Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I might not enjoy "no fly fandom" but I will definitely enjoy ganking the shit out of them! Hah!

    "No fly criers" getting exactly what they bargained for "back to the roots of vanilla pvp" is always a satisfying sight.
    Dems be fighting words! Il see you on the battlefield :P Just dont cry when i stick a totem up your corpse butt :P

  2. #362
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    They do not want restrictions on PvP servers. I thought that one was clear.
    Where did I say they wanted restrictions on a pvp server? I'm saying if players want restrictions on pvp there are pve servers that have restrictions on it.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Thes blizz fail for taking off faction caps. If they put them back they can fix so many of the server imbalances that are out there atm
    No, it's because it's inherently unbalanced and unfair if not because of 'numbers' per side, but because of gear, because some specs are hopeless in PvP - particularly 1v1 - while others are substantially inherently stronger, or worse 'safer' by design. Why else all the complaints about Rogues, specifically, because they can so easily sneak in and if necessary flee?

    Faction capping would just mean a sever is dead on both factions instead of one. And there are plenty of examples of PvP servers that are just that.

  4. #364
    Back when I played on a PvP server(From classic to start of Cata), I once got ganked and camped while lvl'ing in WPL, he killed me maybe 2-3 times. I camped him for one hour after getting on my main. It was great.

    Haveing been on a PvE server for the last years, I miss that stuff sometimes.

    Fact of the matter is, dont like beeing killed, ganked, camped or whatever, you should not have made a toon on a PvP server. The rules have been the same for almost 10 years on PvP servers, just because you dont like it, does not mean the rules will change. It is 100% your fault for choosing to play on a PvP server in the first place. Reroll PvE or stfu.

  5. #365
    Time to dust this old Vanilla quote off:

    Pvp happened on a Pvp server.

    Yes world pvp is often unfair, but them's the breaks. If you want structured and balanced pvp (sort of?), that's what bgs and arenas are for.

    I was pvp until early LK then server transferred to PvE, just because I enjoyed relaxing and staring at the scenery so much that the excitement of being on edge all the time wasn't worth the trade off.

    That being said some of my most fun times came from pvp world encounters:

    (Vanilla) in Hillsbrad a priest mcs me and proceeds to melee my pet to death. I emote /beg and /mourn as my pet slowly gets poked to death by my stat stick. Priest / laughs and leaves me alive.

    (BC) At 53 I slowly kited and killed a dumb 60something rogue who tried to surprise me. Best part was I was drunk ingame, so my screen was a blurry mess of jump-kiting a threatening blob.

    (BC) In my 30s I killed a resto/feral Druid pair who tried to gank me in stv, both around the same level. Feral guy kittied me, forgot about Scare Beast, ran around feared while I downed the resto, then I kited
    And finished the kitty off and proceeded to camp them. They never spawned back at their bodies.

    (Cata) I'm in stv leveling a Druid and get one shotted by a high level on a flying mount. As I sit there in ghost form, I watch HIM proceed to get one shotted by a higher level also on a flyer. It's the ciiiircle of life.

    Yes there's lots of camping but that's what world pvp is. If you don't like it, reroll like I did. Another option is to use OQ to get onto a PvE server just to knock out your Timeless stuff, then hide in instances.

  6. #366
    Alot of good memories about Wpvp came from Vanilla until Wrath
    Since Cata, it's not even PvP, it's broken and saying This is a PvP server this is what you get, I have no problem with that, but a few people unsubs because of that.
    And now let the people whine about how their server is dead

  7. #367
    I find it really silly when people consider "corpse camping" to be world pvp.
    Corpse camping is the most boring uneventful and just god-awful form of PvP in WoW.

    Corpse campers have never seen the good old fights of vanilla southshore and crossroads... that was PROPER world pvp, and not the 5vs1 gibberish corpse-camp people are so fond of these days.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I find it really silly when people consider "corpse camping" to be world pvp.
    Corpse camping is the most boring uneventful and just god-awful form of PvP in WoW.

    Corpse campers have never seen the good old fights of vanilla southshore and crossroads... that was PROPER world pvp, and not the 5vs1 gibberish corpse-camp people are so fond of these days.
    bla bla bla PvP server bla bla red is dead bla bla

    Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-03-10 at 01:10 AM.

  9. #369
    The only fun and fair world PVP i had was on pre-nerf Verlok Stand. The place with trillions of instant respawning troggs. 10k gold per hour farmplace.
    PVPing there was fun and made sense. If you win, you had the farm spot. Until stronger guy came in and killed you.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    bla bla bla PvP server bla bla red is dead bla bla
    http://dafunion.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/pilot.jpg
    That is how I image people who reply with that. (yes a link to a picture, click it!)
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  11. #371
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Corpse campers have never seen the good old fights of vanilla southshore and crossroads... that was PROPER world pvp, and not the 5vs1 gibberish corpse-camp people are so fond of these days.
    I'm starting to question if you even played back then because it was just as common, if not more common, than it is now...

    Also, if you have an issue with it, bring it up with Blizzard as they're the ones who see it as a legitimate PvP tactic.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm starting to question if you even played back then because it was just as common, if not more common, than it is now...
    Also, if you have an issue with it, bring it up with Blizzard as they're the ones who see it as a legitimate PvP tactic.
    Not sure where did you get in my post that corpse camping never occurred in vanilla?

    I said that people who do corpse camping today and call it "World PvP" have definitely NOT played the Southshore/Crossroads battles of Vanilla.

    Whoever did fight in the fun and "organic" big world PvP battles during Vanilla would NEVER call corpse camping "the World PvP"
    , since it is an absolute insult to the (long dead) memories of true World PvP.

    p.s.
    Before you start to question other people, make sure you read their posts properly.

  13. #373
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Not sure where did you get in my post that corpse camping never occurred in vanilla?

    I said that people who do corpse camping today and call it "World PvP" have definitely NOT played the Southshore/Crossroads battles of Vanilla.

    Whoever did fight in the fun and "organic" big world PvP battles during Vanilla would NEVER call corpse camping "the World PvP"
    , since it is an absolute insult to the (long dead) memories of true World PvP.

    p.s.
    Before you start to question other people, make sure you read their posts properly.
    I read your post perfectly fine, here's the part that was directed at:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Corpse campers have never seen the good old fights of vanilla southshore and crossroads...
    If corpse campers were around back then, then they would remember those events. It's not like those were rare events or anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Not sure where did you get in my post that corpse camping never occurred in vanilla?
    I'm pretty sure I never accused you of saying that. Man, the irony of you telling me to read posts...

    But lets get more on to your point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Whoever did fight in the fun and "organic" big world PvP battles during Vanilla would NEVER call corpse camping "the World PvP"
    I did and I still refer to corpse camping as World PvP and more importantly Blizzard was (obviously) around back then and they still refer to it as World PvP. So that statement is completely false as I just provided 2 sources that say otherwise.

    Your opinion can be whatever you want it to be, bud. Just don't try to pass it off as fact especially when the Devs state otherwise.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  14. #374
    Developers call corpse camping a form of world pvp because it is pvp happening in the outside world - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

    During vanilla there was awesome world pvp in certain places which died out during TBC - it all got replaced by fly mount gank groups (5v1) and corpse camping.

    Obviously ALL OF THAT is technically classified as World PvP (pvp happening in the outside world) - but no gamer that has played THE AWESOME vanilla world pvp will ever piss on the good fun of hillsbrad/crossroads by referring to corpse camping as World PvP, regardless of how it is today classified.

    Not sure are you just trying to be illogical, ignorant or just wanna troll - if you can not understand these simple sentences after my 3rd post, then just stop bothering to read and post...

  15. #375
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Developers call corpse camping a form of world pvp because it is pvp happening in the outside world - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

    During vanilla there was awesome world pvp in certain places which died out during TBC - it all got replaced by fly mount gank groups (5v1) and corpse camping.

    Obviously ALL OF THAT is technically classified as World PvP (pvp happening in the outside world) - but no gamer that has played THE AWESOME vanilla world pvp will ever piss on the good fun of hillsbrad/crossroads by referring to corpse camping as World PvP, regardless of how it is today classified.

    Not sure are you just trying to be illogical, ignorant or just wanna troll - if you can not understand these simple sentences after my 3rd post, then just stop bothering to read and post...
    Except I do refer to it as World PvP nonetheless.

    Was the Southshore stuff way more fun? Imo, yeah I agree it was more fun, but like I said, I still see Corpse camping as World PvP.

    As you said, World PvP is defined by "pvp happening in the outside world", not by whether or not it was fun or not. And despite me and you enjoying it more than corpse camping, I'm sure there is someone out there who has played back then who still enjoys corpse camping more. It illogical to ignore that possibility.

    This got blown out of proportion. My issue was with you saying that everyone who played back then doesn't view corpse camping as wPvP, which is quite simply false. Just kinda irked me.

    Regardless, I'm dropping this mini-argument. Your point is apparently: "Southshore PvP was way better than corpse camping" which like I said, I agree with.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  16. #376
    Guys,lets be honest here wpvp was only real when BGs didnt exist,and the wpvp that existed was a mess people that say that wpvp was a big real thing back then probably didnt play or are just nostalgic,its the same thing when people say that pvp in vanilla took more skill than nowadays,its just nostalgia the best example are the warriors in vanilla that had mortal strike and overpower to press and that was it

  17. #377
    Mechagnome Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    514
    My realm has some really competitive WPvP going, as in we will constantly raid each other's town and capital cities. It's quite a bit of fun actually, and I will sometimes find myself organizing a small raid to attack cross-roads and get some WPvP flowing.

  18. #378
    TI is a perfect example of WoW PvP done without structure or support.

    When you throw in sandbox elements where players claim interactive objects / resources, boosted by faction NPCs, then it becomes more than just a run of the mill gank fest. Yes, you've seen some pretty terrible demonstrations of what world PvP can devolve into, but that has no bearing for what heights it could soar towards. To make it truly and honestly work, you need a dedicated world pvp development team pouring their time and effort into providing structure and support elements and crafting a comprehensive system from the ground up. The game world needs to revolve around such a feature, not just pass it off as a cheap trick.

    I'm sorry that TI has become WoW's idea of world PvP. That certainly isn't the dream we players thought of when we chose a PvP server those many years ago.

  19. #379
    Based on the attitudes displayed in these threads Blizzard should replace the label of "PVP server" with something more appropriate like;

    "player vs vindictive little sociopaths who didn't get enough hugs as kids".

    Because it seems very clear to me that few people are interested in differentiating between constructive, fun world pvp and just trying to make other people miserable because "lulz who cares it's just a video game XD". Really it just demonstrates the disgusting attitudes displayed by the modern generations; Give these people even the smallest opportunity to act like an antisocial scrote and they're all too happy to oblige.

  20. #380
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkus View Post
    Based on the attitudes displayed in these threads Blizzard should replace the label of "PVP server" with something more appropriate like;

    "player vs vindictive little sociopaths who didn't get enough hugs as kids".

    Because it seems very clear to me that few people are interested in differentiating between constructive, fun world pvp and just trying to make other people miserable because "lulz who cares it's just a video game XD". Really it just demonstrates the disgusting attitudes displayed by the modern generations; Give these people even the smallest opportunity to act like an antisocial scrote and they're all too happy to oblige.
    It is just a game....if you're actually going to get upset, and think that an entire generation has disgusting attitudes because they want to kill you and have some fun, then you probably shouldn't be playing this game.

    It's just for fun, that's it. You shouldn't think that peoples actions in-game are who they are IRL, or that it may show what their personality is like. We're playing a game. Nothing more. Don't be so serious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •