Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

TI is a perfect example of..

Why world PvP does NOT need to be encouraged. 90% of the time(really, not an exaggeration) it is just 2-3+ people killing 1 person. It is rarely competitive, it is rarely fun for both sides, and most of the time it becomes griefing because people never lay off, they just attack the moment you're near. So you say 'get a group and defend yourself'. First of all, this rarely works because of server imbalances and peoples complacency. Second, people have other things to do than PvP 100% of the time. When on T.I, there are times when it is so bad you can't do your normal activities. Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean it is only for PvP.

Bottom line: The majority of WPvP is just a group going around globaling single people. It is only fun for the people with no threat of death. Honestly, It's on the verge of broken gameplay. It's at the point where some players would probably want to quit due to it. IMO there needs to be some sort of action taken by Blizzard in some way. Especially in a place in T.I where you can't get on your flying mount. Yes I get it, world PvP isn't supposed to be fair. But if it's never fair, then what's the point? That just sounds like a bad game.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-03 at 01:59 PM.

It will be said:

• Normal Server? Don't flag yourself.

• PVP server? Roll on a normal server.

• Friends on a PVP server don't want to move to Normal server? Get new friends

(Although I may not agree with the last one... haha)

If I get camped I log onto an alt and do something else until they leave. ~30 min or so of herbing or mining.

90% of the time for me, it was a rogue that would gank you as you were fighting a rare, and once they got down low they would just vanish and wait for you to fight again.
    I think there should have been some item that you could buy with timeless coins that would counter people who had a censer.

I think the most fun world pvp is 1v3ing people on timeless isle but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    90% of the time for me, it was a rogue that would gank you as you were fighting a rare, and once they got down low they would just vanish and wait for you to fight again.
    I think there should have been some item that you could buy with timeless coins that would counter people who had a censer.
    Roll a warrior, no problem with rogues even if they attack during rare or w/e. Frost mages though, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

To those that defend the no flying stance...they are expanding the TI model all over the Draenor continent Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    You can get many more TI buffs that censer ppl can't get. Crystal/Dew/Book, as well as Shrine buff. Shrine buff itself is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why, just why? Don't roll on pvp if you can't take being ganked.

When my lvl50 gets ganked 3 times in the row by the same guy 90 in 5minutes I get mildly upset and start to think that said ganker has a small penis. Still it doesn't mean that the system is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    It will be said:

• Normal Server? Don't flag yourself.

• PVP server? Roll on a normal server.

• Friends on a PVP server don't want to move to Normal server? Get new friends

(Although I may not agree with the last one... haha)

If I get camped I log onto an alt and do something else until they leave. ~30 min or so of herbing or mining.
    There's nothing more to say than this. There needs to be some sort of action taken by Blizzard? There has been. In fact, numerous redundant steps have been taken to ensure that people who don't like WPvP don't need to partake in it. If you're being ganked in WoW and you don't want to be, it's your own fault. This is like going on Call of Duty, scrolling right past the campaign option and going to multiplayer instead, and then complaining that you don't want to be fighting other players. Um, then go play the campaign you just ignored? Um, then go play unflagged on a PvE server?

BTW, the friends on a PvP server defense kinda invalidates the original argument, since those friends that oblige you to play on a PvP server when you don't want to better at least come help you out when you're getting corpse camped by WPvPers.

PvE Server----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PvP server.

Don't tell people to go to PvE server, because they are miles different and there is no middle ground. PvP server shouldn't mean you're ok with being camped all the time. Why would something like that exist?

The point I'm making in OP is that World PvP is very rarely if ever fair. And if it's never fair...what's the point? Why promote something like that? It's just bad gameplay. The way people talk about it is not the way it is in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    There's nothing more to say than this. There needs to be some sort of action taken by Blizzard? There has been. In fact, numerous redundant steps have been taken to ensure that people who don't like WPvP don't need to partake in it. If you're being ganked in WoW and you don't want to be, it's your own fault. This is like going on Call of Duty, scrolling right past the campaign option and going to multiplayer instead, and then complaining that you don't want to be fighting other players. Um, then go play the campaign you just ignored? Um, then go play unflagged on a PvE server?

BTW, the friends on a PvP server defense kinda invalidates the original argument, since those friends that oblige you to play on a PvP server when you don't want to better at least come help you out when you're getting corpse camped by WPvPers.
    A group of 3+ people camping a graveyard is NOT ok. You can say that people should group up is fight back, but it's just not reality.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-03 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Why world PvP does NOT need to be encouraged. 90% of the time(really, not an exaggeration) it is just 2-3+ people killing 1 person. It is rarely competitive, it is rarely fun for both sides, and most of the time it becomes griefing because people never lay off, they just attack the moment you're near. So you say 'get a group and defend yourself'. First of all, this rarely works because of server imbalances and peoples complacency. Second, people have other things to do than PvP 100% of the time. When on T.I, there are times when it is so bad you can't do your normal activities. Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean it is only for PvP.

Bottom line: The majority of WPvP is just a group going around globaling single people. It is only fun for the people with no threat of death. Honestly, It's on the verge of broken gameplay. It's at the point where some players would probably want to quit due to it. IMO there needs to be some sort of action taken by Blizzard in some way. Especially in a place in T.I where you can't get on your flying mount. Yes I get it, world PvP isn't supposed to be fair. But if it's never fair, then what's the point? That just sounds like a bad game.
    I LOVE fighting 6 people at once. Im on a normal server for the most part, with my main, but I usually keep censer up. Most people dont bother me, but when I'm anywhere near a rare a couple people think they can surprise me. Its hilarious fighting Huolon and seeing some people flag against me, and just decimating all 5 or 6 of them.

The only issue you are describing is that others arent willing to fight back. If groups fight back against the other groups the conflict is enjoyable. All you have happening is people being cowards and not fighting back. Its not about PvPing 100% of the time, but fighting back somewhat instead of trying to rezz and run away is the solution.

Also, PvP is not griefing. Dont want PvP? Don't go on a PvP server or flag. Pvp is a normal activity on any server, fight back, git gud, or dont be flagged.

Lastly, when has ANY conflict needed to be fair? Do you think that in real life a country with a larger military will resist fighting will more force because they would have an advantage?

- - - Updated - - -

PvE Server----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PvP server.

Don't tell people to go to PvE server, because they are miles different and there is no middle ground. PvP server shouldn't mean you're ok with being camped all the time. Why would something like that exist?

The point I'm making in OP is that World PvP is very rarely if ever fair. And if it's never fair...what's the point? Why promote something like that? It's just bad gameplay.

A group of 3+ people camping a graveyard is NOT ok. You can say that people should group up is fight back, but it's just not reality.
    Right. Because those people are either 1)Bad or 2)Cowards. Tell them to grow a pair and fight back if they go crying in general chat. It is entirely Okay to camp a graveyard.

You wouldnt be camped if you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It is what reality should be. The ONLY difference between a PvP server and a PvE server is the ability to world PvP. Which, in 9 out of 10 cases (lately, 15 out of 10 cases; Five of them do it twice) is just a group of high geared players running around together and killing everyone they find.

If you don't like being camped by those people, play on a PvE server. It's not miles different.
    Being able to attack other players does not suddenly warrant all of this. Nowhere in the PvP server does it allude to or warn of any of this. Gank squads are not what PvP is, it is just a bunch of people blowing up 1 person. The server types are very different. Not being able to attack an enemy faction is just unrealistic and ridiculous, but so are these gank squads.

Even if people do fight back the gankers just go away until everyone leaves. Again, world PvP doesn't work in nearly the same way as it is talked about on the forums.

This thread isn't necessarily against ganking, I'm just pointing out that promoting world PvP isn't really a good thing for these reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I LOVE fighting 6 people at once. Im on a normal server for the most part, with my main, but I usually keep censer up. Most people dont bother me, but when I'm anywhere near a rare a couple people think they can surprise me. Its hilarious fighting Huolon and seeing some people flag against me, and just decimating all 5 or 6 of them.

The only issue you are describing is that others arent willing to fight back. If groups fight back against the other groups the conflict is enjoyable. All you have happening is people being cowards and not fighting back. Its not about PvPing 100% of the time, but fighting back somewhat instead of trying to rezz and run away is the solution.

Also, PvP is not griefing. Dont want PvP? Don't go on a PvP server or flag. Pvp is a normal activity on any server, fight back, git gud, or dont be flagged.

Lastly, when has ANY conflict needed to be fair? Do you think that in real life a country with a larger military will resist fighting will more force because they would have an advantage?

- - - Updated - - -

Right. Because those people are either 1)Bad or 2)Cowards. Tell them to grow a pair and fight back if they go crying in general chat. It is entirely Okay to camp a graveyard.

You wouldnt be camped if you are good.
    It's amazing how much egocentric ignorance you can spout in 1 post. I'm sure you 'decimate' 5-6 people at a time rofl.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-03 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    PVE server this way -->

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to attack other players does not suddenly warrant all of this. Nowhere in the PvP server does it allude to or warn of any of this. Gank squads are not what PvP is, it is just a bunch of people blowing up 1 person. The server types are very different. Not being able to attack an enemy faction is just unrealistic and ridiculous, but so are these gank squads.

Even if people do fight back the gankers just go away until everyone leaves. Again, world PvP doesn't work in nearly the same way as it is talked about on the forums.

This thread isn't necessarily against ganking, I'm just pointing out that promoting world PvP isn't really a good thing for these reasons.

It's amazing how much egocentric ignorance you can spout in 1 post. I'm sure you 'decimate' 5-6 people at a time rofl.

when you join a pvp server you agree that you can be attacked anywhere, anytime, and at any level. IF you do not like this type of gameplay then you should be on a pve server
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    when you join a pvp server you agree that you can be attacked anywhere, anytime, and at any level. IF you do not like this type of gameplay then you should be on a pve server

This is not the issue. Read the title leading into the first sentence. PvP is fine, bad PvP is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Alright, wanna paypal me $250 to move everyone over then?

The point I'm making in OP is that World PvP is very rarely if ever fair. And if it's never fair...what's the point? Why promote something like that? It's just bad gameplay. The way people talk about it is not the way it is in game.

Actually it is. Make more friends to fend off these people. You knew the risks involved with rolling on a PvP server. Being ganked and camped is part of that package. Now if you were on a PvE server that would be griefing and you could report them for interfering with your enjoyment. But you rolled on a PvP server and thus, you need to find a PvP solution to your PvP problem, and that is Blizzards stance on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    You can reroll your characters completely for free. And this is Blizzards stance as well. You have in game options to deal with these people you seem unwilling to try and use or, for free you can get away.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post

No, you should have chose the right server from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the issue. Read the title leading into the first sentence. PvP is fine, bad PvP is bad.

There is no "bad" pvp on a pvp server. There is only pvp that you don't like. Which means you are on the wrong server type.

In case you missed it before.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/getting-started
    • PvPPlayer Versus PlayerFor players who seek out a challenge. Role-play is still optional, but opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere, and at all times. Be on your guard.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2014-03-03 at 05:16 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    There are servers for that.
    You complain about people who ganks on 3v1 but why don't you group up with people then ?

Btw, if you were smart enough, you would have used the censer, if you're under the censer then censer users can't attack you, and since the totality of players not using it are total wuss they wont ever attack you.

And anyway, people in general are so bad that you can manage to 1v2 or even 1v3 if you know some PvP basics. (Not backpeddling, not being a keybord turner, using your control abilities and defensive CD's on the right moment, interrupting, just that, is largely enough)
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-03-03 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as bad pvp, only pvp that you don't care for and you try to enforce your belief that the way you see world pvp must change because you don't like it.

it's been said and said again by countless blues, its fucking world of WAR craft. world pvp is not meant to be regulated, fair, balanced..etc. get used to it and roll to a PVE server, there is nothing different between those two besides the WORLD PVP aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    And who determines what bad PvP is? You? Sorry to break it to you but there are people who think otherwise.

Personally, I think the way wPvP is now is perfect. If you want your honorable pvp, they have battlegrounds and arena for you. It doesn't need to be fair at all. Hell, thats part of the appeal imo.

You knew what you signed up for by playing on a PvP realm. Don't blame the game because you were just ignorant.

The guy who made the CoD reference hit the nail on the head.