Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Balance] Changes you would like to see done to Boomkin?

For me something along the lines of:

-Starsurge hits 2nd nearby target for 50% of the dmg.

-Some weak spammable spell while moving either giving us or not giving us lunar/solar energy.

-Hurricane to Rain of Fire 2.0 or make it cast it much fastern with more dmg, same to astral storm. so tired for examble during imme hc trying to aoe the adds and having to move so often and cancel the cast.

-Less need for crit to be "competive". Maybe Cata Shooting stars and with the upcoming lvl100 talent giving us permanent eclipses, "make us" stack mastery.

-Cata BOOM Shrooms back please.

-Spell dmg taken debuff back please.

-Either passive Nature's Grace, make it last longer, or something else.

-Make solar eclipse more interesting

-Maybe "grazy" idea but giving us 2 more spells to cast during eclipses. During lunar you spam Starfire+[spellname], solar Wrath+[spellname] and maybe make them interact (sp?) with each other someway. Would imo make more funnier gameplay. Starsurge on cd, Starfire/Wrath+[spellname]+Dots = <3

That's all which kinda bother me with Boomkin atm. In particular AoE/cleave.

honestly if they just upped the proc rate on sotf i would be happy. i like the playstyle it offers and play with it often, i wish i could use it when im "being serious"

our 2-3 targets is fine, i wouldnt mind seeing hurricane become like Rain of Fire, but I'd much rather have our old solar cleave mechanics back. i thought that was fun.

Make dots last longer by default instead of relying on rng, maybe make sunfire/moonfire a single dot again while bringing back an eclipse neutral insect swarm.

The 100% eclipse talent already fixes my biggest issue with the spec which is the dead zone between eclipses, so +1 for that. I would still prefer it to be baseline though, and have other talent choices.

Stacking of Starsurge procs would be wonderful

Deleted
    No longer have a crit dependency.

I'd also like to see NG as a passive ability while eclipsed, and Treants scale with Eclipse damage (especially with Might of Malorne being such an awesome talent).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    No longer have a crit dependency.

I'd also like to see NG as a passive ability while eclipsed, and Treants scale with Eclipse damage (especially with Might of Malorne being such an awesome talent).
    Ye, Treants scaling with mastery would also be a good thing imo. And as said above, Shooting stars to stack to at least 2x would be nice. It's ok to frost mages so should be to to balance. Also as I said at my original post, do something to nature's grace+crit dependency.

No changes are needed really in my eyes. A lot of people things suggest just because it would do more damage but completely forget the fact that with any sort of change like that other things will be changed to make the overall balance of the spec right.

AOE needs to be more compatible with Eclipse. Starsurge needs a different mechanic behind it.

Deleted
    Id like to see the pre 5.4 shooting stars mechanic with WoD. I guess if its proc chance stays with "dr", we will have more problems with dps , then we got in t14

Just allow SS proc stack to 2, will be enough.

Nature's Grace should IMO be removed, changed or made baseline. Esp. with lower gear levels, it's kinda obnoxious to keep up and you're penalised so much by having to move. Especially in regards to AoE (mushrooms or hurricane) -- you end up gimping your single-target DPS afterwards by having to rotate eclipses without Nature's Grace. It could work to keep it if our aoe either extended Nature's Grace or paused it, I dunno.

I don't think we really *need* more movement DPS, but making Astral Communion castable on the move basline would make things a lot smoother.

Edit: They also need to change our scaling somehow. Over the course of MoP they've "nerfed" (tuned) us for the higher item levels, meaning we've become weaker and weaker with lower item levels. This goes for both CM/PGs and newer players.
    Last edited by Zareth; 2014-02-19 at 09:41 AM.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    the only thing i would really like to see changed is how hurricane/astral storm works i would either like it to be something like rain of fire or make it cost much less mana so you can clip it with haste procs without ooming yourself in like 3 casts and then make it increase our NG buff so it dosn't handicap our single target after you are done aoeing.

Like all caster specs, I hate Multi-dotting with a passion. One thing I love about the DK - Disease spreading, and my Fire Mage. I would rather see AoE back to channeling one spell than continue with multi-dotting.

So I guess, a way to maintain Moon/Sunfire on one target and then "spread them".

a change back to either tbc or wotlk style moonkin, that'd end all the whining about moonkins current state

Deleted
    Just remove this lazy, frustrating, boring and confusing Eclipse mechanic ... That's all i wish.
    O, and give us a new Moonkin form.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Like all caster specs, I hate Multi-dotting with a passion. One thing I love about the DK - Disease spreading, and my Fire Mage. I would rather see AoE back to channeling one spell than continue with multi-dotting.

So I guess, a way to maintain Moon/Sunfire on one target and then "spread them".
    Not sure about your definition of fun but I suspect most people here find multidotting much more engaging and fun than mind-numbingly channeling Hurricane. I do agree though that a spreading mechanic would be cool but not necessary.

I'd like to see if they remember or listen to player's feedback and not leave Starsurge's proc mechanism as it is...

Everything gets new scaling in WoD as they remove individual spell base damage and leave only the scaling, with the character's base stats acting as base damage. I would assume that for most specs this will cause a shift of damage for many spells which would may or may not require new/updated mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post

I completely disagree. Multidotting was the reason I picked up boomkin, and nerfing it and making it so the main reason to multidot was to fish for more Starsurges annoyed me a lot. Spreading our Fires would be nice(but probably sort of overpowered, unless they nerf them even more than they already have), but channeling Hurricane as an AoE is boring as hell. MultiDoTing + Shrooms is much more fun.

I hope haste ends up being the best stat again, instead of this crit crap. It's really frustrating that Starfire, the main Lunar nuke, takes as long to cast as a Chaos Bolt(and does crap damage compared to CB)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-02-19 at 12:47 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    The two reasons why Im leaving my boomie behind in WOD after playing it for 2years is movement dps and AoE.

For movement dps it could be an idea to make hurricane more like rain of fire, also the starsurge stacking up to two charges could help. However im sure it wouldnt be workable as banking two starsurges before an important add comes out means we could basicly one shot that fucker with bit of luck.

What I would love to see is one eclipse neutral spell with oke damage that can be cast on the move. Something like scorch instead of fireball for mages while moving. A spell you can cast so that you still maintain some dps, but not as strong as the main one.

So the rain of fire idea, and a new spell that is similar to the scorch-fireball mechanic of fire mages would be great additions I would love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I hope haste ends up being the best stat again, instead of this crit crap. It's really frustrating that Starfire, the main Lunar nuke, takes as long to cast as a Chaos Bolt(and does crap damage compared to CB)
    Had the same though about this yesterday :P

WTB Cata mindless Haste stack back! Although I don't see it happening right now, with the breakpoints gone and possibly Haste losing value, but you never know what will happen.

I had an idea for Insect Swarm to make its return

First rename that Faerie Swarm (Faerie Fire>Faerie Flame?) talent for something else so it goes:

[Insect Swarm/Faerie Swarm (Solar and Lunar versions) - infests your target with a swarm that causes X dmg every 2 secs damage over 18 secs. While not in eclipse you generate +10 energy when hit a target with a swarm and excessive energy extend it for 2 secs. While in eclipse your swarms increases your critical chance by 15% on Wrath and Starfire and Starsurges is always critical. Starsurge always extends your swarms by 6 secs. 3 Charges - 15 secs Recharge.]

That said I imagined this situation. While not in eclipse swarms increase Wrath energy by 10 (15*2+10=40) making it 3 casts from Lunar and the excessive 20+ energy extends your swarm time by 2 secs. Same goes with Starfire (2*20+10=50=2 casts for Solar) and Starsurge (2*20+10=50) and if your cast any excessive energy generator it will also extend your swarm time.

While in an eclipse swarms increases your Wrath critical chance by 15% and obviously morphing into Faerie Swarm on Lunar, it will increase Starfire critical chance by 15%.
    Swarms benefits your Starsurge aswell making it always critical on eclipses. Also as a mechanic to extend swarm time Starsurge always grants 6 more secs to it. But it could be more or less time it would depend on tests. I believe 3 dots are enough but I'd think Swarm could benefit more on single target and with this eclipse mechanic it makes critical less necessary. The damage formula wasn't built but I don't see it to be so high because of the benefits it brings to other spells. However I also picture these two scenarios:

IF HIGH DMG> Moonfire morphs to Sunfire on Solar (like on Cata) and Insect Swarm morphs to Faerie Swarm on Lunar keeping the 2 dots rotation. This way I also picture this spell benefits from Mastery.
    IF LOW DMG> Insect/Faerie Swarm have a major role to enhance other single target spells, instead of a multidotting spell. Could or could not benefit from Mastery depending on how it scales with spell power (I leave that to Theorycrafters or even Blizzard).

I think it should represent a 10% of overall damage on a Patchwerk style.

So basically rotation would be:
    Lunar Opener (for example)
    Insect Swarm>Starfall>Wrath>LUNAR Eclipse>Moonfire>Sunfire>Starsurge>Starfire>Starfire>*SS Surges>till 0>Celestial Alignment>....... and so as it is now.
    I believe Starsurges would be the main Insect Swarm manager to keep it up as it always extends its time. And having 3 charges make your selective which targets you want to grant a Swarm buff, basically not cast on what will die quickly.