10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Movement speed has only ever contributed theoretical dps that can't actually be quantified, and in raids I don't know that we need any more than what we have available already. Unless they start making encounters the size of the iron highway headin up to flame levi. This is of course directed at talen, not you dakeshi. Just too lazy to quote him.
    Be quiet! It's good exercise
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to exercise, I'd go outside!
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

You sure started some shit in that thread of yours, anaxie.
    Everyone who loves engaging content AND Anaxie rants should dig into it for 15 pages of FUN FUN FUN.

I'm actually tame in there. But I brought the attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Everyone who loves engaging content AND Anaxie rants should dig into it for 15 pages of FUN FUN FUN.

I'm actually tame in there. But I brought the Anaxie attitude.

Fixxed for accuracy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Also Talen you're giving me HULK mode Anaxie thoughts. It's not pretty when I hulk out. I get red letters ontop of my name usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixxed for accuracy.
    YOU DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING. Why did you make me read my quote that many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    He added your name at the last sentence.

On a sidenote, saw that TBC thread. People are quite volatile about the subject still it would seem. Though I agree on the LFR point. Wish it wasn't a theme park ride to nigh-free gear(if it drops). Though it's more of the awful attitude people exhibit in LFR than anything else...well besides the gear thing at any rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Movement speed has only ever contributed theoretical dps that can't actually be quantified, and in raids I don't know that we need any more than what we have available already. Unless they start making encounters the size of the iron highway headin up to flame levi.
    Laugh now, but watch them remake Supremus...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Laugh now, but watch them remake Supremus...
    Heroic mode Supremus. Movement speed increased be 100%, Boss Size incrased 50%, If he catches you in fixate you are punted to Westfall. Because all interdimensional loops always somehow end in Westfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we actually get flame levi. But then we don't have any vehicles.

Flame Levithan had heroic. You just ruined the joke Freddy.

Should be like Archimond Heroic Doomfire now moves twice as fast and causes instant death. He now throws you in the air and the tears are not available. HoP you have slowfall!

- - - Updated - - -

Or how bout Heroic Kaz'rogal you now have minimal mana regneration and the boss destroys your mana forcing you to use minimal attacks and seal of wisdom....

Oh fuck wait... Crap uhhh... that happened T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    I know he had heroic =[ I just meant we'd do the fight on our feet instead of in vehicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Or oh boy Heroic Shade of Aran! "Flame Wreath now also kills all other characters, on any server. Character created in the future will not spawn at their respective spot. Instead they have to corpse run to said spot"

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel Reaver on heroic.

Warrior-Magi

Heroic Anaxie: If you try to gank him and disturb the beast he will skullfuck you so badly you delevel and your gear is permanently red. You also teleport to Westfall upon death.

And then he gets banned for a week.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

I don't die as a raid encounter I get banned upon defeat. That is how we explain my boss lockout

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Did you fucking roll ret yesterday?

Vanilla: Want Holy strike? FUCK YOU HEAL BITCH

TBC Elves get a real dps seal, mana regen, and seal twisting sorry Allaince
    Do you like 10 sec CS and spellpower tier LOLOLOL

Wrath Seal of Blood N physical DS /trollface

Cata guess what. No they didn't know how to add damage to us. Worst fucking mastery ever made and we required a large buff to Sword of light in Firelands

MoP. Holy fuckzors batman progressively buff the shit out of Sword of Light again.

WoD Oh they are totally gonna get it right this time guys.
    I'm the last person to forget the past on anything, but it's also closed beta. If the past teaches me anything is that developers don't tune numbers until they begin raid testing. Just being realistic here. I'll give Judgement until open beta, before I blame developers like Tigole and Furor. Do remember them right? The ex Everquest players who hated the existence of Paladins. The guys who crashed Everquest in protest against Paladins? They played a Warrior and a Rogue? Furor designs quests, while Tigole is apparently the current design lead or was the lead designer.

But I've learned from my mistakes with WoW, and decided to not throw money at them. I will wait a month afterwards to see how Ret is doing before buying the game. Even then, I won't buy WoD for $50 while they retain their $15/month fee. Which more then likely means I won't be coming back to WoW.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2014-04-27 at 07:03 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    In PvE, you're not going to sacrifice dps to keep a movement speed buff up and most definetly not a self-healing buff up.
    With a 20s duration, you have enough time to run through all four seals to keep them up. If you have the empty GCDs to do so, you'd be a fool not to and indeed, trying to keep all four up and then judging which ones to drop if the GCDs aren't available is about the only way that any degree of skill can be demonstrated with this talent. Anything less than four simply opens up the room for error a lot. Which then turn this skill into an exercise not in skill but maintenance.

So - movement speed and self healing may not be the number 1 priority here. But needing just two Seals trivialises the talent.

Nor have you pointed out anything to suggest that the issues Seal Twisting had before have been addressed.

The balance in GCDs used to switch seals lies in the buffs you get for doing so. You're only getting stronger with the AP and the Attack Speed buffs, the rest is worthless outside of very specifics encounters/mechanics
    Self healing can be very powerful in some circumstances and you better believe that Blizzard will balance survival around that possibility. And movement speed is always helpful and affects uptime...and therefore DPS...in many encounters. Secodnary in priority they may be, but they also aren't useless.

If you think Seraphim is a passive effect knowing it works with Readiness then you're just ignorant. Depending on the scaling, 5/10 seconds cut off of Avenging Wrath can make a huge difference for progress.
    Should I care about the end effect when I'm talking emchanics? What it gets down to is simple - its a self maintained buff available on a 30s CD that is gained by using a HP Consuming ability and which you will want up as often as possible.

It is, in short, Inquisition. Sure...the effect is different and there is potentially some scope (limited because you do want the shorter CD on the CDs) for timing activation around a burst window but as far as the mechanics of the spell are? It's Inquisition. Few people complained about Inq effect but rather its mechanics.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Movement speed and a self healing will not make any big difference in pve.
    Movement speed affects uptime in many encounters and can potentially affect survivability. Highly desireable for DPS. Self healing affects survivability and the need for healers to heal you. You might see little reason for Blizzard to balance around more than 2....but that in itself is part of the problem with the talent. If you just need to keep two up, then there is no level of skill involved in doing so. It becomes what Inq is now - a button pressing exercise.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2014-04-27 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't get where you wanna go fast enough now with LAotL, or either of the other two really, you're not where you should be. The only time this entire tier I had trouble keeping up was H Lei Shen because we had a warrior tank leaping between quadrants. Literally 0 problems otherwise.

Not to mention how much dps you'd lose by wasting GCDs switching into those seals, especially because our abilities often clash, and if you delay a CS or exo or anything for a stupid move speed buff or healing buff, you're losing dps that you cannot possibly gain back with either of those buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'm the last person to forget the past on anything, but it's also closed beta. If the past teaches me anything is that developers don't tune numbers until they begin raid testing. Just being realistic here. I'll give Judgement until open beta, before I blame developers like Tigole and Furor. Do remember them right? The ex Everquest players who hated the existence of Paladins. The guys who crashed Everquest in protest against Paladins? They played a Warrior and a Rogue? Furor designs quests, while Tigole is apparently the current design lead or was the lead designer.

But I've learned from my mistakes with WoW, and decided to not throw money at them. I will wait a month afterwards to see how Ret is doing before buying the game. Even then, I won't buy WoD for $50 while they retain their $15/month fee. Which more then likely means I won't be coming back to WoW.
    Wow so you intentionally put yourself behind the entire raiding curb. Gross

- - - Updated - - -

Talen just stop. The self healing talent is trash because we already have ways to heal ourselves and mitigate damage without going through a clunky rotation that costs dps. Sorry going to dogshit dps seals costs you passive dps the 18% holy weapon damage truth procs aren't free.