Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Lol your still failing to understand the very simple idea that he gets an urge to play his alts. When he doesn't want to. So deleting them would help. If you have a weakness with donuts, are you going to put them right in your face? No obviously not.
    Guy is comparing donuts with WoW toons and then calls others stupid. Just LOL. And FYI, I do understand your "point", as putrid and ridiculous as it is (however, I don't think you are getting mine, but I'm not going to waste any more of my time on douches). But if having a couple of extra alts is such a problem to someone, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Lol FOTM player. Yea don't ever follow those guys.
    I think we can all agree that a certain participant has nothing intelligent to say and is best ignored completely.
    Last edited by Gahmuret; 2014-03-03 at 02:25 AM.

Oh, yes, I know that feeling and that thought. It is a way to clear clutter, I suppose, right? But maybe there is an easier way to remove that feeling of obligation than outrght deleting a char. Seems pretty drastic, and who knows, maybe you'd like to try or play them a small bit again some time (come WoD f.ex) plus there are probably some other use they can serve for your main chars, perhaps?

If they're clutter, you should clear them away, but I'd doubt they'd be that, truly.

Personally, I like to have one of each class on a server, whenever my account is subbed, since it makes for easy play-through. Except DK, hate that class lol.

I'd guess what you want to really remove is not the chars, but the feeling of duty that comes from having some aspirations with whatever chars you have. But it would probably be easier not to worry about how geared or what level they are, rather than outright delete them. At least, you might easily come to regret it later (in another expansion f.ex).

I've only deleted high level alts in order to make room for new characters. When I decide not to play characters, I just don't play them. I don't feel like I'm hurting their feelings or anything. They don't pressure me to gear them up, they're imaginary. It's entirely ok if you have crappy geared characters, or characters you don't really remember how to play. There's no good reason not to keep spare high level characters lying around. If later you decide you want a high level druid/paladin/shaman, you'll have to throw away $60 to get a new one. Because if you delete them, and end up begging for one back, you'll just be wasting a GM's time. TBH, deleting a character for no good reason is so mind-boggling, I don't think blizz would be out of place charging money to restore a deleted character.

When you go to delete your character, you should ask yourself, "am I $60 sure I want to delete this character?" It is not as hard to decide not to do something as people like to pretend.
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2014-03-03 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Guy is comparing donuts with WoW toons and then calls others stupid. Just LOL. And FYI, I do understand your "point", as putrid and ridiculous as it is (however, I don't think you are getting mine, but I'm not going to waste any more of my time on douches). But if having a couple of extra alts is such a problem to someone, he shouldn't be playing at all.

I think we can all agree that a certain participant has nothing intelligent to say and is best ignored completely.

Your one sensitive person lol. It's called a metaphor. I wasn't comparing donuts to anything. Now here I'll do the work for you.

met·a·phor
    ˈmetəˌfôr,-fər/
    noun
    a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

So now do you see "smart guy". Oh and you definitely don't speak for people on these forums. A lot of them are way smarter than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As the title reads, I'm thinking about deleting 3 of my 7 WoW toons. I see the toons on my login screen and I just get this feeling of how much work I need to do with them - much like pressure. It's takes too much time to get them all 540+ - time I just don't have anymore. The alts have become too much for me.

Ones I play the most and enjoy:

90 Shadow Priest - want to keep (main)
    90 Hunter - First toon and I just can't delete her because of that.
    90 Warlock - Want to keep
    87 Mage - Want to keep, can't go wrong with a Mage.

Ones I rarely use any more:

90 Resto/Balance Druid
    90 Resto/Ele Shaman
    87 Holy Pally

The four I want to keep still seems too much for me, but I do like them. I wish I could just pick no more than 2, but I can't seem to.

Anyone else ever do this or thought about doing it?
    Or you could just not play them. I don't see why you would delete them, that doesn't make sense. Why feel pressure about gearing them up? Just don't play them if you don't want to. Gear doesn't really matter, it gets reset every expansion anyway, so just worry about playing whatever is fun and not about how much gear you have.

yeah cause burning down bridges is a good idea nice... you might change your mind later.
    Don't delete them just don't play them.

I've deleted lvl 85 toons just because I wanted to re-level an alt (and I'm otherwise out of room).

I wouldn't delete max level toons just because they're on my login screen.

My friend recently deleted like three of his alts so he could 'concentrate' on his 3 main characters.

Long story short, he regretted it within 2 days, had to beg a GM to restore them and took an incredible amount of crap from everyone on mumble ^^ - including a new meme that was inspired by him that goes along the lines of:

It's raining outside? Better delete a character.

Shop had sold out of semi-skimmed milk? Better delete a character.

Dinners not ready yet? Better delete a character.

Eurgh this LFR queue is taking forever! Better delete a character.

etc.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 11:13 AM.

Oh and OP. Don't listen to some of these clowns. They won't stop until they have every toon on every faction with double all professions. They don't know when to stop.
    Lol your still failing to understand the very simple idea that he gets an urge to play his alts. When he doesn't want to. So deleting them would help. If you have a weakness with donuts, are you going to put them right in your face? No obviously not.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol FOTM player. Yea don't ever follow those guys.
    Jesus, calm down dude who are you his mother or something? Try be less annoying.
    [email protected] | 16gb RAM | Asus Geforce GTX 970 OC | 120gb SSD | 1tb HDD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

High Overlord
    I got 10 90's now. I am not lvling another until the next expansion hits. I recently rerolled Monk as that is what I will play next expansion considering how much fun I have playing that class!

Its all about whats fun to me, this is a game and I think I have found the one thing that has been calling on me for ages. Moooooooonk!

As the title reads, I'm thinking about deleting 3 of my 7 WoW toons. I see the toons on my login screen and I just get this feeling of how much work I need to do with them - much like pressure. It's takes too much time to get them all 540+ - time I just don't have anymore. The alts have become too much for me.
    May i just ask why do all ur alts need to be 540+ ? cant u just have them for the sake of having the option to play some other classes every now and then or just sitting as bank/prof alts?

That's funny, I had the same thought and I ended up deleting 6 level 90's since I mainly used my time on my hunter & priest and just couldn't bother feeling like I had to log them to do ordos/celestials to gear them when I had no fun playing them.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    never had that issue, i just move them to the bottom of the list if i dont want to play them and dont really think about it again
    This and you will certainly need them one day

As long as you haven't reached the character cap I don't see any real advantage in deleting them. Just leave them be and forget about them until you feel like you want to play them again

I wouldn't delete them, though I've seen people say, delete a lvl 90 Paladin, to relevel a Paladin etc, which I guess is fine if you enjoy it and there is nothing special on that char.

Alts for me generally stay crappy geared whilst my main is heroics, they are usually profession whores, though I'll generally have one alt geared enough for normals.

My main always gets like 98% of my time though.

I don't think I could delete any of my 90s....1-40 no problem.

Though my alts throughout the years have always been DPS along with my DPS main, so that may be why I don't play them much after levelling, and now I'm levelling a healer and a tank, so I think they will get more love.

My current Hunter main, was an alt left in the dust back at the start of WoTLK, never touched really until 5.4 when I switched, so you really never know when you'll use that alt.

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    May i just ask why do all ur alts need to be 540+ ? cant u just have them for the sake of having the option to play some other classes every now and then or just sitting as bank/prof alts?
    540 seems to be around the right ilvl to start progressing with 10 normal, in my mind. The pressure I feel isn't just with this xpac, but the thought of the next one and lvling/gearing them all up. Looking at them in the login screen makes me think of how much work it's going to take. Like a lingering feeling every time I log in.

Keep them, you never know when you'll feel like playing one and find a new love for that toon. Happens to me all the time.

I deleted all but 2 of my 90s, and moved those two to an RP realm (Sisters of Elune). I felt it was time to slow down and just pay homage to the two characters I enjoy the most. I will likely use my free 90 boost for a paladin on the new realm. Though I will not gear her like my Druid and DK. She will hit 100, slip into something slinky and go back to being a bank alt. Unless Paladins make a comeback, and then the DK will likely get to sit this one out.

Just control yourself, I don't have time and the only character I really played for the last like 6 years is my Warlock main.

In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.

Ones I play the most and enjoy:

90 Shadow Priest - want to keep (main)
    90 Hunter - First toon and I just can't delete her because of that.
    90 Warlock - Want to keep
    87 Mage - Want to keep, can't go wrong with a Mage.

Ones I rarely use any more:

90 Resto/Balance Druid
    90 Resto/Ele Shaman
    87 Holy Pally

The four I want to keep still seems too much for me, but I do like them. I wish I could just pick no more than 2, but I can't seem to.

Anyone else ever do this or thought about doing it?
    here is my questions for you, and it should help you make the decision.

Are they all on the same server, which has 11 slots for characters. meaning you should have 4 remaining slots?
    Is sacrificing the time and effort leveling to ninety or the $60 level boost worth more than Server transfers, or faction changes?
    Do you think you will never again have a need to play those characters, with a new expansion and new class abilities and tweaks coming to the game?