Poll: What is the best eSports game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Not sure if you're talking about the game itself (balance-wise etc.) or the quality of players, but in any case, nowadays it's SC2 hands down. LoL and DOTA2 obviously have much larger audience, but it's because these games are free and extremely easy to get into, if compared to SC2.

- - - Updated - - -

OP listed pretty much every game that is played or was competitively played in the past, except of joke games like FIFA, so I'm really not sure what's your point.
    OP didn't list CoD or Halo, with Halo 2 and 3 being very popular and Call of Duty rising very high in popularity as of the recent games.

DOTA2. Its one of the most complex, thoughtful and mastery based games in the competitive games market. It's probably the most so ever made actually. The depth of design in DOTA2 is exceptional even among non competitive orientated games.

That people want to compete at DOTA2, Starcraft or League is ultimately inconsequential to the question. There is only gameplay and design beyond the critical mass needed to be an "esport". Of the former two, DOTA2 is among rarefied air.

Deleted
    Without a doubt SC2.

Can't say I don't love old Q3/CS/CoD frag movies though. Thing is I can happily watch SC2 game and understand what is happening and even though I mainly play LoL now, I still don't find it very interesting to watch.

I like watching lol the most. I've watched a few dota 2 games here and there, but i just dont like it as much. It's a great game and all dont get me wrong, i play it sometimes, but when it comes to esports i prefer league.

Super smash brothers but no Street Fighter 2?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Obviously SC2. It's a lot more exciting to watch than any MOBA imo.

FPS games like Counter-strike are fun to play, but boring to watch, IMO. It's hard to effectively capture the action, especially if you don't know the maps (even as a viewer).

Overall I like like watching LOL just a bit more than SC2, mostly because it's more team oriented and tends to have more constant action. SC2 has some amazing gameplay moments, but generally takes time to build up and isn't nearly as good without a good commentator. DOTA2 is okay, but I don't play it much personally, so it's not something I care to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have to ask, what is interesting about watching an RTS? I don't doubt games such as SC2 are competitive but I just don't see the visual appeal of it.
    my guess is the same reason people what any people play any sport.
    to see pros achieve some of the greatest plays that we ourselves can't achieve.
    to learn from the pros to be better at the sport/game ourselves

but also for me personally with sc2 I love the strategy behind the high skill ceiling.
    so simply watching someone make fast decisions that can result in a win or a lost with amazing execution and speed
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quake.

/10chars

No Halo? No CoD?

CS 1.6 or UT are easily the two best to play and to watch on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care much about eSports, but the only games from the poll I like are Warcraft 3, Starcraft: Brood War and Starcraft 2. Among these games, I would pick Starcraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Super smash brothers but no Street Fighter 2?
    Came in here to say this. Though I would call it "capcom fighters' (mahvel & SF4)

It would be better as multiple choice pool, but it surely reflects that SC2 is the best game for competitive play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Counter Strike in its glory days, hands down. Too bad it's a steaming pile of shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    OP didn't list CoD or Halo, with Halo 2 and 3 being very popular and Call of Duty rising very high in popularity as of the recent games.
    Yeah, I did say he didn't list joke games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes a game the Best esports game? :P lol jhas undoubtably the most viewers and players. Does the game have as much depth and interesting things as dota2 or HoN? Nope. I dislike sc2 as an esport because the game simply cant be played casually. It's a game almost nobody plays simply because of its go hard or go home design. It sure has skillcap and depth but I just can't feel connected to it. I dislike Lol because it's too simple and the balance team wants to make the game so simple that a potato understands it completely and the various things through what riot has gained their reputation as an "esport".

Deleted
    Starcraft 2. I don't even play the game but become addicted when big tournaments are going on: the amount of skills some players possess is just amazing, they think like true strategists.