Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is his first MMO experience, it is a good time for him to learn also.

You can play how you want, but when it involve other people, you either do it the way everyone agree with, or you will get kick because you are the minority, it doesn't matter what game it is.

"Your $15 you play how you want, however their $15 x <however many people> speaks louder than your $15"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If it is his first MMO experience, it is a good time for him to learn also.

You can play how you want, but when it involve other people, you either do it the way everyone agree with, or you will get kick because you are the minority, it doesn't matter what game it is.

"Your $15 you play how you want, however their $15 x <however many people> speaks louder than your $15"
    Oh don't worry, I agree 100% that if it is, this is his chance to learn, yeah he might kick and scream and fight it, but he won't change it, the quicker he accepts it, the quicker everyone is a little happier~

Edit: Just as a note, this generally sums up my over all experience with the community in the game.

That was a random CT I joined (<--- Yolonda Swaggerson), no one knows each other, everyone's nice, because we never did anything to make another mad or anything like that.

Generally the community is decent if you're decent to them, being kinda meh at people though, it can make people be a little less than what you'd want from others.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-03-25 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post

*Nice people being nice pic*
    I've been playing seven weeks or so, I'm not at Coil stage yet but I'm at farming Brayflox HM stage.

My experience has been exactly the same. I did read a quick rundown of boss strats before each new dungeon, and I always admitted to being new to the dungeon when I was. In that time I've come across one jerk, ONE. And it wasn't even me he was being a jerk to. More often than not while leveling I'd get commendations despite being DPS, presumably just because I'd bothered to get a basic idea before entering.

And yeah, people are cool about stuff in general. Have to go AFK 30 secs? You're far more likely to hear "np" than "ffs."

I'm on the Shiva server - experiences could be different on others I guess.

I usually only find crappy attitudes from CT groups (random trolls or hotshot tanks who screw it up in other alliances) or PF listings. And I don't join the PF listings that say stupid stuff like "be perfect on titan extreme or get kicked." There's no point in keeping up a hostile conversation with people who want to be rude. It's better for you and even more annoying for them if you just don't take the bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Speaking of specialization for group content ... Why the Titan-Egi then? You will get kicked if you pull that out in a group.
    idc if summoners have titan-egi out tbh, his aoe is better than garuda's by far, on par with ifrits(has a longer cd)

just put him on obey and have everything being cast with /pac skillname macro's rather than freecasting his emnity ability also.
    and don't expect healers to heal him.

garuda is however far superior on boss fights, and with extending dot durations via a skill of hers(something emerald carby doesn't have) it is much much better.
    smn's who only use garuda are just like a sch who never swaps pets as well(selene for everything except aoe damage fights, then eos, with rouse for whispering dawn, and extra defense for party when WD/rouse on cd, and WD not ticking)

there are lazy people and there are skilled people, and there are people who just don't know(why some ppl freak out at titan-egi being out)
    the last i can forgive since not everyone plays a smn (i don't play smn, paladin is my main, and i don't have emnity issues with ppl using titan, even ones that let it freecast) Adaline Smith @ Balmung, i do play sch, not to interested in smn since i have blm as well.

btw side note- tanking is a hell of a lot easier than some tanks make it seem like...when i'm on my blm and pld runs out of mp flashing, and i get all the enemies on me...
    (my blm only 78-80 ilvl, my main/pld is 93)
    they say ohh ran out of mp blah blah right...i'm like...thats what riot blade is for /facepalm...even wars can use a few tricks...skill that lets em do full damage for x second, pop that right before a pull(after having 5 stacks from previous) then hit one that gives 5 stacks and overpower spam with all the extra crit and 20% extra damage... vengeance reflects damage...and i get angry at wars who die without using holmgang... anyway...

but yea...jobs give to much to not use them in groups, yeah solo i can see a protect/stoneskins etc at high lvl being good,(7k hp, 700 shield for my pld, with no mind self cure hits me for 200 or so...stoneskin is 3x better lol)
    ---

ohh as to the OP's question,
    since the classes turn into jobs, that's the point of having them, to exceed what the base-class guild can give you(works well for char development and self story, i love it for the immersion)
    having so many of them is a bit off, but with xclass at 30, other at 15, to unlock a job, it opens possibilities later on war+thm...dark knight? mnk+war=sam? gld+war(or gld+mnk)=nin(stretching it) mmm....whm+blm=rdm?(or since debuffs/dot class acn maybe...) arc+mnk=dancer

there's a lot there they could add on.

still waiting for the golden saucer myself ^.^
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    When reading through the OP I still thought I was on the WoW part of the forum.... I was very confused!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    You give SE too much credit. This isn't based on D&D style class advancement. This is just SE not knowing what to do with their own classes -- just like in FFXI.
    Nothing like FFXI - everything was viable for something and for many different play styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Nothing like FFXI - everything was viable for something and for many different play styles.
    another way he could look at it is that jobs are like having a subclass
    in 11 would you take a 90 war without a 45 subjob(heck lets say no subjob at all)

so no...classes aren't really viable end game/group play, solo...sure, you miss out on a little but extra crossclass abilities can make up for it(kind of...)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I Stand by what I said in post #43 One Week Ago...This guy is trolling. I would now almost bet it's why he was banned from the Square Enix forums.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post

I'm on the Shiva server - experiences could be different on others I guess.

I find more douche bags on Balmung / Exodus.
    You cared enough to post.

FFMMO

The only place where "I'm a Dragoon" is responded with "Naw we need a Fishermen."
    Is it at least better than the initial FFIV was?