WoW Instant Messenger - Not Recording incoming tells.

Hail.

I've had this issue with WIM for a little bit. It's frustratin' 'cos I like to save roleplaying and other important conversations to documents in case I need or want to refer back to them. My friend's whispers were not logged, so now I've got no way to retrieve them. Anyone know why this is happening? I've got all other mods disabled.

F'anks.

That's an option in the addon, is it somehow turned off?

Unless it's a specific "turn off incoming whispers", I don't think I've accidentally turned anything off.

So it's saving your outgoing messages?

Try turning off all history saving, logging out, then back in and turning it back on. Then test it.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest backing up all the history, and reinstalling the addon (delete its savedvariables and everything). Something has gone wrong with it.

Do you know which file I have to back up, so that I don't lose my current collection of logs by deleting the entire package and reinstalling it?

It will probably be World of Warcraft\WTF\<account>\<server>\<character>\Savedvarables\WIM.lua. You can open the file in notepad, check it for your history.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been like this for me since the mini patch, would have hoped a fix came out by now: /

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    It's been like this for me since the mini patch, would have hoped a fix came out by now: /
    Ohhhh. 5.4.7 changed the format of the CHAT_MSG_WHISPER event from just reported the sender's name to reporting "Name-Server". If the addon isn't parsing that correctly, saving the messages will fail.

I'm looking through the addon trying to find the problem, but you're probably going to need to wait for an update

Edit: This source code I have has already been updated to 5.4.7, and it correctly removes the realm name before performing checks on the name. I don't know what the problem is. You're running WIM 3.6.16, right?
    Last edited by Kingoomieiii; 2014-03-03 at 06:45 PM.

Boo hiss. Yeah, I've got the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayon View Post
    Boo hiss. Yeah, I've got the latest version.
    Damnit, I seem to have the same problem too. Are you using Prat, and the prat message formatter by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Damnit, I seem to have the same problem too. Are you using Prat, and the prat message formatter by chance?
    As far as I can tell, WIM reads whispers directly from the CHAT_MSG_WHISPER and CHAT_MSG_WHISPER_INFORM events (and the bnet equivalents), and addons that format chat won't interfere with that.