i just saw this
    Readiness: Retribution
    Paladin - Retribution Spec
    Requires Paladin (Retribution)
    Increases the cooldown recovery rate by 0% on your Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection, Divine Shield, Avenging Wrath, Divine Protection, and Guardian of Ancient Kings abilities ( -Spell Power % cooldown reduction).

what they mean by -spell power % cdr?

It's not a complete tooltip, and it's not accurate anyway since it still says it affects GoAK for us, which we won't have in WoD.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    It's not a complete tooltip, and it's not accurate anyway since it still says it affects GoAK for us, which we won't have in WoD.
    OK but if the cdr is affected by spell power(100% ap) thats awesome

It won't be

It won't be
    it could explain the 3min cd on AW tho

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    it could explain the 3min cd on AW tho
    It doesn't. Don't read into anything on the readiness tooltip, not even the placeholder list of abilities that they just copied from the cdr trink.

If spell power affected readiness too, what would be the point of readiness at all?

Yeah, the tooltip still hasn't been updated I think.

Wasn't AW only hotfixed to 2min for us? That's what probably the "Hotfix Passive" stands for in the list.

If spell power affected readiness too, what would be the point of readiness at all?
    We dont know the numbers yet. F/e if we stack readiness and lets say we hit 30% cdr, just cause retris need more, we get it from sp. Thus retris hit 60%(loool)cdr while others who stack readiness stay way lower. It sounds ok to me considering it shouldnt be easy to hit big numbers on %readiness.

We dont know the numbers yet. F/e if we stack readiness and lets say we hit 30% cdr, just cause retris need more, we get it from sp. Thus retris hit 60%(loool)cdr while others who stack readiness stay way lower. It sounds ok to me considering it shouldnt be easy to hit big numbers on %readiness.
    You can literally wipe your ass with what is written in the readiness tooltip. That's how much it's worth.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    Yeah, the tooltip still hasn't been updated I think.

Wasn't AW only hotfixed to 2min for us? That's what probably the "Hotfix Passive" stands for in the list.
    Yeah, in 5.2 Ret gained an invisible passive that reduces wings's CD to 2 minutes. On live, the base CD of wings is still 3 minutes. I'm guessing that's not changing.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    You can literally wipe your ass with what is written in the readiness tooltip. That's how much it's worth.
    I am just trying to somehow explain the 3 min cd on AW and find a logic behind it using all info we got so far. Otherwise i should go like OMFg@#@$@!## etc

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    At the end of beta when its confirmed readiness is shit you can call me a prophet I won't mind.
    I'll hold you too that, if you're right I'll call you a muppet forever! FOREVER!

Just hold your horses/boats/whatever with jumping to conclusions, I agree that it looks grim (a lot of it) but we don't have any sort of information about scaling yet OR if class mechanics are final (which they're not). I think we all see the same as you do, but we chose to not flip out because of it because it's alpha. When beta comes around and more and more of us get access to servers to do hands on testing we can give constructive feedback to devs (not like they'll listen anyways.. *hurr, durr*) and hope they change things. Took them what? 2 days to get the shitstorm of seals/CS+HotR interaction before they backed off? Same thing can happen and don't forget that with the new system they have for implementing changes to live realms we can see hotfixes going better than they have before.

TL;DR Calm down!
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lol? empowered seals doesnt fill empty gcds more then likely it will clip gcds while giving -10% holy damage per attack u make while stuck in that mode.
    Not sure how an instant cast spell can "clip GCDs." Perhaps you meant that it would clip the CD of Judgment or CS, which is possible, since they clip each other all the time anyway. Actually it will clip the cooldown of Judgment regardless, if you try to maximize uptime of JoR without having SoR up. But in reality the CLC module will probably be programmed to let JoR fall off so that doesn't happen. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good thing to torpedo our haste scaling over an autoattack buff. I'm just saying haste won't help as much with Emp. Seals as it does without. It's a drawback inherent to the talent's functionality.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I am just trying to somehow explain the 3 min cd on AW and find a logic behind it using all info we got so far. Otherwise i should go like OMFg@#@$@!## etc
    You realize AW's cooldown has been 3 minutes for literally the entire expansion
    Smitus! Of the guild <Smitus and Friends> on Sargeras, formally on Turalyon.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier16_25
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mitus/advanced

You realize they changed back it to 2min in the Shieldwall/Domination patch because 3min was crap? You'd think they would buff it to 1min with the removal of Guardian, especially if they want us to care about Readiness, but... it's Blizzard. "Paladin? What do? "
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

The spell itself has always been 2 mins. We just got an invisible passive that reduced the CD by a minute. It's still 3 min base.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Could you elaborate as to how it could work. I'm being sincere. No sarcasm here.
    It was more a comment on seals "empowering" the paladin, allowing them different abilities, than Warriors where stance changes would just effect how damage is dealt/taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    The minimal seal dancing we do now with SoT/SoR already feels super tedious and they're not even attached to any maintenance buffs yet. I can't imagine making it any more fun

- - - Updated - - -

The ONLY way I could see seal swapping work is if not only are they on the GCD, but all seals also share a seal-unique 15s CD. As to prevent multiple buff stacking from being effective. This concept still works better with seals off GCD than on.

edit: just caught up on thread a little. maybe a potential way seals ON GCD could work is if it cleared all our HP? But that wouldn't even fix the problem it just means you would have to time your seals so you had 0 HP when you wanted to swap.
    It's just too static as it is. Not saying the perfect answer would be tying spells to it (I would like to at least see it in action), but I do think they need to work on seals on a greater level. I don't think that on GCD or not, clearing HP would be a good way to go about things. You'd have to time your seal changes, but it's just too clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Sure, communism by idea is awesome but it didn't work for the russians, or the chinese or even the japanese but I'm sure America will make it work!

Sarcasm aside stance dancing / seal dancing to unlock certain abilities are just obsticles, 2-3 target cleave is already a huge problem for rets and seal of righteous only becomes a dps increase if X is alive for Y seconds. That's not a problem they'll solve with this change, if anything they're making it worse by only allowing us accsess to one or the other. Imagine if fire mages were forced into arcane armor to use the time rollback thing or cat druids forced into bear form for thrash. Or like the warriors of old, overpower/whirlwind only usable while in X stance.
    Ehh, It'd be more like a Pickup truck might not be ideal for everybody, but for people who need the space/utilize the bed, it's the ideal choice.

It'd be more punishing if all our AoE spells were tied to it, which seems to be just DS outside of it now. I did like being able to pick and choose the spells as required, that might just be me, but it could also mean we could get another slot freed up, for say, consecration. I mean, mobs inside Consecration could take X% more damage. That's just me not letting go of hope though.

I do want to see something with seals done, and not saying it's the right choice, but I'm willing to see it tried. There have been plenty of changes which plenty of people didn't work, but with enough tuning, and feedback from both sides it came out right. Though, I'd be happy to go back to consumable seals. SotC always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    [SIZE=1]

Not that I consider myself "top" but I still use CLCret because I do a lot of raidcalling and watch raidframes etc. I don't follow CLCret blindly though (neither should anyone), it's just a helper to give you information, not what to do.
    Yeah, people can't take much of anything in this game for a be-all end-all. When people have ret rotational issues, I suggest using CLCRet, but to learn the actual rotation and what to do when, to maximize that.

Sadly most people can't tell their foot from their nose though.

TLDR; I want them to try anything. Right, or wrong, I'm glad to see them trying stuff with seals rather than just scrapping them. We're not even into Beta and I think they've got a lot of juices flowing, which we need. You need to try out plenty of "bad" ideas to get to a good one. Who knows what will come of it, but I'm glad it's still on the table. Who knows what will come of this, it's clear that they have their stance, and we're giving feedback and they are listening. I know we haven't got much news, but this is good to see so early on.

Now give me Consecration back.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    It was more a comment on seals "empowering" the paladin, allowing them different abilities, than Warriors where stance changes would just effect how damage is dealt/taken.

That's kinda where I want them to go with. Sort of the same with Auras as well.

Now give me Consecration back.
    This to.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Not sure how an instant cast spell can "clip GCDs." Perhaps you meant that it would clip the CD of Judgment or CS, which is possible, since they clip each other all the time anyway. Actually it will clip the cooldown of Judgment regardless, if you try to maximize uptime of JoR without having SoR up. But in reality the CLC module will probably be programmed to let JoR fall off so that doesn't happen. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good thing to torpedo our haste scaling over an autoattack buff. I'm just saying haste won't help as much with Emp. Seals as it does without. It's a drawback inherent to the talent's functionality.
    What he means is to maintain the buffs, you'll be switching seals when CS or J are ready to use, meaning it isn't an empty global that you're filling.

I still question as to why you think haste won't be as valuable in emp seals. What it sadly does is create haste breakpoints, where adding the right amount of haste adds a global in that 20s. For example:
    Haste 0 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% 40% 45% 50%
    GCD 1.50 1.43 1.36 1.30 1.25 1.20 1.15 1.11 1.07 1.03 1.00
    # GCD's 13.33 14.00 14.67 15.33 16.00 16.67 17.33 18.00 18.67 19.33 20.00

So haste values are more important where you create an extra global in that 20s period. And of course we all know there is a haste breakpoint at 40% for a 30s wing duration as well. So to get the 28th global in AW+SW and the 19th global during an emp seal buff duration, you need 42.5% haste.

Also of note, if you don't take SW, then 35% is your breakpoint before 42.5%.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-04-25 at 07:43 PM.