Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Why is silvermoon boring? Only reason i could think is if you hate blood elves.
    More filler space than anyone other city.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas is a good example on a city that should be done more off.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Silvermoon and Dalaran are the most polished and beautiful cities in the game. Dalaran still has a few people being a neutral city and all as well as a major questing area but silvermoon is just a ghost town
    Players let them go to waste citing convenience as an excuse all the time. My characters sit in their racial home city. My hearths are to the cities in Pandaria, but I log them out in their respective cities most of the time. I have no issues with long flights from one city to another, or even waiting on a zep or boat or tram to get to Org/SW. But that is me, and I am unlike many in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    Whatever you do, don't say this on the wow forums! The devs will respond and say "Oh if we had to redo silvermoon you'd lose a WHOLE raid tier!".

"WHOLE raid tier...."

"WHOLE raid tier...."

"WHOLE raid tier...."

I wouldn't mind if they gave us a real answer, but don't lie to my face please.
    You could do a little search or reading on the blue tracker to find the answer you are looking for. They say that to give you an idea of how much time and resources is required for some features players want. The time it would take to redo the BE and Draenei starting areas so you could fly, for example, would be so tremendous it would take the same amount to redo one zone as it does to create a whole raid tier. They are not saying it as a threatening choice, "new Silvermoon or new raid tier."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"

I'm pretty sure we're totally fine with moving on from content that has been played in exhaustively for 2 years. What I don't understand however is how sometimes we seem shoehorned into specific places. For example, why do I HAVE to be in Stormwind and not IF to access vital parts of my gameplay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Orgrimmar/Stormwind just has way too many benefits.
    Aside from brawler's guild and Earthshrine/MoP portal the cities you mentioned have no other benefits. Every city offers the same to all players but people think like sheep and just stay where most people do.

Come to think of it, only alliance really switched from Ironforge to Stormwind once the portals started opening. Horde has always been Orgrimmar heavy because the connection between cities was very bad back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    Aside from brawler's guild and Earthshrine/MoP portal the cities you mentioned have no other benefits. Every city offers the same to all players but people think like sheep and just stay where most people do.
    The portals are pretty major, considering they take you to the current content. But you also forgot the ethereal vendors, which are only found on Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and the Shrines.

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    Whatever you do, don't say this on the wow forums! The devs will respond and say "Oh if we had to redo silvermoon you'd lose a WHOLE raid tier!".

"WHOLE raid tier...."

"WHOLE raid tier...."

"WHOLE raid tier...."

I wouldn't mind if they gave us a real answer, but don't lie to my face please.
    The Art assets that would have to be created in order to make Eversong Woods/Ghostlands/Silvermoon and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst/Exodar flight accessible would probably rival that of a raid tiers worth of art assets, so yeah. It just wouldn't be worth the resources for something that <1% of players would probably notice.

They would have to rebuild an entire city, it would take an immense amount of resources for little to no gain other than making a few completionists say "fucking finally".
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-03-03 at 05:46 PM.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Gilneas is a good example on a city that should be done more off.
    Why? It is seriously a waste. No one would go there. It's not near anything. People will stick to what they like. Stormwind and Org. Not even IF gets the love from players that it used to.

Deleted
    Buh, Darnassus is really beautiful and quiet, it's a pity it's so far away and has awkward access points.

They could get some traffic in the neglected cities by adding current levelcap dailies to all of them. What do they offer that is current content? once you've finished all the cooking/fishing dailies in the area there's nothing. the have a portal to blasted lands. portals to cataclysm zones could have been in all cities, portals to jadeforest could have been in all cities

give people a reason to want to be there, current content rewards. give players an incentive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I personally really like Darnassus. So nice there.
    Me too, if only the boat to SW didn't take ages to come though... since, unfortunately, there's no portals, transmog, special etheral bank, reforging and a bunch of other things in Darnassus.

Blizz could probably implement something similar to D3's bounty system in WoW. There could be select world bosses and/or dungeons located througout Azeroth/Outlands/Northrend etc. The rewards wouldn't have to be substantial, maybe a bit vanity, but it could provide something else for guilds and players to do.

Deleted
    It's the players letting it go to waste tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Well said, sir.

Did you guys not read the blue post? "we COULD add portals to other cities, but it would be at the cost of 3 raid tiers and no new night elf character models"

10+ Year Old Account

This is what Silvermoon looks like from the air.

All of the blue areas are giant gaping holes in the ground that aren't programmed into the game.

Blizzard would need to COMPLETELY remodel Silvermoon for flying for very little benefit (and this is coming at a time when people are blaming flying mounts for everything wrong in WoW no less.) And moreover, there's REALLY no reason to go there, even if they added portals. It's ridiculously far away from everything.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Would easily be solved by adding portals to all cities or removing them altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they just allowed all majors cities to have the same benefits via ethereal vendors then I would have no reason to sit in Orgrimmar, my least favorite city. Shrine is understandably a hot spot due to its placement in the center of pandaria, but when I have nothing to do I'd rather spend time in cities like Darnassus, Silvermoon, and Ironforge.

while it would be cool if they updated some of the older cities such as IF and darn (or all of them) to bring them up to snuff with SW/org i doubt we'll see it until they bring us back to azeroth in a future xpac. obviously its a lot of work to do if they want to update any of the older cities so who knows perhaps this is already in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    det pretty much wins this thread. This whole premise is foolish. These areas were played to death for years. If we all hung out in Silvermoon then "Blizzard sucks for letting Orgrimmar go to waste".

It's just a bad and pointless argument.
    Keeping racial capitals relevant has absolutely nothing to do with rehashing things or even what anyone might consider "content". All they need to do is bring all other faction capitals up to the level of Stormwind and Orgrimmar in terms of player needs. After that it's up to the players to populate those places.

Neither of those things are particularly tough to do.

On the other hand I personally would love to have Wintergrasp returned to it's former glory which would be easy as hell to do. Right now it's bug riddled mess with just stupid editions of making siege engines and demolishers and walls stronger. The honor gains are pathetic and the fact that any PvP needs to be incentivized out the ass for more than 5 people to queue for it means they're miserably screwing up on the most trivial of things that would easily make the game better and more fun for a lot of folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15