Lightbulb dampen harm in pvp ?

For a while now since I first got my monk to 90 iv been looking and trying out this talent here and agian. At first is was good but then I just completly feel off. The whole half damage for anything that exceeds 20% of your max health.

And then it hit me why it became soo weak in pvp. it only does percent of maximum health instead of current health. if that was the case it would be way more useful in PvP especially when you're low on health. But as of right now the only time I lose a stack on dampen harm in pvp is when a warlock cast chaos bolt and even then thats still 60 or 80k health gone. don't get me wrong it's still better than getting hit by 168k chaos bolt but that is the main and foremost cause to lose a dampen harm stack in pvp. but i was wondering if any one else felt that current health would be better then max health to buff it and make it a little mor powerful/useful in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like an activated cheat death mechanic?

Player has 20K health. Warrior slams you for 40k. You die.

Player has 100k heatlh. Warrior slams you for 40k. You only take 20k damage.

Is that what you mean? I agree that would be way better for pvp. Because taking 20% of your max health is a huge hit and just doesnt happen very often outside of raiding.

The only time i ever used dampen harm was in low level bgs to avoid being one shot by twinked prot warriors and rogues. And even then it only saves you from 1 shield slam or ambush lol.
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2014-03-03 at 04:55 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure Dampen Harm is designed to have a niche in PvP because they are scaling down the size of the hits. A talent like Healing Elixirs is more geared toward PvP because every little bit of healing matters quite a bit whereas in PvE it may largely be overhealing.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Healing Elixirs+Glyph of the Fortuitous Spheres, If you get down under 25% they both pop up and save you.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Player has 100k heatlh. Warrior slams you for 40k. You only take 20k damage.
    I see.. But what would happen if player has 100K health.. Warlocks Chaos bolt hits for 150k.. ? Or even their similiar execute effect which hits for same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I see.. But what would happen if player has 100K health.. Warlocks Chaos bolt hits for 150k.. ? Or even their similiar execute effect which hits for same?
    150k chaos bolt is greater than 20 % of your 100k health. Therefore chaos bolt hits for 50%. --->75k. You live with 25k left. I dunno about how resil/pvp power should affect this. But thats the general concept.

Although you would never use this vs casters since diffuse magic gives you a 90% damage reduction against magic. but it would be good vs hard hitting physical attacks like warriors, monks, dks etc.
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2014-03-03 at 09:36 PM.

Health pools and damage numbers in PvP are fairly low and most burst is low frequent hits thus Dampen Harm doesn't really work. Healing Elixirs or Diffuse magic if vs. a caster comp in arena is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Its kind of similar to ToK. Which is just way better.