Convince me to play Moonkin!

So I've been toying with the idea of switching my main to Moonkin next expansion, because I'd like to be able to occasionally off-tank or heal while playing a ranged dps main, and druid is the one class that fits the bill. I currently play a demo warlock and I do enjoy it, but it's getting a bit tiring to be stuck exclusively as dps with no chance to try other roles.

I'm planning to raid and do some CMs; no PvP.

I've been reading the guides and playing around with the spec but I just can't get a feel for whether I could LOVE to play it. If you play Moonkin and love it, please tell me why. Or if you have a Moonkin in your raid team who is very useful, I'd love to hear that too. Are there any sites/videos that could sell me on the class and spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    First argument for playing Moonkin is, IT'S FUN!! Do you need more arguments?

However, Moonkins are probably the most gear dependant spec in the game, making CMs harder for Moonies than for most (if not all) others..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Heard moonkins are pretty cool, you could play one OP.
    Source: Cool people

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    If you play Moonkin and love it, please tell me why.
    What I love about moonkins is that they change completely with gear level. Playing a moonkin with full heroic gear feels completely alien to a fresh 90, this is because crit and haste not only give us bigger numbers but they change our rotation.
    Other classes, like a destro warlock, dont change at all as you gear them up.

So a fresh 90 moonkin will go from hard casting those painful starfires to... pew pew pew woooosssh starsurge starsurge starsurge !
    Last edited by Marais; 2014-03-03 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, I started playing Moonkin as my offspec in Pandaria. Here's the biggest reason I like it: the playstyle is fun! Yeah, that's simple. I like bouncing back and forth between solar and lunar. It feels like I'm playing a legit mini game.
    Of course, druid class is the master class and throwing out heals is fun too, 'specially for me since my usual spec is restoration, so I like being able to easily retain part of it.

I think what made me originally fall in love was just farming mobs out in the world by myself, being entranced with the solar lunar mini game and then screwing around with it to find fun ways to survive huge packs of mobs. It felt, and still feels, more experimental than playing feral kitty dps. Less straight-line?

edit: I should mention I've only ever raided once as Moonkin, though, so... this is like lower-tier selling, heh.

Owlkin> /dance

dont think i need to say more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    It's great if you only want to PvE, I find it the most enjoyable of all the DPS specs.

IF someone needs to convince you to play a moonkin, then its not for you - period

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    IF someone needs to convince you to play a moonkin, then its not for you - period
    belieeee dat'!!

10+ Year Old Account
    moonkin > everyone else. coolest look. coolest dance. super utility. much coolness. so awesome. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I usually play as Feral but this weekend i gave a try to Boomkin, and it's FUN FUN FUN !!!
    Last edited by Dandeleon; 2014-03-04 at 05:39 PM.

No. Either you want to try it yourself, or you don't. It's not my job to make you want it.

Thank you all for the responses! I'm encouraged to hear that so many people play the class because they find it fun, not just for dps or utility. I'm planning to level my druid and will give moonkin a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Playing a moonkin with full heroic gear feels completely alien to a fresh 90, this is because crit and haste not only give us bigger numbers but they change our rotation.
    This is really helpful to know! I'll make sure to be patient and stick with it while I get better gear.