Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzard is just letting these cities go to waste...

    Silvermoon and Dalaran are the most polished and beautiful cities in the game. Dalaran still has a few people being a neutral city and all as well as a major questing area but silvermoon is just a ghost town
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  2. #2
    Blizzard lets most of its content go to waste. Its a shame, because as you say, some of it is really nice.

  3. #3
    The Unstoppable Force det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    20,643
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticMrZombie View Post
    Blizzard lets most of its content go to waste. Its a shame, because as you say, some of it is really nice.
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

    Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

    People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

    Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ... there are lots of different types of players, with different amounts of time to play, and different tastes for the content and difficulty and time commitment they want to give to any of those pieces of content. The person that plays for an hour or so a few times a week is playing the same game as the person that plays five hours every night.....
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...261?page=8#154

  4. #4
    High Overlord Wesneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    192
    I loved undercity, still do and if the panda portal was close to all citys i would definitely still hangout there. The gloomyness makes it relaxing aswell.
    Orgrimmar/Stormwind just has way too many benefits.

    I hope we get portals in all major citys to Draenor in WoD.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

    Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

    People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

    Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    I really dont think blizzard is going to do any better than dalaran or silvermoon. They stopped trying after wrath...
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    [...]I hope we get portals in all major citys to Draenor in WoD.
    We already have them. Ever went to the mage training areas in the cities and see a portal to Blasted lands? yep, leads you straight to the Dark Portal that, funnily enough, leads to Draenor.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Pandaria is already a waste it never needed to be created in the first place.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Wesneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    We already have them. Ever went to the mage training areas in the cities and see a portal to Blasted lands? yep, leads you straight to the Dark Portal that, funnily enough, leads to Draenor.
    Hmm, i thought that was exclusive to orgrimmar.
    Good to know, thanks!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

    Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

    People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

    Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Naxx is a bad example. It got dumbed down to what today could be considered LFR difficulty.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    We already have them. Ever went to the mage training areas in the cities and see a portal to Blasted lands? yep, leads you straight to the Dark Portal that, funnily enough, leads to Draenor.
    I'm pretty sure he meant the lvl90+ Draenor, not Outlands.
    It ain’t wise to poke a warrior so much, sonny. We just might poke ya back.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Wesneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant the lvl90+ Draenor, not Outlands.
    Yes, but aren't we going to access Draenor with the same DP?

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,584
    I dont understand, why Blizzard doesn't do world event (either PvE or PvP) focused, specially now with CRZ. The tech is already there, and it would make old content/zones used again
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  13. #13
    Mechagnome zolok2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    706
    Whatever you do, don't say this on the wow forums! The devs will respond and say "Oh if we had to redo silvermoon you'd lose a WHOLE raid tier!".

    "WHOLE raid tier...."

    "WHOLE raid tier...."

    "WHOLE raid tier...."


    I wouldn't mind if they gave us a real answer, but don't lie to my face please.
    Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

  14. #14
    Pit Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars.
    Posts
    2,434
    I feel for Darnassus and Exodar.
    *Insert really cool, wicked, signature here*

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Pandaria is already a waste it never needed to be created in the first place.
    If you're going to look at it that way: Neither does any city but Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    Currently playing Final Fantasy XIV. All melee classes overlap far too much mechanically but are thematically interesting.
    My opinions: 5.0 was the golden age of content, the ability prune barely did anything, and 6.2 is actually an enjoyable timesink.

  16. #16
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticMrZombie View Post
    Blizzard lets most of its content go to waste. Its a shame, because as you say, some of it is really nice.
    It's not about letting old content go to waste, it's about promoting their newest shiny toy. They spend all this money, time & effort to make MoP so they want people to play with that new content. It would not make business sense to make changes to the game to encourage people to go to a city on a continent from an expansion 4 years ago.

    It's just like at the start of Cata when Org/SW were the "main cities". Significant time was spent upgrading (or if you're alliance, destroying lol) those cities and Blizzard wanted you in those 2 places. Sure they could of easily added the portals, quests etc to all the other cities to really give players that choice of what city they wanted to hang in, but they didn't cause they wanted you in Org/SW, they want you in panderia and they want you in their Garrisons in WoD.

  17. #17
    The Unstoppable Force det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    20,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Naxx is a bad example. It got dumbed down to what today could be considered LFR difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Pandaria is already a waste it never needed to be created in the first place.
    ..and here we are. So those were only bad examples, all other re-uses would be great and greeted with enthusiasm.

    Fair enough, go ahead, broach the idea. I thought we had enough "merely a setback" jokes to know that a good deal of at least the vocal forum posters didn't take well to re-uses - in this case, done the first time in Magister Terrace in TBC.

    But then again..another bad example.

    How about complaints that SoO is lazy because it re-uses Orgrimmar (I know that it also adds new environment, just pointing out the blanket statements that people who are against it have used)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ... there are lots of different types of players, with different amounts of time to play, and different tastes for the content and difficulty and time commitment they want to give to any of those pieces of content. The person that plays for an hour or so a few times a week is playing the same game as the person that plays five hours every night.....
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...261?page=8#154

  18. #18
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    17,177
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I really dont think blizzard is going to do any better than dalaran or silvermoon. They stopped trying after wrath...
    So because you don't like it, it means they stopped trying... Amazing logic!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Pandaria is already a waste it never needed to be created in the first place.
    Aww, that's cute. The fact that you guys are still around is amazing...

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  19. #19
    det pretty much wins this thread. This whole premise is foolish. These areas were played to death for years. If we all hung out in Silvermoon then "Blizzard sucks for letting Orgrimmar go to waste".

    It's just a bad and pointless argument.

  20. #20
    Legendary! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I really dont think blizzard is going to do any better than dalaran or silvermoon. They stopped trying after wrath...
    If Silvermoon, the most boring city, and Dalaran, which is only special because it's flying, is Blizzard trying then... I don't want them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •