For the veteran raiding resto shamans

I'm returning to the world of healing as I quit playing during cata after the first tier of heroic raiding. I am currently gearing up my new resto shaman in hopes to return to raiding after hearing about the changes in warlords. I was wondering if any heroic experienced resto shaman had any little tips or tricks they find that help their performance or help me learn a little faster. One last thing also, thoughts about glyph of chaining how noticeable is the 2 second CD when high damage is going out?

Many thanks, Buralo

It seems that healing in WoD will be quite different than it's now.

Still, right now you can't go wrong with high crit, moderately high haste, low spirit and low mastery. This is assuming you already have the legendary meta gem (if you don't then get one asap). Until you get the gem you might want more spirit and keep haste strictly tied to breakpoints. If you're more of a mana battery then you need higher spirit regardless.
    When your chain is glyphed, you need to rotate CH and GHW when higher damage is going out. GHW also procs AA, so having high crit helps. But even if you don't glyph it, don't spam it for too long or you'll just go oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Buralo View Post
    One last thing also, thoughts about glyph of chaining how noticeable is the 2 second CD when high damage is going out?
    it's noticeable, but manageable.

on a fight like norushen, you would not want it glyphed, because you get so little in return. on a fight like IJ, you would use the glyph because there's only a brief time for CH spam and you can alternate CH's with totem management, HR casts, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    on a fight like IJ, you would use the glyph because there's only a brief time for CH spam and you can alternate CH's with totem management, HR casts, etc.
    An addendum to this as a 10M H resto. I find glyph of chaining invaluable on nearly all fights. I personally only unglyph for HNorushen, HThok, and HGarrosh. There are so many maintenance spells you can use in that 2 second break. HRain, Riptide, HST, and Earth Shield figure in prominently among them but also many lesser spells can be used in there too in a pinch like totemic recall w/glyph, magma totem during meta procs, or just a plain old healing surge/GHW.

One tip is to start glyphing totemic recall and get used to recalling your healing stream totem just before expiration. This softens the lower ilvl related mana issues greatly and will serve you well later on when geared to go ultra-low spirit (this + high crit will alleviate nearly all mana issues one faces in SoO heroic).
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

If the last time you played was in cata you need remove lightning bolt from your bars. Glyph of Telluric Currents is not a good glyph anymore. It no longer scales of damage so instead of scaling with gear the MP5 gain is a set amount per cast and even if you can cast lightning bolt when moving it is not worth it.

Starting out in MoP healing will be very similar to MoP just remember that you always need to unleash elements before you healing rain. Healing stream totem is over powered and with the rushing streams talent (Should use for all fights on 10 man) it will be top 1 heal on a lot of fights so use it as much as possible. Healing rain is the most mana and healing effective heal even if you only heal 1 target so always keep it down. When you are not casting unleash+rain, Healing stream, earth shield you need a filler spells. In low gear it will be only healing waves and riptides anything else will just make you go oom. Chain heal is really strong but will make your mana take a big hit so always use the chaining glyph for maximum efficiency. Greater healing wave and healing surge are just not comparable to chain heal if you can get 2 or more targets so even in the best gear you should very rarely be using them.

510s: More chain heals less healing waves

550+meta gem aim to cast like 5 healing waves and 1 or 2 greater healing waves per fight max. Most of the time you should be casting riptide or chain heal. You can consider using the riptide glyph but you wont be able to just spam it. When you got a meta gem proc you can cast a few but otherwise try and keep riptide on tanks and people who got ticking damage.

560 is when mana starts feeling endless and you are basicly just following a rotation for max healing out put. If you are doing 10 mans you still need the chain heal glyph and most likely riptide glyph. HST>Unleash+Healing rain>chain heal on target with riptide buff>riptide>chain heal>Find something to do for 2s until your chain heal is off CD, riptide, hw,ghw, bulwark totem just cast something.