Trading Corrupted Ashbringer tmog question

So i know this used to work simply by just having a 2h drop in the same instance as the person with it, them taking it tmog'ing it and then trading it back. but i know i saw someone doing this and other items taken out of the game on twitch the other day.

does anyone know the actual strat of doing it currently?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can trade Corrupted Ash?!

I mean... Im so confused o_o

OT: Nope, no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard stopped being that gullible.
    I faintly remember them saying something along the lines that they won't be fooled anymore through this tactic.

This doesn't work anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it doesn't work anymore, and I don't know any other ways of doing it, never really looked into doing it anyway
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    This was a trick back in 4.3 as far as I know, so the odds of it actually working are pretty damn slim.

Transmogging an item nowadays will make the item soulbound AND remove the trade timer window whereas before it used to only be soulbound.

SpartySmallwood still does this on stream so it still works.
    He'll do a raid, people get gear, they ask them what items they want tmogged, go in stockades and trade, tmogs it, and then goes back to stockades(any instance would work I would guess) to trade it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    So many people in this thread just got bitchslapped by reality .

Quote Originally Posted by Grush View Post
    SpartySmallwood still does this on stream so it still works.
    He'll do a raid, people get gear, they ask them what items they want tmogged, go in stockades and trade, tmogs it, and then goes back to stockades(any instance would work I would guess) to trade it.
    Thought that the timer expired if you transmogged a piece, guess I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Thought that the timer expired if you transmogged a piece, guess I'm wrong.
    It might have something to do with retrading in an instance. However, I'm not sure, I just know its still possible atleast using that method.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    So many people in this thread just got bitchslapped by reality .

Quote Originally Posted by Grush View Post
    It might have something to do with retrading in an instance. However, I'm not sure, I just know its still possible atleast using that method.
    Yes i was watching Sparty doing it. Could it be that he didnt have to hearth or anything? Maybe going to another continent then back to the instance could ruin the tmog. Ill talk to the guy i know again and see if that could be it