10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    "So we removed Inq.... which we told you last time"

Whelp, that was a great set of patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair not a lot changed regardless.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Obv their priority is getting our tier set flashy as fuck and they did just that, damn that thing is sexy

- - - Updated - - -

not diggin the green version however
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Deleted
    Well its not nice when we w8 for some info and only holy prot get changes. Lets hope they working on something nice and thats why they need time

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting notes...

So what is Ret's "Raidwide Utility" spell without Devotion Aura? Most DPS specs seem to have one. Hell, mages got a completely new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinky View Post
    So what is Ret's "Raidwide Utility" spell without Devotion Aura? Most DPS specs seem to have one. Hell, mages got a completely new one!
    Bubble taunt as any Paladin unless we're losing hand of Reckoning, Sac, Freedom. In terms of actual HEY EVERYONE HAVE THIS BONUS we don't really have that, our utility is in single target and/or keeping the boss on us while the raid slams it for about 7 seconds before bolting to the highest dps.

Deleted
    Mage
    Amplify Magic is a new spell available to Mages.
    Amplify Magic amplifies the effects of helpful magic, increasing all healing received by 20% for all party and raid members within 100 yards, and lasts 6 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown.

Anyone else feel like, that should have been ret paladins new raid wide spell?

I will say though, our Set does looks awesome, I have a feeling the green set will be LFR if they're going to make 4 palettes for the armors. I wonder what the other palette(s) will look like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Mage
    Amplify Magic is a new spell available to Mages.
    Amplify Magic amplifies the effects of helpful magic, increasing all healing received by 20% for all party and raid members within 100 yards, and lasts 6 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown.

Anyone else feel like, that should have been ret paladins new raid wide spell?
    Eh, they used to have it, so they got a neat ability from the past. In terms of what it does, it would make sense in the hands of a paladin as well. Unfortunately for us, Mages are in need of some sort of utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    I will say though, our Set does looks awesome, I have a feeling the green set will be LFR if they're going to make 4 palettes for the armors. I wonder what the other palette(s) will look like?

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, they used to have it, so they got a neat ability from the past. In terms of what it does, it would make sense in the hands of a paladin as well. Unfortunately for us, Mages are in need of some sort of utility.
    There is still no reason to take a ret paladin to an RBG.. that ability could be it the reason to take a ret to RBG

There is still no reason to take a ret paladin to an RBG.. that ability could be it the reason to take a ret to RBG
    Yeah, unfortunately I've never been one for committed PvP. I've always heard we've had a bit of a struggle when it comes to that. Hopefully they know what they're doing and things will work out for the Rets that PvP.

Bubble taunt as any Paladin unless we're losing hand of Reckoning, Sac, Freedom. In terms of actual HEY EVERYONE HAVE THIS BONUS we don't really have that, our utility is in single target and/or keeping the boss on us while the raid slams it for about 7 seconds before bolting to the highest dps.
    Your taunt has an 8s CD and a 3s fixate. You bubble and then taunt, the boss will be on you for only the fixate duration, after which point it will ignore you. Besides, this is so bizarre and rare a case that it doesn't merit consideration. I've seen it literally zero times. When people discuss utility, they are referring to our off heals (very niche value in raiding), our Devo Aura (gone), and our hands, one of which we're losing. Maybe these 'sacrifices' will mean that we'll get actually competitive damage now with the top specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to consider more then just PVP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure they just gave the wrong paladin spec the haste bonus! (/sarcasm off)

They are either very set in their way of just letting us go live as of how we are now and waiting for the big hit or miss ( most likely miss ), or just unwilling to change us until more tests can be done on what has happened ( AP/SP ratio and inquisition removal).

and who else loves the new T4 set? errr i mean t17. the flying shoulder part is kind of weird honestly, but the rest seems very interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't anything new. We've always been pretty much the last spec they balance/change, and it's just about always ended to our chagrin. Nothing to see ere, move along.

I do like the tier set though (not that it makes up for the previous statement's continued validity, to my dismay).
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the underwhelming patch notes I'd like to compile some info togeather so we can easily read it without digging through wowheads database

all this is current and may change

TV=210% wpn dmg
    CS= 95% wpn dmg
    J= 57.2% of Spell power+ 68.7% of attack power (since SoL is now a 1:1 ratio we can effectively add them togeather)=125.9% of AP/SP
    Exo=133.5% of AP/SP
    HoW= 264.8% of AP/SP

Anybody want to tackle what our priority may end up looking like? we would need to know how much ap/sp would = 1 dmg to calculate 3 of the 5 abilities..which at this point i have no clue what that would be ... why can't they all be the same type of dmg.. would make this a lot easier

- - - Updated - - -

AH! found it 1dps=3.5 AP from their alpha notes

however I guess to accurately figure out the prio we would need to know the gear we'd be wearing to know the amount of AP we would have wouldent we? to be able to compare vs wpn dmg to get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes I realize I'm "wasting my time because things change" ... but with no new info what else are we gunna do?
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2014-04-19 at 04:00 AM.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    This isn't anything new. We've always been pretty much the last spec they balance/change, and it's just about always ended to our chagrin. Nothing to see ere, move along.

I do like the tier set though (not that it makes up for the previous statement's continued validity, to my dismay).
    I certainly hope you weren't expecting big big changes.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    we know exo hits harder than judge now atleast the question is where does TV and CS fit in there?

HoW
    TV
    CS
    Exo
    J
    will it look like this? CS is the wild card only being 95% wpn dmg will it be where it is now or will it be below exo and above J or will it be bottom?
    Hell HoW may be weaker than a TV , but I'd doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I certainly hope you weren't expecting big big changes.
    Big changes? No. Some news at all? Yeah. We literally got nothing (new). All they said was devo is holy only and we lose inq. Both things we've long since discovered.

Also, even though judge has less scaling than exo, the reason judge has always been higher priority, and barring any changes will most likely continue to be, is because it procs our seals where exo does not. Even now, exo scales better with our AP/SP than judge does (using my AP and not including the current base damage of the spells, which is already a 6-7k difference), doing about 4k more damage just from AP/SP. But since judge procs SoT when exo doesn't, that makes judge the clear winner (at this point).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, cooldown of the abilities plays a big role, since we're based more around the building of holy power than how much damage each ability does. The priority applies to the HP builders only when they're off CD at the same time. If we used judge/exo over CS, we'd end up having more empty gcd's (since it's cd is shorter, and every gcd it's off cd and not being used is another gcd being wasted later on, theoretically).
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Do they not want rets to raid? Because this is how they'll do that...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!