

pros of assassination

1. poison damage goes through plate mail as it is elemental. assassination is better at taking down plate dps during pvp. for casters that have absorb is difficult to eliminate.

2. poison damage is stronger from assassinations mastery.

Pros of subtlety

1. Bleeds to take down range and casters that have better mobilization than you.

2. stronger finishers from the mastery of subtlety.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well your friend hasn't seen sub play properly if he thinks assassin is better...
    Oh you mean the cast sequence macro sub rogues use and think they're actually good? And dont say you havent seen them because it's called "one shot" macro. Every sub rogue uses this and it's laughable.

You obviously havent played a good assasination rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, right. And what macro is that again?

Quote Originally Posted by regularcustomer View Post
    pros of assassination

1. poison damage goes through plate mail as it is elemental. assassination is better at taking down plate dps during pvp. for casters that have absorb is difficult to eliminate.

2. poison damage is stronger from assassinations mastery.

Pros of subtlety

1. Bleeds to take down range and casters that have better mobilization than you.

2. stronger finishers from the mastery of subtlety.
    Youre joking right? I tear through casters like a hot knife goes through butter much easier as assassination than sub. Maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayjoy View Post
    Right, right. And what macro is that again?
    Google it. It's not hard.
    Last edited by Sheltleth; 2014-04-07 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltleth View Post
    Oh you mean the cast sequence macro sub rogues use and think they're actually good? And dont say you havent seen them because it's called "one shot" macro. Every sub rogue uses this and it's laughable.

Macros only get you up to 1500 and you obviously haven't even seen sub in action if you actually think assassin can hold a candle to sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheltleth View Post

I'm fairly sure the 2600+ rogue community, which is almost exclusively sub (across all PvP venues), would disagree. There are a smattering of 2200+ assassination rogues varying by type - they seem somewhat more popular in RBGs... but if you're talking 3v3s, which most people do, Sub is completely dominant at higher levels of play. You can check the stats. I'm also pretty sure the 2600+ rogues don't use a lolswiftymacro-styled approach to Sub. It's not going to get them there.

Assassination is more likely to be useful if you don't need CC very much. If you don't need CC very much, you're probably in 2s, RBGs with a CC-heavy comp, or low enough on rating that people don't know how to react to you. Having not stuck with PvP much through the last few seasons, I'd guess assassination still pumps out plenty of damage, but it just doesn't have the toolkit sub does.

Of course, if you're coming into this thread talking about casual play (like the OP was originally), seriously, play what you enjoy, as you always should.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-04-07 at 08:31 AM.

Kael ,

the question of the thread you have closed wasn't the compare of assa and sub rogues.
    There is no point in looking to a spec that isnt there anymore at all and a spec that is played by 85% of the comunity.
    Also don't forget that i didn't exclude combat, which looks viable in rbg, like this thread does.

My question would be the reason why people don't chose assa and not why they chose sub.
    Because from my question they also may chose combat, which isn't possible if you place the question like the author of this thread did.

I wanted to know the downsides of the assa spec in RBG and arena, if i could accept them and it would still give me fun,
    and not compare it to sub.
    There is no question that sub is better (people wouldn't chose it that much either way)