Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Banjo...... and that bitch bird too.

I hope they make a real banjo threeheee soon

Never thought that BK, or many of the N64 platformers for that matter, was anything exceptional. On the other hand I miss Battletoads a lot, would definitely love a proper revival of it.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2014-03-04 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's a bit depressing that good 3D platformers are so incredibly uncommon nowadays. My friends and I just got done playing Super Mario 3D World and I honestly haven't seen us all have this much fun together with a video game in years. There is still definitely a market for 3D platformers.

Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are, in my opinion, the pinnacle of 3D platforming. Superior to Super Mario 64 and the Super Mario Galaxy games, easily. The level designs are inventive, the boss fights are memorable, the mini-games are enjoyable and the collectibles create an absolutely addicting experience. I'm not asking for Banjo-Threeie. I just want a game with an adventure as epic as Banjo-Kazooie. I want a game with hundreds of collectibles spread throughout huge landscapes. I'm tired of the congested nature of the latest 3D Mario adventures.

Honestly few independent games get me excited, but A Hat in Time seems like it's attempting to revive that feeling that was lost with the passing of the N64/PSX era. I'm not lying when I say that if I knew A Hat in Time would provide me with an experience as good as Banjo-Kazooie, I would drop $300 on it without question.
    I didn't play Banjo Tooie till years later until it came out on Xbox Arcade (which is actually the better port due to no lag issues) and must I say it is the pinnacle of 3D platforming. Many say it's to large but I just tell them it means you have more of an adventure getting everything, not just that but some puzzles are so much better, they actually require thought (Grunty Industries door). I honestly don't know if I'll ever play a platformer as complete as that again...
    Hey everyone

I still to this day have no completed banjo tooie 100%. I mean I beat the game (final boss was a massive bitch it required perfect timing on a time limit ffs) but I didn't get everything. TBH the game scares me but it is soooo good.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

This guy is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoukan View Post

This guy is amazing.
    Wow that is dead on exact of freezeezy peak.

/nostalgia

On a side note I hated freezeezy peak SO FUCKING MUCH. As soon as I did the present puzzle piece with the lightbulbs I was just... no

As a kid I never knew how to get rid of the snowman, then I discovered I had to use the speed rocket attack when flying on them to kill them. The guy in the video has also covers of Spiral Mountain and some other Banjo (Kaz/T)ooie songs.

As a kid I never knew how to get rid of the snowman, then I discovered I had to use the speed rocket attack when flying on them to kill them.
    That was one of the worst things ever to do. Waste of feathers. The flying controls in the game were really difficult to adjust to, add aiming yourself at that tiny snowman hat not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The flying controls in the game were really difficult to adjust to.
    Yup, try flying in the statue rings In Gobi's valley. The horrors. Or this nice honeycomb:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Here OP, this might give you some insight as to why it turned to shit and why it will never be good again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99aZjMPhAIM
    I enjoyed this video, Rare made some incredible games with incredible ambition but now it seems like they are just a brand label instead of the former titan they once were.
    My Partner does vegan food art @Monaco's Kitchen:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Monacos-Kit...age_fan_invite
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monacoskitchen/

Quote Originally Posted by Yimereh View Post
    I enjoyed this video, Rare made some incredible games with incredible ambition but now it seems like they are just a brand label instead of the former titan they once were.
    Blame microsoft for that and their obsession with shitty kinect games made for 4 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Blame microsoft for that and their obsession with shitty kinect games made for 4 year olds.
    Everyone always blames Microsoft but I blame whoever at Rare came up with the great idea to break off entirely from Nintendo. I wish Nintendo in general still made 3D platformers like SM64 and all the other ones we had on the N64. I'm getting sick of 2D platformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Everyone always blames Microsoft but I blame whoever at Rare came up with the great idea to break off entirely from Nintendo.
    It wasn't an idea to break with Nintendo. It was simply the fact that money could and still can buy everything.

Before the launch of the first X-box Microsoft had a deal with Activision to make games for them, Microsoft needed them but the deal didn't go through. So Microsoft needed a different developer for their upcoming console, and with Rare releasing refined, ground breaking games again and again and again on Nintendo's consoles they wanted to buy them. At the same time Rare wanted a bigger budget from Nintendo which was declined. Nintendo owned 94% of Rare back then and if anyone wanted to buy Rare off Nintendo they could pay the same amount of money and keep the studio. Those are the rules. Microsoft blew them away with the astronomical amount of 375 MILLION dollars. Nintendo didn't want to expand Rare's budget let alone pay that hefty sum, so Microsoft bought 100% of Rare. Nintendo kept their own franchises that Rare worked on in the past, like Donkey Kong. But they were allowed to take Banjo Kazooie with them.