Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If the guy/lass wants 2 delete his/her chars, then let him/her. It's his/her bussiness.

O.T. I often delete characters under level 60 (70 if DK). I Usually get attached to characters if they exceed the maximum.

He can delete them if he wants because blizz will restore them any time he wants, and yea I can understand what OP is saying. I've already said in WoD I'm only focusing on 2 toons and that's it. This would be a sign of leveling your playtime not being more addicted lol.

Why to delete them, if your character list isn't full? Sorry to say, but that's a completely retarded approach. Just simply stop playing them.

Sooner or later you WILL have a some kind of need for them again anyway, and then GMs would have to waste their time on recovering your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    He can delete them if he wants because blizz will restore them any time he wants, and yea I can understand what OP is saying. I've already said in WoD I'm only focusing on 2 toons and that's it. This would be a sign of leveling your playtime not being more addicted lol.
    Sure, Blizz can restore them, but it would still be a waste of time and resources especially when you have no rational reason whatsoever for deleting them.

Is it some kind of fashion these days for people to act on selfish whims just because they can and then ask others to fix the damage?? It's like emptying your trash bin on the floor just because the cleaner is coming soon anyway.
    Last edited by Gahmuret; 2014-03-03 at 01:52 AM.

the more toons ive had the more i feel like i cannot make up my mind what i want to play sometimes honestly i feel like starting a new account or deleting EVERYTHING and just starting over but all those achives feats that cannot be regained my warlock was my first toon at BC launch the only real toon i have "love" for but ive gotten 90% of my achievements on my dk.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Do it like me, put em down really deep and never ever touch em again until you abuse their high level for proffesions.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Why to delete them, if your character list isn't full? Sorry to say, but that's a completely retarded approach. Just simply stop playing them.

Sooner or later you WILL have a some kind of need for them again anyway, and then GMs would have to waste their time on recovering your characters.
    It's far from retarded. Try expanding your knowledge a lot before making such claims. Having the characters there could give him the urge to play them, and so he wants to do some cleanup.

While I don't play ATM, I never deleted a toon nigher than level 20. Why you would delete a high level toon when you don't need the room is strange to me, unless someone was paying me money to do it, I couldn't do it. Yeah, there were times where I just didn't use some of my alts for an extended amount of time, but then once in a while I'd feel like working on one of them and sometimes I had a lot of fun with a class I didn't think I had liked all that much. Unless you're a perfectionist and their lack of perfection bothers you so much you can't sleep at night, I don't see why you don't just leave them be.

Why would you delete 3 chars capable of having max professions? 0.o Just stop playing them, it is not like they compel you to play all of them. I personally play only my main Warlock and alt DK about which I do not care that much to even gear him 540 (I have also priest, monk and rouge on 90, but only gear they will see is world bosses loot :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not addicted by any means. I usually only play on the weekends, due to family/work and it's only for about 3 (maybe) 4 hours each day.
    If they're feeling like a burden and you don't enjoy them, delete them. But first, delete their gear piece by piece and buy a whole bunch of crappy grey items, like 50 or so. That way you won't be able to get the toons back with all their gear if you break down and contact Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Why would you delete 3 chars capable of having max professions? 0.o Just stop playing them, it is not like they compel you to play all of them. I personally play only my main Warlock and alt DK about which I do not care that much to even gear him 540 (I have also priest, monk and rouge on 90, but only gear they will see is world bosses loot :P).
    You do realize having more professions means more playtime right. Not everyone wants to have every profession.

I can understand why you would want to delete the characters to remove temptation of gearing them (as they will no longer exists). But you need to assert control over Wow, before Wow controls you. Which it is if you feel compelled to gear the chars you do not want to play.

I think I have wow under control. For example I decided that this patch I will stop playing wow until WOD comes out (so far so good!) and I have done this successfully in the past.

Oh and OP. Don't listen to some of these clowns. They won't stop until they have every toon on every faction with double all professions. They don't know when to stop. Having a low amount of characters allows you to accomplish many things you wouldn't have time for with too many characters.

I'd transfer them off to some other server. Worth the $25 per transfer, imo, to have the peace of mind. I actually do know where you're coming from OP. Some people are more OCD than others. Some people can ignore them, others can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It's far from retarded. Try expanding your knowledge a lot before making such claims. Having the characters there could give him the urge to play them, and so he wants to do some cleanup.
    Lol. Can't help but to laugh scornfully at this. It's not me who should expand my knowledge; you should take a long, good look in the mirror, dude. Sorry, but the "logic" is still completely retarded and ridiculous. And attempts to justify it are even worse. I have several characters that sit idle 99% of the time, but every now and then I need something from them, even though I don't actually play them. If nothing else, they can at least provide extra bank space. It's your logic that fails here, mate.

Sure, you CAN delete even your whole account if you wish to (and tbh I'm starting to think you should). Restoring it is still wasting other people's time that could be used on handling real problems. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Or do some people get some sort of sick enjoyment from making others waste their time on their idiotic whims? Because that's what this thread smells like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Exactly what I'm trying to say. Looks like there are just a couple of clowns with serious comprehension issues who can't grasp the idea.

Infracted
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-03-03 at 01:09 PM.

Don't play them. No reason to delete. Just put them on the shelf, or consider them retired. In WoD, you might feel like playing a holy paladin. Instead of wasting time levelling and gearing one (or wasting money by buying one) you could instead say, "Oh, I have one here" and bam, just like that you got your level 90.

Set your own limits instead of creating a situation you can't come back from. It'll train your will power which'll become a great attribute in life. You can compare this issue to conflicts you choose to run from instead of facing head on.

Bloodsail Admiral ScourgeSlayer's Avatar
    I wouldn't delete them if I were you, what about when they get buffed to hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's not me who should expand my knowledge; you should take a long, good look in the mirror, dude. Sorry, but the "logic" is still completely retarded and ridiculous. And attempts to justify it are even worse. I have several characters that sit idle 99% of the time, but every now and then I need something from them, even though I don't actually play them. If nothing else, they can at least provide extra bank space.

Sure, you CAN delete even your whole account if you wish to (and tbh I'm starting to think you should). Restoring it is still wasting other people's time that could be used on real problems. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Or do some people get some sort of sick enjoyment from making others waste their time on their idiotic whims? Because that's what this thread smells like.
    Lol your still failing to understand the very simple idea that he gets an urge to play his alts. When he doesn't want to. So deleting them would help. If you have a weakness with donuts, are you going to put them right in your face? No obviously not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Lol FOTM player. Yea don't ever follow those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That sounds expensive.
    Considering that I moved some of them between the accounts more than once...objectively maybe. But peace of mind sometimes comes with a higher price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Who cares?

I have 5 90s and 3 of them have no gear. I just leveled them for fun. Why would you ever delete them? Who is applying said pressure?

I never understood the feeling of "just because I have alts means I have to constantly play them/gear them to the max".
    The truth is, you don't have to do that. I have a ton of alts, but I only raid with 2 of my characters. On all my other alts, I usually farm xmog gear or use them for profession gathering purposes.

It is so simple to feel overwhelmed when you feel you have to do something. If deleting these characters will serve as a reminder that you don't have to gear them, then go ahead and do it.

<3 Kuragalolz for the signature and avatar