10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    The problem here is .. a lot (not all) of lower end guilds will (and do) mimic bleeding edge guilds and will create a false stereotype about how you should bring a holy over a ret
    Then perhaps you should bang your Hammer on those stereotypes. (That probably sounded harsh).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    for example why bring the ret when you have a holy already (better utility at this point) and then you could bring another mage or lock (better dps)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then perhaps you should bang your Hammer on those stereotypes. (That probably sounded harsh).
    Im not worried personally.. Im a good enough ret that I will always find a spot in decent guilds.. but that dosent help the lesser skilled rets who have to deal with that type of thing
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, we're talking about how we'll earn our raid spot, and how we'll lose dps from individual gcd's and divided attention by using our single target utility. The vast majority of the people who actually care about that stuff are the people who raid and pvp seriously. The problem isn't necessarily stereotypes like that, because at lower levels, I'd probably say people would more inclined to not care who they bring to raids than anything. They're looking more for a fun, easy-going experience, which doesn't include min-maxing, earning raid spots or not based on utility, etc. If people are in guilds like that stereotype, they're just stupid (the guilds, not necessarily the people).
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    The thing is, we're talking about how we'll earn our raid spot, and how we'll lose dps from individual gcd's and divided attention by using our single target utility. The vast majority of the people who actually care about that stuff are the people who raid and pvp seriously. The problem isn't necessarily stereotypes like that, because at lower levels, I'd probably say people would more inclined to not care who they bring to raids than anything. They're looking more for a fun, easy-going experience, which doesn't include min-maxing, earning raid spots or not based on utility, etc. If people are in guilds like that stereotype, they're just stupid (the guilds, not necessarily the people).

I know it is going to happen eventually but I dont believe Blizzard balance raids on high end(Barring Mythic which makes me jelly cause of that uber set). I'm not saying "Stfu until beta." I'm saying don't exaggerate it that...well yeah.

That said something came to mind. I wonder of Celest is a mouthpiece and not *I actually believe this* and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

honestly why does holy get 20% haste 20% crit , 100% healing AND 20% dmg from AW... if anything they should NOT have the +20% dmg included
    They merged AW, divine favor and guardian for holy. But for retri...

10+ Year Old Account
    well if we end up being total shit and we get to say i told you so to celestalon we can always bomb his twitter account with hundreds upon hundreds of blamecelestalon.com links for revenge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogal Dorn View Post
    They merged AW, divine favor and guardian for holy. But for retri...
    didnt merge jack shit for us.. just took away .. Like i said i would have loved to see inq baked into aw
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it is going to happen eventually but I dont believe Blizzard balance raids on high end(Barring Mythic which makes me jelly cause of that uber set). I'm not saying "Stfu until beta." I'm saying don't exaggerate it that...well yeah.

That said something came to mind. I wonder of Celest is a mouthpiece and not *I actually believe this* and such.
    They can't not balance around mythic and high-end pvp, because that's who will achieve the highest potential of their given characters and who cares the most about true balance. Outside of mythic and the like, player skill is a much larger factor than spec balance and people are a lot less likely to care about a few % difference in theoretical dps.

I'm not saying this in any sort of disparaging way, but if they balanced around the mean or median of each spec (what you're more likely to see in a pug or random bg or what have you), the discrepancies between specs would be much larger because they would be balancing around people not achieving their full potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't not balance around mythic and high-end pvp, because that's who will achieve the highest potential of their given characters and who cares the most about true balance. Outside of mythic and the like, player skill is a much larger factor than spec balance and people are a lot less likely to care about a few % difference in theoretical dps.

I'm not saying this in any sort of disparaging way, but if they balanced around the mean or median of each spec (what you're more likely to see in a pug or random bg or what have you), the discrepancies between specs would be much larger because they would be balancing around people not achieving their full potential.
    Mhm, I know which is why I'm not too concerned overall. Mythic will most likely hit us hard(Or Heroic will start to hurt a little, Mythic will probably not be very good at all for us).

Barring AoW. I wonder what aura we could get back(If we have to lose Devo aura, give us something else maybe). Aura of X Does...whatever......... Can't think of anything right now cause I have a brain fart.

Warrior-Magi

I just dont want to end up like our mages did in siege. They had no real raid utility and was sat for fights that required raid cooldowns even in top 100 guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if we end up being total shit and we get to say i told you so to celestalon we can always bomb his twitter account with hundreds upon hundreds of blamecelestalon.com links for revenge
    Always have gems like this to fall back on:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...18344137334784

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...47045142310912

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhm, I know which is why I'm not too concerned overall. Mythic will most likely hit us hard(Or Heroic will start to hurt a little, Mythic will probably not be very good at all for us).

Barring AoW. I wonder what aura we could get back(If we have to lose Devo aura, give us something else maybe). Aura of X Does...whatever......... Can't think of anything right now cause I have a brain fart.
    Honestly I don't think that we will be getting any auras back or any new abilities period... they have pretty much already said(without oficially saying) that ret is not getting anything new or interesting and all they are going to do is tune numbers(example: we like where ret is mechanically and we feel it just needs a numbers pass).. this way they can spend more time and effort in redesigning booking(did you see all their changes this last alpha notes? it was nuts)..honestly Im not expecting much if anything... number pass that's about it..

tl;dr dont get your hopes up for amazing new and exciting changes.. because you will probably be dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think that we will be getting any auras back or any new abilities period... they have pretty much already said(without oficially saying) that ret is not getting anything new or interesting and all they are going to do is tune numbers(example: we like where ret is mechanically and we feel it just needs a numbers pass).. this way they can spend more time and effort in redesigning booking(did you see all their changes this last alpha notes? it was nuts)..honestly Im not expecting much if anything... number pass that's about it..

tl;dr dont get your hopes up for amazing new and exciting changes.. because you will probably be dissapointed
    Which is another problem, since we're "fine mechanically" with our current 4pc. Once we lose that, hello slow, clunky, and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    we both know he's just blowing smoke up our ass.. he cant very well say rets are going to be shit and subpar better reroll right now.. could you imagine the pr shit storm ?.. no instead they will keep trying to deceive us with posts like "rets will be great"... and when live hits and we are shit they will come up with some shit like " our data did not predict or foresee any problems"

10+ Year Old Account
    we both know he's just blowing smoke up our ass.. he cant very well say rets are going to be shit and subpar better reroll right now.. could you imagine the pr shit storm ?.. no instead they will keep trying to deceive us with posts like "rets will be great"... and when live hits and we are shit they will come up with some shit like " our data did not predict or foresee any problems"
    Maybe, you may never know. I'm putting his word for it. Whatever that is.

Warrior-Magi

Shit, I can divine shield other people? Guess I'm an awful ret for not knowing that.?
    I love how divine shield is one of our raid utilities but deterrence and ice block aren't.

That is relevant we havnt been compensated for Guardians SIGNIFICANT damage nevermind the buff he provides OR inqu. And now they are gutting weapons PLUS the squish. Oh God RIP ret

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    That is relevant we havnt been compensated for Guardians SIGNIFICANT damage nevermind the buff he provides OR inqu. And now they are gutting weapons PLUS the squish. Oh God RIP ret
    Want a tombstone?

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If we don't see obscene coefficients for our attacks when tunning pass start, things going to be bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want a tombstone?
    think of it this way.. weapon dmg has been reduced by 50% ..this makes casters a lot stronger than any melee in the game atm because they don't scale of weapon dmg like we do

10+ Year Old Account
    What is wrong with Blizz?!, they just completely remove AoW, why not do something interesting and daring with it?!?, i swear the spec gets more and more bland and boring each expac.