Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thinking about deleting 3 of my 7 WoW toons.

As the title reads, I'm thinking about deleting 3 of my 7 WoW toons. I see the toons on my login screen and I just get this feeling of how much work I need to do with them - much like pressure. It's takes too much time to get them all 540+ - time I just don't have anymore. The alts have become too much for me.

Ones I play the most and enjoy:

90 Shadow Priest - want to keep (main)
    90 Hunter - First toon and I just can't delete her because of that.
    90 Warlock - Want to keep
    87 Mage - Want to keep, can't go wrong with a Mage.

Ones I rarely use any more:

90 Resto/Balance Druid
    90 Resto/Ele Shaman
    87 Holy Pally

The four I want to keep still seems too much for me, but I do like them. I wish I could just pick no more than 2, but I can't seem to.

Anyone else ever do this or thought about doing it?

never had that issue, i just move them to the bottom of the list if i dont want to play them and dont really think about it again

Only reason why i would delete any of the toon on my main account is if I wanted to make another, but with two accounts and realm merges I have more spots than I could ever use. Just dont play then, may want to play them again in the future.

Or you could just not play them. Not every character needs to be in the best gear available to have fun with.

I don't delete any of my characters because there may be a time where they become interesting to me again. There's no real pressure to gear them up for me. I just won't play them.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

ive done the same quite some times, i deleted toons simply because i didnt want to play them but in the longer term i kinda regret it. i think the feature that you can chance the order of the characters is a nice way to do that, just but the ones you dont really like on the bottom and leave them there. maybe one day you feel the urge to play one of these chars
    cheers
    My System | GTX Titan Black | i7-4770 | 32GB HyperX | 850 Pro SSD | G710+ | PS3
    Music: In Flames | Soilwok | Bury Tomorrow | Trivium | Stone Sour

Just save them, it's the last patch of the expansion anyway, so all the gear you got for you alts would basically be useless anyway when WoD hits.
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Issac Asimov

If you feel pressure of seeing WoW chars or even think about the word "work" when you open up the client you should consider stopping.

You are addicted.

Just don't play them?

Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As the title reads, I'm thinking about deleting 3 of my 7 WoW toons. I see the toons on my login screen and I just get this feeling of how much work I need to do with them - much like pressure. It's takes too much time to get them all 540+ - time I just don't have anymore. The alts have become too much for me.

90 Resto/Balance Druid
    90 Resto/Ele Shaman
    87 Holy Pally

The four I want to keep still seems too much for me, but I do like them. I wish I could just pick no more than 2, but I can't seem to.

Just don't play them or think about them for a bit. Level something else, or gear up some other toon.

But I would not recommend deleting any of them.

Scarab Lord
    Just don't play with them.

Inevitably in 6-12 months time you'll waste a GM's time by submitting a letter to restore one or all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If you feel pressure of seeing WoW chars or even think about the word "work" when you open up the client you should consider stopping.

You are addicted.
    I'm not addicted by any means. I usually only play on the weekends, due to family/work and it's only for about 3 (maybe) 4 hours each day.

What a waste of time gearing alts.

Hold on to them. Maybe they'll make some crazy change to a class that you have and make you want to try them out again. Maybe they'll make a crazy change to one of your mains to make you never want to play it again. You never know. If you feel pressure now putting gear on the toons, that pressure will be doubled at the start of WoD. But with the release of it, you'll have a lot more time and might even find yourself ahead of the curve.

Hold on to them.

90 Resto/Balance Druid
    90 Resto/Ele Shaman
    87 Holy Pally

Your char limit is 50. Keep them.

I got about 30+ lvl 80s I don't use, I'd never even think about deleting them. I don't want to transfer all of my max leveled chars when I transfer, so I usually just level new ones. And some day, I might play on an old server again.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

90 Resto/Balance Druid
    90 Resto/Ele Shaman
    87 Holy Pally

I don't get why you need to get 540iL on all of them. Just level up the mage and the pally on Timeless Isle (kill the baby worms around the ghost village). Doesn't take long.

Who knows, maybe one of the 3 classes you rarely use will be one that you really like the look of for WoD.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Mechagnome
    don't delete them.

all you'll end up doing in the future, is want them back, then you'll tie up blizzard support with another character restore. they are busy enough as it is.

Why just 3? go for it and delete at least 4.

I've deleted many toons high and low level for various reasons. The only time that I wanted one back was for profession purposes, which I had them restore my level 85 paladin. Other high level character I've deleted was 85 priest and 80 shaman because I didn't like either class that much. I also deleted my first and original character which was NE alliance 70 rogue because I rerolled horde and I just couldn't level again knowing I already had a high level character. I've also deleted characters simply because I didn't like that class with that race after playing it for awhile. I've only paid for race changes on classes I really like playing, like my rogue and druid.

Keep them. Don't throw out all the time spent on leveling them. Just keep them there until you decide you want to play them in the future. You might desperately want to if they change them enough and it sparks your interest again.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1+3TB WD Caviar Black | EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50