Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    here is my questions for you, and it should help you make the decision.

Are they all on the same server, which has 11 slots for characters. meaning you should have 4 remaining slots?
    Is sacrificing the time and effort leveling to ninety or the $60 level boost worth more than Server transfers, or faction changes?
    Do you think you will never again have a need to play those characters, with a new expansion and new class abilities and tweaks coming to the game?
    All but one is on the same server - The 87 Mage
    I urge to focus myself to only a few toons outweighs the curiosity of new abilities and/or tweaks to the classes I mentioned.

I delete characters regularly. When I have no use for them or feel like I have too many to keep up with, I trim them. At this point all I have left is a warlock and death knight, to have a caster and melee. Any more than that and I feel bogged down by gear grinds and gold sinks.

One day when the respective classes of those characters becomes interesting to you, you'll regret deleting them, but I realize this is a very 'hoarder' way of thinking which I personally embrace but recognize that it may not be the healthiest. Regardless it is a rule of mine to never delete anything over level 70 unless I intend on immediately remaking and releveling it, and not once have I ever regretted this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    All but one is on the same server - The 87 Mage
    I urge to focus myself to only a few toons outweighs the curiosity of new abilities and/or tweaks to the classes I mentioned.
    So then only play those few characters. Problem solved, thread over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    nop , I leave WoW 4 years ago. all should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    But yeah... Emerald Dream. There's a reason why I'm persistent. Orc created Emerald Dream all the way baaaabyyyyy!

540 seems to be around the right ilvl to start progressing with 10 normal, in my mind. The pressure I feel isn't just with this xpac, but the thought of the next one and lvling/gearing them all up. Looking at them in the login screen makes me think of how much work it's going to take. Like a lingering feeling every time I log in.
    I understand, I leveled a bunch of alts last expansion and felt the same thing, a "need" to get them in epics + a certain ilvl. This expansion, I only had time for one toon (and one alt, that I leveled much later). The feeling does pass.

I'm definitely glad I didn't delete my alts, I still use them for professions and it's nice knowing that I don't have to relevel a character from scratch (or pay $60) if I want to reroll next expansion, as I tend to change my main depending on our guild comp and roster needs. When I feel like I want to brush up on a class I haven't played for awhile, I'll play around with a premade character on the PTR.

If you feel like you'll have no regrets deleting your level 90s, then go ahead...although I suspect that you'll miss those characters later.

As the title reads, I'm thinking about deleting 3 of my 7 WoW toons.
    I suggest you reconsider because if not this will be you in six months:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I want to start play wow again after being away from it since last year's summer. I was apparently stupid enough to delete my old level 90 alt, which i want to play on now, before i quit. I made a ticket but i see that they have changed the support a bit. Now we can't call blizzard anymore. I was only able to make a ticket. Neither live chat or phone was available for that issue ''I deleted a character or released a pet.''
    It's perfectly understandable to not want to maintain all your alts, but why do you want to delete them? It's not like you're paying extra for them, and at seven characters you're not bumping up against your server (let alone account) limit just yet. For all you know your priest will be completely nerfed next expansion and you'll want to switch back to resto druid.

Plus, 7 crafters > 4 crafters regardless of gear level.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Delete them all except one. That way, you can put all your time and effort into it, and possibly increase its overall power by an additional 0.5-1% if you focus solely on it.

#1, I can't believe there are 5 pages to this topic.

#2, I can't believe I'm contributing to it.

Your dilemma is in all reality, rather silly. If it pains you too much to see them and know they're not geared to your satisfaction, by all means delete them.

It would be like me asking people if should throw out my excercise equipment because I don't like looking at it and don't use it. Well sure I can, but what if I change my mind and want to use it in the future. If you can stomach seeing them on your logon screen (if I have the room for my equipment), then you should keep them.

I have 6 90's, 3 @ 85-97, and one that's at 50 and will be boosted to 90. I understand that I won't be able to gear them all, so I focus on gearing 1 for pve, one for pvp, and the rest to take a break from those other 2. I also use my alt's professions to boost my economy. At this point I don't know which toon I'll take into WoD...especially with the changes to come. My suggestion is to hold out until WoD...as others have said, you may find your favorites change.

@ OP: You're the first person i hear with this weird dilemma. I mean look at me i have 12x 90s (all 11 classes on alliance and 1 horde) ...on my way to the 2nd horde char (the 13th char), now, you would ask why, and i'll say: because i want to have all classes available at any moments notice due to a number of different reasons, for example: new spells in WoD or maybe new graphical changes regarding spells in WoD or maybe just to have fun with a certain class that i may have seen in PvP or PvE (in a dungeon or raid, etc) or maybe to check out the storyline on a different faction in WoD (horde storyline in my example). I barely play my priest, druid, monk, rogue BUT (this is "THE" BUT) they're THERE, i can access them whenever i want, they're mine no matter what ilevel they have, they're THERE. Not to mention that the first quests from 90 to 91 in WoD will most probably award you 550+ ilevel items or even more, so basically you can easily gear them up for questing in no time. Case in point, do whatever you want, your account, your choices, BUT my advise is to NOT delete them, you may regret later...
    Active in WoW since 2006...

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.6Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 WF3x | MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb 1866Mhz | SSD: Micron mPCIe 128Gb | PWR: Seasonic M12II-850W

Quote Originally Posted by Carnebill View Post
    #1, I can't believe there are 5 pages to this topic.

#2, I can't believe I'm contributing to it.

Your dilemma is in all reality, rather silly. If it pains you too much to see them and know they're not geared to your satisfaction, by all means delete them.

It would be like me asking people if should throw out my excercise equipment because I don't like looking at it and don't use it. Well sure I can, but what if I change my mind and want to use it in the future. If you can stomach seeing them on your logon screen (if I have the room for my equipment), then you should keep them.

I have 6 90's, 3 @ 85-97, and one that's at 50 and will be boosted to 90. I understand that I won't be able to gear them all, so I focus on gearing 1 for pve, one for pvp, and the rest to take a break from those other 2. I also use my alt's professions to boost my economy. At this point I don't know which toon I'll take into WoD...especially with the changes to come. My suggestion is to hold out until WoD...as others have said, you may find your favorites change.
    What's weird is the lack of understanding of OP's dilemma. The mentality of more equals better is completely subjective. Like he said in his post. He feels the need to play them when they are there. Then the FOTM players chime in because that's ludicrous to them, because they switch back and forth to all the classes. Which I might add. Usually those players suck at pvp. Even with the OP classes. I'm in the same situation with plenty of others who have posted here, and I see absolutely no problem deleting a couple of characters. If you desperately want them back you could always ask Blizz to undelete them.

What's the point in deleting them, even if you don't gear them up you can always use em as a profession mules
    "I find this rain quite pleasant. It feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory..."

I'm not addicted by any means. I usually only play on the weekends, due to family/work and it's only for about 3 (maybe) 4 hours each day.
    Then why are you worrying about something like that. There is no reason to delete them. If you feel pressure, that's coming from you. Thats not coming from the game. Not coming from how the game works. I was talking with someone today about netherwing eggs, and they talked about how atrocious that grind still is, and he wants to get exalted but it enrages him too much. I told him to just do them when he can. Most people make things a grind that don't have to be a grind. Have a few minutes in the game, go check for eggs or something. Don't come back to it for a month, it doesn't matter. Same thing with you. You don't need to gear any of those toons. You're putting unreasonable pressure on yourself. And that's the problem.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

I do this every expansion or anytime I level up an alt and just don't see me playing it anymore.
    I find that having them up is a waste (in my opinion). I sometimes also just want to restart without having to pay money for what I wanted to do.
    If anything, you can always open up a ticket to tell that you want your x to be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    What's weird is the lack of understanding of OP's dilemma. The mentality of more equals better is completely subjective. Like he said in his post. He feels the need to play them when they are there. Then the FOTM players chime in because that's ludicrous to them, because they switch back and forth to all the classes. Which I might add. Usually those players suck at pvp. Even with the OP classes. I'm in the same situation with plenty of others who have posted here, and I see absolutely no problem deleting a couple of characters. If you desperately want them back you could always ask Blizz to undelete them.
    I understand what the OP is feeling but I also know that such feelings are irrational and they pass eventually. Asking Blizzard to undelete them is a possibility, but why clog up customer service ticket queues with stuff like that if you suspect that you'll end up wanting to play those characters later on anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I understand what the OP is feeling but I also know that such feelings are irrational and they pass eventually. Asking Blizzard to undelete them is a possibility, but why clog up customer service ticket queues with stuff like that if you suspect that you'll end up wanting to play those characters later on anyway...
    Well I thank you for being civil. However I think the best thing is to delete them. I don't think his feelings are irrational at all. I think he wants to lower playtime and focus on a couple of toons. Sometimes even looking at a toon can give people a headache because of their lack of progression. The game naturally does that. Also as far as professions go. Not everyone is a profiteer, and doesn't need every profession to get by and more. More professions equal more playtime as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Well I thank you for being civil. However I think the best thing is to delete them. I don't think his feelings are irrational at all. I think he wants to lower playtime and focus on a couple of toons. Sometimes even looking at a toon can give people a headache because of their lack of progression. The game naturally does that. Also as far as professions go. Not everyone is a profiteer, and doesn't need every profession to get by and more. More professions equal more playtime as well.
    Yeah, for an mmo wow really does place pressure on end game content/progression >.< I'm pretty sure it's mostly due to the playerbase. It's funny because I've never felt that pressure in other (more recent) mmos, just in wow...thought about starting a forum post about it after playing SWTOR and Rift recently, and some other mmos off and on over the last four or five years...might just be my perspective, though.

I'm sure the OP will make the best decision for him/her, I know there are players who delete characters and hardly give it a second thought, although I think some people tend to get more attached to their level capped toons...I know I do, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Or you could just not play them. Not every character needs to be in the best gear available to have fun with.
    if you want to pvp in this expansion, you absolutely need the best gear to have any fun.

For some reason I know a lot of people, who get these urges to delte their chars, because of some "everytime I logged in, they annoyed me!" reason. Its a little infuriating as a collector person.
    But do whatever feels fun to you. If you feel a sudden need, that you MUST have a druid again, you will just level another and have fun with that.

Just dont expect others to get your logic
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    I don't delete any of my characters because there may be a time where they become interesting to me again. There's no real pressure to gear them up for me. I just won't play them.
    Exactly this. Think about the time you've put into those toons already then think about how long it would take to start fresh, level back up, and gear up if you suddenly miss your Shaman or Pally one day.

Just figure out which one's the most fun to you right now, put it at the top of your list and immediately press enter when logging in so you don't think about the others much.

A bit weird you feel the need to post this, if you don't like them being there then delete them. I don't see how this thread can help your situation at all. Seems to me that it was just an excuse to make a list, what is this obsession people have with making lists on forums?