10+ Year Old Account

Australian games for you.

So I was thinking about getting thief for my Xbox one. This is what I have to deal with. Twice the price then what it is on steam. And people wonder why we have the highest piracy rate in the world.

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/thie...campaign=thief

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/

$100 bucks for console version

$50 for PC version.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    ...What can you do... Prices have always been ridiculously high compared to other nations. I've learnt to accept, nothing will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia is like that for a lot of products. Tabletop minis like Warhammer 40K will usually run you 25% more than U.S. ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    ...What can you do... Prices have always been ridiculously high compared to other nations. I've learnt to accept, nothing will change.
    If they want to combat piracy as much as they say they do the first thing they have to do is give us better prices not only for games but also Music, Movies and TV shows. As long as the prices stay are high as they are piracy will continue to rise.
    Aye mate

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So I was thinking about getting thief for my Xbox one. This is what I have to deal with. Twice the price then what it is on steam. And people wonder why we have the highest piracy rate in the world.

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/thie...campaign=thief

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/

$100 bucks for console version

$50 for PC version.
    I recommend gettign a PC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I recommend gettign a PC
    Oh I do. A good one at that. It is just my X1 hasn't got many games so I thought I might get one for it instead but after this I am just going to get the PC version.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Australia is like that for a lot of products.
    Pretty much, and it's beyond just entertainment. There's a whole lot of articles and studies saying Aust is one of the most expensive countries to live in.
    Fortunately with hobbies such as gaming, you often do just pay the overseas prices / can import from overseas.

$50 doesn't sound to bad. It's €49,99 over here, not sure on the exchange rates. The $100 for the X1 version is just silly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Algrumm View Post
    Fortunately with hobbies such as gaming, you often do just pay the overseas prices / can import from overseas.
    In most cases the price difference probably won't be enough for it to still be cheaper after paying import taxes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I do. A good one at that. It is just my X1 hasn't got many games so I thought I might get one for it instead but after this I am just going to get the PC version.
    consoles are good for exclusive and games you play with friend and family (like fighting or sport games for example)
    For cross plateform single player games, PC is almost always superior.

That's how i deal with my consoles.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best one I've seen in the last few months was The Walking Dead (Telltale) on PS3 for 89 dollars (at JB HIFI).
    While $10 on Steam.

I heard the new Thief sucks.

Anyway, I'm curious, did you check out the Ryse price when it was on sale? Did you guys have a sale? It was... 40$ in the US digital DL, instead of 60$. Wondering what it dropped to for you guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

We also pay more for games on steam vs other countries too mate so it's not just console.

But if you get a decent gaming PC it'll pay for itself with cheaper games vs a console pretty quickly, especially if you shop during steam/gog sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

If they want to combat piracy as much as they say they do the first thing they have to do is give us better prices not only for games but also Music, Movies and TV shows. As long as the prices stay are high as they are piracy will continue to rise.
    Dropping prices won't make that big of a difference. Why buy it for 50$ if you can get it for free as an illegal download? Only a small portion will actually buy the game for a reduced price. Ubisoft did test that with Prince of Persia (2008) that had no copy protection at all and was released for 29.99$ and was still pirated 7 times more than bought and was the reason Ubisoft introduced their own launcher.

Also prices for music, games and so on are that high in Australia because you tax that stuff as many times as possible. If they want to make games cheaper they have to reduce taxes on entertainment stuff and raise taxes on other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    while boxed game prices in my country are not that hardcore (like 70 bucks for a new game) the deals i get for USD are quite cheap (like paying 48 bucks instead of 60), and thanks to origin charging me now in dollars it'll be all nice (was charging south americans in euros, explain that to me, currently titanfall is at sale for 60 euros, 92 USD)
    Last edited by barackopala; 2014-03-03 at 06:22 AM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    while boxed game prices in my country are not that hardcore (like 70 bucks for a new game) the deals i get for USD are quite cheap (like paying 48 bucks instead of 60), and thanks to origin charging me now in dollars it'll be all nice (was charging south americans in euros, explain that to me, currently titanfall is at sale for 60 euros, 92 USD)
    Short from importing from overseas, the prices of online aus retailers is still higher. There are websites that sell cd keys for a decent price, if you trust them however.
    Apart from steam I also use www.cdkeys.com.au which can get some nice deals. And of course humble bundle and some other games retailers.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno