Thread: SoO dps

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    More DPS will not make the boss any deader.
    Not really, no. Lets say that on Garrosh, your group is pulling the BARE minimum dps to make the enrage timer. The fight will become SIGNIFICANTLY harder compared to having everyone at 200k. And at say, heroic geared raiders tromping through flex for hierlooms/pets and whatnot, the fight is literally a breeze. More dps will ALWAYS make ANY fight easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    with full normal upgraded gear and a legendary cloak you'd have a 564 ilvl. you must be talking about a cleave fight rather than a patchwork because ~370k is a near perfect sim on a patchwork for me with a 574 ilvl. obviously not all classes are balanced perfectly, but i can't imagine a 564 doing as much as a 574 unless you're consistently having ridiculous luck with trinket uptime or you're talking about a cleave fight.
    To be fair you should be able to do more than 370k in ilvl 574. It can swing wildly with trinket procs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Anyone who talks about specific numbers as a minimum/average/target/appropriate/whatever without specifying a fight is talking rubbish. It's nonsensical to talk about the numbers you put out in a raid environment without talking about a specific boss - I don't know about you guys, but I have >100K differences between my best and worst bosses. Hell, even if we just talk about Immerseus, if you put me in heroic I'll "magically" do a bunch more DPS than I do in normal, even with the same gear, cos now there's adds to cleave.
    DING DING DING. Here we have the correct answer. Dps checks are very lenient on most of the bosses in SoO. It relies on doing the mechanics properly and still doing decent dps. Even Blackfuse, Malkorok and Paragons do not need all of your raiders to do 300k dps over the whole fight. Them doing that much will however make the bosses SIGNIFICANTLY easier.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-03-03 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Flex: 200k (just a guess)
    Norm: 330k (Raidbots 25M)
    Heroic: 450k (Raidbots 25M)

But the answer, as well as the question, is pointless.
    Your numbers are close but slightly off.

The dps requirements and gear needed are much lower than what people actually go to but

For flex it should be around 250k if you're in 530ish item level.

Normal should be around 300k if you're 540s and 325kish at 550ish.

Heroic should be around 380k in 560ish and 420kish in 570ish.

Of course this is about what the average player can bring but I have no doubt the above average players could do ~25% more depending on what class they play.

Deleted

Actually laughed out loud at this.

Deleted
    That polish guy sure trolled y'all with his made-up numbers ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Your numbers are close but slightly off.

The dps requirements and gear needed are much lower than what people actually go to but

For flex it should be around 250k if you're in 530ish item level.

Normal should be around 300k if you're 540s and 325kish at 550ish.

Heroic should be around 380k in 560ish and 420kish in 570ish.

Of course this is about what the average player can bring but I have no doubt the above average players could do ~25% more depending on what class they play.
    Still suprised you haven't been banned with all the trolling you do Okay.

At my item level (578), I'm guessing I should be sustaining almost 500k then?

Either that, or you're (hopefully) talking about AoE.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    That all depends on your class and skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    That all depends on your class and skill level.
    I guess Anzen is just a bad Elemental? You pull numbers out of your ass 250k at 530 ilvl? Sustained over how long? Because sims at 530 were around 170k in ToT gear, but hey what do I know I'm just a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    I guess Anzen is just a bad Elemental? You pull numbers out of your ass 250k at 530 ilvl? Sustained over how long? Because sims at 530 were around 170k in ToT gear, but hey what do I know I'm just a bad player.
    It's fine, he was trollololing the progression thread aswell.

Back to the drawing board for me!

Whoa this thread is still going? Anzen's earlier post about the average DPS was more along the lines I've seen and done myself so if you are looking for an actual realistic answer his is the closest by far. As for the rest of the thread it's pretty much filled with nonsense either accompanied by logs that upon closer inspection show the user to be talking out their arse or doing a fight in a half the time it would have taken them on progress and claiming that to be their progress DPS (Which is generally all anyone cares about)

Deleted

Just wow. We're a new guild and just cleared normal, starting heroics next week. Our avg dps is just around 200-220k and we could definitely kill things much slower and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    For some classes Immerseus is actually a really good fight on heroic. I play destro lock, so for me, that is a fight where i can pull alot of dps, pretty easily ( I've currently got rank 51 on 10hc, with nearly 540k DPS and 420k dps ( effective )). For some other classes though, that don't have the insane aoe locks do have, this fight is indeed bad for dps because of all the downtime ( like on normal )
    I wish I could cheese for rankings on this fight, but my raid leader asks us to switch back to the boss soon as our stacks clear and let the off-tank polish off the adds.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Either that, or you're (hopefully) talking about AoE.
    To be honest that doesn't even seem that far off for a single target dps fight. Now I don't know about how well elemental scales with gear or how much single target dps it can put out, but I am able to do about 460k - 480k dps with about ilvl 571 on a purely single target (no downtime) fight as a feral. Decent trinket RNG required. I know feral is quite a bit ahead of other dps classes at single target, but I wouldn't have thought that 500k is completely unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    To be honest that doesn't even seem that far off for a single target dps fight. Now I don't know about how well elemental scales with gear or how much single target dps it can put out, but I am able to do about 460k - 480k dps with about ilvl 571 on a purely single target (no downtime) fight as a feral. Decent trinket RNG required. I know feral is quite a bit ahead of other dps classes at single target, but I wouldn't have thought that 500k is completely unrealistic.
    Elemental is around the bottom of the single target ladder, likely 50-70k below a feral on single target
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

500k as Elemental on something like Iron Juggernaut HC would be a clear World Number 1 by 50k DPS.

Also the post I'm quoting also said "players could do ~25% more depending on what class they play" - a Feral Druid being crazy good on single target (by his reasoning) would be expected to 600k+ (do you not see how ridiculous that is?)

Doing 480k DPS on IJ as a Feral Druid would put you in the top 40, let alone this 25% more thing.

The only log of you doing IJ you did 350k DPS (and got ranked with it), not 460k-480k, your guild has probably stopped logging.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 04:01 PM.

500k single target as Elemental is quite impossible unless the fight is around 1:30 lol

I must be doing something wrong. I'm 536 Hunter, mainly Survival, and on dummies it's around ~150k. In LFR I go around 180k, sometimes 200k. I don't have the legendary meta, let alone the cloak, but would those bump me up to 200k consistently? Provided I don't get any other upgrades till now and when I obtain the legendaries?
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. I'm 536 Hunter, mainly Survival, and on dummies it's around ~150k. In LFR I go around 180k, sometimes 200k. I don't have the legendary meta, let alone the cloak, but would those bump me up to 200k consistently? Provided I don't get any other upgrades till now and when I obtain the legendaries?
    I wouldn't pay attention to many of the numbers in this thread.

Deleted
    Man there are sooooooooooooo many people lieing there face off in this thread

Maybe a more interesting question would be.

If you where running a PuG what would be your ideal minimum DPS.

Flex - 100 for wing 1 and 140 for wing 4
    Normal - 200
    Heroic - 280

Those are just made up of course but "fells" about right.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Yet, Elemental Shamans aren't one of the best specs, and especially not for single-target fights. So now yeah, you should claim that no one else can do it.
    375k on Jugg (Normal) would easily be a top 50 US+EU parse. So, whats your current rank?