Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally I enjoy world PvP, whether it be fair or unfair. It adds an extra edge to the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Don't forget about people who are there for raiding, some of the better guilds are on PvP servers.
    There are raiding guilds on pve servers and, frankly, players who are of the caliber to join guilds at skill levels only on pvp servers do not mind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Btw, this isn't a war, it's a game. Guild Wars seemed to get that message.
    First of all, the word war is right in the freaking title of the game; it may be a game but it's one of the few games left with at least some semblance of competition in it. Secondly, Guild Wars is a turd and not even remotely close to the same game as WoW.

GW was built for the absolute most casual of casuals who like no depth and all reward with absolutely no risk. Also, there is no world pvp in GW so great example bud; as in, not even remotely relevant to the conversation.

Timeless Isle is an example of an area that promotes WPvP, is it not?
    How? I really dont understand this "promoting" you claim. I don't see how TI promotes Wpvp, other than the fact that the island exists. Did you mean they never should have created the island? Because the only way i see it "promoting" wpvp is the bloody coins. Because honestly even if there were no bloody coins rewards, any busy outdoor location with lots of player traffic is likely to become a hub of Wpvp.

So maybe your issue of promotion is really you don't want the bloody coins and their rewards to exist. If so that's possibly a legitimate concern you can bring up to blizzard.

If that's not your concern - the only thing that would not "promote" wpvp (of the kind you don't like) would be to have no locations in the world where players congregate. Meaning you'd have to destroy every max level outdoor quest/daily hub, every concentrated herb (fools cap) or mining area, every outdoor world boss, every outdoor flight path, every outdoor summon stone, every graveyard, every dungeon/raid entrance, etc....or turn all said areas into instanced/phased zones to artificial keep the number of people low. If that's the case...why even bother playing on a pvp server if you never see other players...

Any time you have a high player traffic area, wpvp (including the wpvp ganking you personally don't like) will happen. Fact of life on a pvp server in nearly any game to date.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-03-04 at 07:41 PM.

You're not even trying. You're so far off from what I'm saying.
    Also, I should add that, in reality, I am dead on the mark. That is exactly what's going on here and you just refuse to admit it because you want people to take your whiny rage post, about TI and how you find world pvp unfair because they ganked you one too many times, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's your opinion, though.
    I think you've responded to my last 3-4 posts with "that's your opinion". Like either I don't know that what I'm saying is my opinion or that I should be posting someone else's opinion.

So for the record, I do understand that what I say is my opinion, and I plan to continue to use my opinion for the basis of what I believe, feel, and post about. But thanks for looking out for me, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    How? I really dont understand this "promoting" you claim. I don't see how TI promotes Wpvp, other than the fact that the island exists. Did you mean they never should have created the island? Because the only way i see it "promoting" wpvp is the bloody coins. Because honestly even if there were no bloody coins rewards, any busy outdoor location with lots of player traffic is likely to become a hub of Wpvp.
    TI promotes WPVP on PVP servers by 1) giving players rewards specifically for PVP'ing on the island, 2) being bar-none the fastest way to gear up once you ding 90 and 3) disallowing flying, which is done intentionally so players running around can be caught by other players.

Your post caught me off guard. I hadn't realized there was any dispute that TI was another Blizzard attempt to combat the "WPVP is dead" crowd. Just like "PVP Quests" on Thunder Island and PVP rewards and Quests for the Karasang patch. Blizz even talks about promoting WPVP and faction conflict with every patch this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    There are raiding guilds on pve servers and, frankly, players who are of the caliber to join guilds at skill levels only on pvp servers do not mind it.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, the word war is right in the freaking title of the game; it may be a game but it's one of the few games left with at least some semblance of competition in it. Secondly, Guild Wars is a turd and not even remotely close to the same game as WoW.

GW was built for the absolute most casual of casuals who like no depth and all reward with absolutely no risk. Also, there is no world pvp in GW so great example bud; as in, not even remotely relevant to the conversation.
    Oh I know. I dont think people who moved to raid in Blood Legion have an issue with gankers.

I was saying that they are not necessarily on the dominant faction for any reason pertaining to PvP.

He just keeps telling EVERYONE that disagrees with him, that they don't understand the topic or what he's saying.
    I would say this is often correct. As poster can and do argue points no one is making. It's sometimes comical to watch two people go back and forth quoting each other and arguing while neither is even talking about or making points to counter what the other is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    What I've learned from this thread. apparently the technology for pvp targets to scale to the same ilvl against PvP targets does not exist without it affecting character power against PvE targets..except it does in games not WoW.

the ilvl scaling shit that's inside of battlegrounds, can be applied in the open world without it affecting people that just want to outgear the pve content they farm

The sad reality is that people don't want fair fights in the open world, they want to continue outgearing the people they gank until the end of time, and the majority of world PvP only exists because of this. Just like "real life" it's "strategic".

These people will never agree with you OP. they are content
    I would love to know what games have stat scaling based on the target.

Stat scaling by area is possible, and running separate calculations based on target has been done, but as far as I know, no game has had the stats calculated differently when fighting different targets.

Also, even if the scaling was altered, OP continues to complain about groups beating single players. Stats dont change that, a group of players will still decimate single players.

Also, transfer off if your servers Horde to Alliance ratio is suddenly so imbalanced that it makes PvP intolerable for you now. Times change, the game changes.
    I find it interesting that you keep saying this, like you think folks don't realize they can transfer to PVE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    It will be said:

• Normal Server? Don't flag yourself.
    Except you have PvPers who ARE flagged in PvE servers standing underneath world bosses as their health pools expire and everyone who is not flagged for pvp find themselves targets because they hit the PVPers accidentally instead of the bosses. Its a dick move IMO.

What I've learned from this thread. apparently the technology for pvp targets to scale to the same ilvl against PvP targets does not exist without it affecting character power against PvE targets..except it does in games not WoW.

the ilvl scaling shit that's inside of battlegrounds, can be applied in the open world without it affecting people that just want to outgear the pve content they farm

The sad reality is that people don't want fair fights in the open world, they want to continue outgearing the people they gank until the end of time, and the majority of world PvP only exists because of this. Just like "real life" it's "strategic".

These people will never agree with you OP. they are content
    I would say, (yes, Winter Blossom, this is my opinion) that you are absolutely correct. I speak out for PVP server change, but the reason I don't think it will ever happen is due to what you are saying. People are content in WPVP working the way it does. I just wish Blizzard would realize this and stop attemping to cater to the "WPVP is dead, fix it Blizz!!" crowd. WPVP is dead because people are content that it is unfair and unbalanced, AND they want it that way. What they don't realize, is that the people who are on the downside of this unfair equation, will stop going out into the world because of it. In essence they have hunted their prey to extinction. Blizzard will then try to funnel the entire server pop through a "Timeless Isle" or "Molten Front" to get gear and THAT'S when these QQ threads stop massively popping up again.

The players doing the killing are very happy with the updates, and can't stop to figure out why the players they are camping aren't having fun. The whole ordeal is rather comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    TI promotes WPVP on PVP servers by 1) giving players rewards specifically for PVP'ing on the island, 2) being bar-none the fastest way to gear up once you ding 90 and 3) disallowing flying, which is done intentionally so players running around can be caught by other players.
    1) That's the bloody coins, valid point, but never does the OP mention that.
    2) That really just translates into high traffic area, other world areas could potentially have high traffic, currently TI is one of the busiest.
    3) You know, that's the first decent point i've seen brought up. I had thought about the no flight from blizzards usual line of them wanting you to see and experience the content more fully. (flight would also ruin the barriers they put in for getting chests, accessing special areas, etc, which are other non pvp reasons to restrict flight)

Your post caught me off guard. I hadn't realized there was any dispute that TI was another Blizzard attempt to combat the "WPVP is dead" crowd. Just like "PVP Quests" on Thunder Island and PVP rewards and Quests for the Karasang patch. Blizz even talks about promoting WPVP and faction conflict with every patch this expansion.
    Coming from a pve server, I hadn't considered TI to promote wpvp any more than any other open world pve quest hub, but i see your point.

Still think the OP just fails to grasp that anywhere on a pvp server that is high traffic can turn into a gank zone. The only things they could change about TI would be flight (never happen since it'd break pve objectives there) or getting rid of the coins; which lest be honest, would not significantly lower the amount of ganking (or bad wpvp as he put it) - gankers go where people are.

- - - Updated - - -

The players doing the killing are very happy with the updates, and can't stop to figure out why the players they are camping aren't having fun. The whole ordeal is rather comical.
    Odds are most of the ones not having fun, just jumped ship to a pve server :P - the ones who remain are left to suffer.

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sad reality is that people don't want fair fights in the open world, they want to continue outgearing the people they gank
    the expectation that gear should be normalized to make the game 'fair' pretty much eviscerates the main pillar of a game like wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a complete moron

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    • Normal Server? Don't flag yourself.
    and don't do any BGs or arenas, cuz then you'll have to wait out the flag while being ganked...

and don't do celestials...

and don't do ordos...

and don't do groups with random players for rep grinding who may have done one of the above activities...

yeah, Normal servers are 'totally' non-PvP.

Mind you, I don't really care about being ganked, but saying that rolling on a Normal server prevents this is blissful ignorance.

It's a perfect example of world pvp. It has always been that way. There is no fairness, no equal numbers.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call that harassment. Now if that same guy followed you around every time you logged in, day after day (over a long period of time) and killing you; then I'd say it could be harassment and warrant a look at by Blizz. But according to them, ganking and camping is all allowed on PvP Servers.

Gotta transfer off if you can't hack it on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If you don't like that style of play they have something called a pve server where it can't happen.
    I have already transferred to a PvE server because of this reason (and because my old server was dead). Yesterday I joined a Nalak kill through Oqueue, and the leader was on a PvP server. 5 minutes later I was lying on the floor.

I mean... how is transferring a valid option when ANY interaction with a PvP server means death by an overgeared guy or a normal geared guy and his friends? At least this person had the decency to kill me once; it's never happened to me before.
    We've come to the point that one cannot even complain about it. But it isn't right when it stops being about a fair duel and it's just camping someone who wants to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    and don't do any BGs or arenas, cuz then you'll have to wait out the flag while being ganked...

and don't do celestials...

and don't do ordos...

and don't do groups with random players for rep grinding who may have done one of the above activities...

yeah, Normal servers are 'totally' non-PvP.

Mind you, I don't really care about being ganked, but saying that rolling on a Normal server prevents this is blissful ignorance.
    BGs is choosing to flag yourself.

Celestials dont flag you. You hitting others does. Still your fault

Ordos same thing

This is a player's responsibility to check, although I DO think that your name in chat on a normal server should change color when flagged.

Normal servers prevent it in solo content, IE getting camped by a gank squad, because alone only you can flag yourself.

Also grouping with a flagged player doesnt flag you, buffing them does. Technically you can check if they are flagged, but that is a lot of extra work. Dont know if raid wide buffs do so however.

I personally display PvP flag on unit frames so when healing I dont flag myself when I dont want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I have already transferred to a PvE server because of this reason (and because my old server was dead). Yesterday I joined a Nalak kill through Oqueue, and the leader was on a PvP server. 5 minutes later I was lying on the floor.

I mean... how is transferring a valid option when ANY interaction with a PvP server means death by an overgeared guy or a normal geared guy and his friends? At least this person had the decency to kill me once; it's never happened to me before.
    We've come to the point that one cannot even complain about it. But it isn't right when it stops being about a fair duel and it's just camping someone who wants to play the game.
    PvP is part of playing the game. DOnt want others to influence the path of your gameplay? Dont play a multiplayer

I like PvP servers, but I see this as a growing problem. Thus the thread.
    What do you like about PvP servers?

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What do you like about PvP servers?
    im guessing he stays for the hot babes
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a complete moron

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    but saying that rolling on a Normal server prevents this is blissful ignorance.
    I am playing since 2009 mostly on pve servers and I never experienced pvp if I didn't want to be involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Pretty sure the window states that you are going to be transferred to another server.