10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    I could give two shits about animations as long as we are competitive with dps.
    And with smooth gameplay without some herpaderp sealtwisting crap.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    I could give two shits about animations as long as we are competitive with dps.
    still, it would be totally welcome to have some really new and beautiful animations.
    Not to mention the old ones in dire need of rehash , such as HoW animation being prime example.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2014-06-09 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Dio - Holy Diver

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep it paladin-focused, please.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    I found another vid for us a guy dueling using FV vs a priest guy's a complete noob with ret however.. video just gives a basic feel of how FV hits ..it's not much but with the drought of ret stuff its better than nothing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8yQrZxQBs
    Will have to see how other classes fair, but it's not looking good so far. Priest still keeps full mana while surviving for like 5 minutes. That Priest is bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Quoted for truth.... however with the mage spells.. they literally just ripped them from diablo 3 they are even named very similar.. sure they could rip crusader spell effects for us.. but that'd never happen
    I hope they rip the whole Crusader class and not just the spell effects. It would be so much better than what Ret currently is. Just throw a libram on em' and call it Ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post
    I hope they rip the whole Crusader class and not just the spell effects. It would be so much better than what Ret currently is. Just throw a libram on em' and call it Ret.
    Crusaders can only use a twohander and a shield so if they did it literally I'd imagine shit would hit the fan.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I hope they feth up so bad that they'll notice an huge decline in number of rets in WoD.
    But probably it wouldn't bother them much enough to take measures, still.
    Spicing up ret spec would be great.
    Adding E4E as spec passive would be great.
    Giving ret an actual gap closer(or at least proper tuning of available tools) instead of this current monstrosity of mobility would be great.
    Making AoW procs meaningful would be great.
    Oh I can dream.

Giving ret an actual gap closer(or at least proper tuning of available tools) instead of this current monstrosity of mobility would be great.
    Here's an idea, remove Final Verdict as a level 100 talent, buff baseline Templar's Verdict damage and add "Falling Sword" as a talent in it's place.

Falling Sword - Costs 3 holy power (or 50% mana to make Mana mean something for dpsing) - You fall from the sky smiting up to 5 enemies on impact causing 200% weapon damage as holy and rooting them in place for 3 seconds. 30 yard range. 25 second cd.

Borrowed straight from Crusaders in D3. (Awesome looking spell graphic that is actually already in game on the Murkalot pet)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Crusaders can only use a twohander and a shield so if they did it literally I'd imagine shit would hit the fan.
    Fury warriors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Fury warriors...
    Which doesn't actually happen. You don't see them actually going out doing viable DPS in a raid or even a dungeon(Rarely if I missed an example).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Which doesn't actually happen. You don't see them actually going out doing viable DPS in a raid or even a dungeon(Rarely if I missed an example).
    Numbers can always be tweaked, they can also take away glyph of divine protection so we can't get physical damage reduction any more, in exchange for a shield. Plus it would actually be unique, they have been talking about homogenizing for years, why not do something that is actually different.

I don't think it would be that bad. Mainly a flavor/aesthetics thing with a bit of stats. It would help get Ret out of Arms shadow a bit though.

I was hoping the graphic for Final Verdict would be what they used for Fist of Heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it would be that bad. Mainly a flavor/aesthetics thing with a bit of stats. It would help get Ret out of Arms shadow a bit though.

I was hoping the graphic for Final Verdict would be what they used for Fist of Heaven.
    Arms has it's own issues to despite what this thread thinks. I am not going to use a shield as ret. Never. I don't having it as an option but the second it becomes the "MUST" is when I will be upset.

/batglare

Warrior-Magi

I have suggested to Blizz (via Twitter) that Prot be given a 2-Hander and Shield combo (maybe our version of Gladiator Stance) since it would be nice to the overall flavor of the class. I am all for Ret getting some actual serious divine vengeance style abilities, and I am all for using the Crusader as a loose template for both Ret and Prot.

Stress loose template.

Arms has it's own issues to despite what this thread thinks. I am not going to use a shield as ret. Never. I don't having it as an option but the second it becomes the "MUST" is when I will be upset.

/batglare
    A lot of classic Paladin art shows two-hander + shield, Ret has been spinning it's wheels for ummm... ever (Wrath being the only time Ret was actually improved in any significant way), so might as well make a big change.

Oh and has anyone on alpha mentioned if Seraphim ended up being 30% flat or from gear?
    Last edited by Tangra; 2014-06-10 at 01:23 AM.

What's even more funny is that the greatest Holy Paladin in warcraft, Uther, could main heal with a 2-hander out. I would actually play Holy if I could do it like that.
    I say, shake things up.

The current Retribution "movement style" would work better with the Crusader style "ranyness" IMO. Fingers crossed that the 10 yard range on FV is the beginning of a trend.
    Last edited by Ramiell; 2014-06-10 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of classic Paladin art shows two-hander + shield, Ret has been spinning it's wheels for ummm... ever (Wrath being the only time Ret was actually improved in any significant way), so might as well make a big change.

Oh and has anyone on alpha mentioned if Seraphim ended up being 30% flat or from gear?
    And I argue Arthas and Uther never used a shield so this argument is getting silly.

On a related note a new alpha invite wave went out according to twitter. No I didn't get invited.

What's even more funny is that the greatest Holy Paladin in warcraft, Uther, could main heal with a 2-hander out. I would actually play Holy if I could do it like that.

The current Retribution "movement style" would work better with the Crusader style "ranyness".
    I'd say he was more Ret/Holy along with Arthas. Before Frostmourne came anyways >.>

Warrior-Magi

And I argue Arthas and Uther never used a shield so this argument is getting silly.

On a related note a new alpha invite wave went out according to twitter. No I didn't get invited.

I'd say he was more Ret/Holy along with Arthas. Before Frostmourne came anyways >.>
    He didn't have a single Ret ability, though. He had Holy Light, Devotion Aura, Divine Shield, and Redemption (Resurrection). He was definitely a Holy Pally, and his damage and scaling were abysmal despite being a STR based hero.

I think Blizz nailed PLD perfectly in D3. Sword and Board all the way!
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

30% from gear. Not just armor, but all other secondaries as well. So... 10% Crit => 13% Crit, 30% Haste => 39% Haste etc...

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Here's an idea, remove Final Verdict as a level 100 talent, buff baseline Templar's Verdict damage and add "Falling Sword" as a talent in it's place.

Falling Sword - Costs 3 holy power (or 50% mana to make Mana mean something for dpsing) - You fall from the sky smiting up to 5 enemies on impact causing 200% weapon damage as holy and rooting them in place for 3 seconds. 30 yard range. 25 second cd.

Borrowed straight from Crusaders in D3. (Awesome looking spell graphic that is actually already in game on the Murkalot pet)
    Just no.
    No melee should have ever talent to get basic gap closing/mobility/basic melee tools.
    It's borderline stupid, imo.
    Why virtually any other melee spec has talents to AUGMENT their mobility/gap closing while we talent just to have this slightly better mobility (I can't call this fething t15 a gap closer)?

It would be logical to have LAotL/SoL as a baseline tool with tier15 augmenting it that way or the other.
    Logic is such a liar.

Having to talent into gap closer as tier100 would be literally offensive however I might like your gap closer idea.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2014-06-10 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists