Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,433
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    The buff is for people like you who need even more assurance that old content will be soloable. Its not needed, but it will make you shut up about killing your level 90 raid bosses and under, at 100.
    Oh yea, I need the assurance... That's totally why they would put such a buff in the game -_- Oh well, if thinking that is what makes you happy.

  2. #62
    Bloodsail Admiral Annarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Fuck me. How can people STILL not understand it does not change anything but the amount of HP is shows you to have. You still do the same percentage of damage and nothing will change soloing wise.
    Because the explicit intention of the squish is to reduce the real difference in power between 1 and 90. Right now you've got more health than some old raid bosses. Your assumption is that the ratio between your health/damage and the old boss' will remain static; this is not the case. If it was a flat nerf, it would, but it's not that simple.

    Imagine if a warrior got 1 point of strength per level. At level 60, you'd have 60 strength, and 90, 90 strength. You'd have 30 more strength than you're supposed to at the level of content, which is enough to overpower the boss. After the squish, you'll be getting 1 point of strength every 2 levels. Now at 60, you have 30 strength, and they nerf the boss' hp to match. But at level 90, you have 45 strength. That's only 15 more strength than was needed when it was current. You are at a disadvantage in real power, because the difference in power between 60 and 90 has been reduced.

    If hp and strength were ratings like secondaries, it wouldn't matter, but they're static, so it does.

    What they should do is make all the old bosses a level, instead of being boss level, and then implement a level differential for damage received. For every level you have on your target, you do a bonus 1% (numbers can be tuned) damage to the mob, and it does 1% less damage to you. This actually increases the perception of player power, and gives a tangible bonus to levelling, not to mention gives you a solid boost that's not as gear dependent when you want to farm old instances/areas.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    Blizzard said solo'ing old content won't be affected. So no need to worry, my child.
    It'll even become easier just like every new expansion
    If he means anything older than Mists, you're correct. If it's a Mist raid it will heavily depend on whether or not they put the debuff/buff on those too as vengeance DPS will be gone and those things have enrage timers.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    Planning to level in WoD using the suddenly useful Warglaives of Azzinoth.

  4. #64
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,417
    pretty sure they said soloing raids would be even easier in WoD then today. Meaning ToT mount solo farming is up for grabs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hopfully sha of anger too /do want

  5. #65
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    329
    I would say that you may find a difference on a boss or two with the 6.0 patch but once you level up to 100 it would be even easier. I would expect some bosses to become even easier while some harder just because its not scaled for old content in mind. So I wouldn't worry about it once WOD is out.

  6. #66
    This is obviously the biggest concern when doing the squish and they've already said numerous times that they'll make sure soloing is not affected.

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Oh yea, I need the assurance... That's totally why they would put such a buff in the game -_- Oh well, if thinking that is what makes you happy.
    What is your problem exactly?

    The "conspiracy theory" dialog isn't allowed here.

    If you are going to complain that something was promised and was never delivered, then please use an actual example like Dance Studio, not something that exists only in your mind.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Oh yea, I need the assurance... That's totally why they would put such a buff in the game -_- Oh well, if thinking that is what makes you happy.
    Good you got it. You made a crap ton of posts whining about the squish and now you can shut up, and you can stop with your passive aggressive attitude. It makes you look stupid.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-03-02 at 11:54 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    How can it not become affected? We assume that there won't by any big stat jumps between expansions thus bosses woul have to be adjusted as well.

    Which they are, and had you paid attention to the Blog posted this last week you would know that for certain, besides what they've said at and since Blizzcon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    People quote that line quite often but leave out a very important part --the words "At max level " -- so it may be slightly more difficult until we reach 100 ( look at and interpret the graphs that accompanied the item squish info and you can see why )

    You can see both graphs mirror each other.

  10. #70
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,637
    Dear mother of Raptor Jesus... it seems some of you people will only understand (and believe) this when it's actually in front of your damn eyes. And even then, some of the most cynical of you will probably still be twisting things around somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Dear mother of Raptor Jesus... it seems some of you people will only understand (and believe) this when it's actually in front of your damn eyes. And even then, some of the most cynical of you will probably still be twisting things around somehow.
    You're the type of player Blizzard loves; the type that will believe whatever they feed you.

  12. #72
    If your fireball hits for 10k now, and Arthas has 1,000,000 health...

    then your fireball will soon hit for 1k, and Arthas will have 100,000 health.

    Or whtvr I suck at math. It's the same ratio. Only things above level 60 will be affected.

  13. #73
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're the type of player Blizzard loves; the type that will believe whatever they feed you.
    Do you actually have anything relevant to say, other than spooky conspiracy theories and attacks?

    Gee, I believe something that makes sense, is plausible and is very likely to be true. Stone me to death because I'm "buying into big bad Blizzard's lies".

    Instead, do tell me: why in Pete's name do you think they're lying about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  14. #74
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're the type of player Blizzard loves; the type that will believe whatever they feed you.
    wait, you think we are believing "whatever they feed us" simply because we realize, the owners of wow (blizzard) can alter, change, modify, tune, tweak, adjust, morph, or even outright remove, any single boss ability they want at any time they want? several boss mechanics have fallen victim to these changes over the years, so that they become more easily solo-able. the squish doesnt remove blizzards access to game files to make these changes. but that some how makes us sheeple? is that what you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  15. #75
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    wait, you think we are believing "whatever they feed us" simply because we realize, the owners of wow (blizzard) can alter, change, modify, tune, tweak, adjust, morph, or even outright remove, any single boss ability they want at any time they want? several boss mechanics have fallen victim to these changes over the years, so that they become more easily solo-able. the squish doesnt remove blizzards access to game files to make these changes. but that some how makes us sheeple? is that what you think?
    Not to mention, what kind of bloody reason do they have to lie about this, of all things? We'll be able to know it's true or not shortly after the beta becomes available. Whatever reason they could have to get us to buy the expansion without knowing about the ability to solo old content isn't valid here since we'll have the ability to check the veracity of their claims before we can even pre-order the expansion. Are people like Xeraxis expecting them to retract these changes before the game goes live just to royaly screw us up?

    I swear, some people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Do you actually have anything relevant to say, other than spooky conspiracy theories and attacks?

    Gee, I believe something that makes sense, is plausible and is very likely to be true. Stone me to death because I'm "buying into big bad Blizzard's lies".

    Instead, do tell me: why in Pete's name do you think they're lying about this?
    I don't think they're lying but to assume there will be no issues and then to assume that Blizzard will resolve those issues in a timely manner is being rather blind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Not to mention, what kind of bloody reason do they have to lie about this, of all things? We'll be able to know it's true or not shortly after the beta becomes available. Whatever reason they could have to get us to buy the expansion without knowing about the ability to solo old content isn't valid here since we'll have the ability to check the veracity of their claims before we can even pre-order the expansion.

    I swear, some people...
    I don't know let's see why would a business lie about an issue they are having to those who are giving them money? It's that blind faith that shows you'll swallow anything.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-03-03 at 01:14 PM.

  17. #77
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I don't think they're lying but to assume there will be no issues and then to assume that Blizzard will resolve those issues in a timely manner is being rather blind.
    But... where did I talk about the existance (or lack thereof) of issues? I'm refering to the people in this thread who seem convinced that they're not being truthful on the ability to solo old content. The people who are convinced that no matter how many times or whatever ways they explain it, that soloing old stuff will be negatively impacted.

    If there are issues (which is entirely possible, as always), they'll be eventually fixed. But I don't think anyone in their right mind will claim that there can't be issues with such a big change in the whole game.

    I don't know let's see why would a business lie about an issue they are having to those who are giving them money? It's that blind faith that shows you'll swallow anything.
    Yes, blind faith. That's exactly it. You took off my mask and hit the nail on the head. It's nothing but blind faith making me believe this. There's absolutely no conceivable reason whatsoever that could lead me to possibly believe this, other than a fervant, blind devotion.

    How's that blind cynism treating you?
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2014-03-03 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  18. #78
    I don't know how many times blizzard said don't worry we're going to be able to solo everything and more once wow comes out. So really there is more evidence that it will be fine than it will not.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I don't know how many times blizzard said don't worry we're going to be able to solo everything and more once wow comes out. So really there is more evidence that it will be fine than it will not.
    I don't believe that word means what you believe it means.

  20. #80
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,433
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Good you got it. You made a crap ton of posts whining about the squish and now you can shut up, and you can stop with your passive aggressive attitude. It makes you look stupid.
    At least my posts weren't filled with what you post now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •